Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Tales of Vesperia: DE $34.99 and One Piece: World Seeker $59.99 today only

  • Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 3:39 am
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1271 posts
278 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Judith best Kritya Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes

I've never played any Tales game but I quite enjoyed Vesperia. I'm trying to decide what to play next, Valkyrie Chronicles 4 or Dragon Quest 11....
[/quote

Played dq11 its pretty good, don't think anything has hit persona 5 levels of amazing. But we shall see since I'm about to hit mid game for it.
Newbie
Jan 16, 2018
9 posts
Be aware guys. I just purchased the game from Cornwall center in Regina this morning. Agian, EBgames sells the used game as new. The copy I received does not have a factory plastic wrap-around seal and the bottom right corner of the case is scratched. I can bear all of above untill I notice the gold fingers of the game card are scrathced as well. This card must had been inserted into a NS before or it won't leave that kind of marks. I just have a feeling of being cheated so not very happy. Still, I don't have a problem with the price for 38.8 after tax even it is used.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5851 posts
1656 upvotes
Scarborough
Gbyrd wrote: I could never get into xc2. Something about the combat didn't appeal to me too much.
At first me neither. And then I looked up a video explaining blade combos and then everything started making sense as that is what chain attacks, elemental combos and bursts revolve around.

Then it started becoming really fun to get into battles in order to activate those combos and consider the timing of Specials/which cooldowns are coming up/ending, it gives you a lot to think about instead of mindlessly pushing buttons once they're off cooldown.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
10515 posts
114479 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I would return it and order on Amazon.ca or BestBuy.ca.
ZhiyuX072143 wrote: Be aware guys. I just purchased the game from Cornwall center in Regina this morning. Agian, EBgames sells the used game as new. The copy I received does not have a factory plastic wrap-around seal and the bottom right corner of the case is scratched. I can bear all of above untill I notice the gold fingers of the game card are scrathced as well. This card must had been inserted into a NS before or it won't leave that kind of marks. I just have a feeling of being cheated so not very happy. Still, I don't have a problem with the price for 38.8 after tax even it is used.
Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
1357 posts
1944 upvotes
Was going to order from Best Buy since it's sold out locally, but it's $0.01 below their free shipping threshold. They were going to tack on over $5 for shipping.

Ordered on amazon for the same price. I can wait 2-4 weeks for it to ship.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2679 posts
342 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Was going to order from Best Buy since it's sold out locally, but it's $0.01 below their free shipping threshold. They were going to tack on over $5 for shipping.

Ordered on amazon for the same price. I can wait 2-4 weeks for it to ship.
It should ship this week, mine says 2-4 weeks as well and it's arriving thursday.
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2017
136 posts
246 upvotes
ZhiyuX072143 wrote: Be aware guys. I just purchased the game from Cornwall center in Regina this morning. Agian, EBgames sells the used game as new. The copy I received does not have a factory plastic wrap-around seal and the bottom right corner of the case is scratched. I can bear all of above untill I notice the gold fingers of the game card are scrathced as well. This card must had been inserted into a NS before or it won't leave that kind of marks. I just have a feeling of being cheated so not very happy. Still, I don't have a problem with the price for 38.8 after tax even it is used.
This is standard practice for EBGames and why I refuse to shop there. They allow staff members to take home games, play them, bring them back to work and sell them as new. It was common during older console generations to buy a “new” game and find old save games on it.

One of the many reasons to never ever give EBGames your money.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1271 posts
278 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: At first me neither. And then I looked up a video explaining blade combos and then everything started making sense as that is what chain attacks, elemental combos and bursts revolve around.

Then it started becoming really fun to get into battles in order to activate those combos and consider the timing of Specials/which cooldowns are coming up/ending, it gives you a lot to think about instead of mindlessly pushing buttons once they're off cooldown.
I think I'll try to get into it again. Been playing ck2 too much lately.

Top