Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Trade-it-in Thursday - 75% extra trade-in credit for PS4/XB1/Switch games towards used items

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 7:19 pm
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
773 posts
987 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

[EB Games] Trade-it-in Thursday - 75% extra trade-in credit for PS4/XB1/Switch games towards used items

EBGames is bringing back their 75% extra trade-in credit towards Playd/Recharged (a.k.a. "used") items, Thursday May 30th only. It's been a long time since there has been a double trade-in credit event, so this is about as good as it gets nowadays.

The usual terms & conditions apply:
"In store only! Extra trade percentage is only valid when trading towards any Playd or Recharged items. Offer only valid on games traded in for Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & Xbox One. Offer valid only towards games normally accepted in trade. Games must include original cases and artwork. Cannot be combined with any other trade offer excluding EDGE. No duplicate titles accepted. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades are subject to Manager approval. Offer subject to change at any time"

If the trade-in value is between $10 and $15 then you will get a larger bump by doing the "Trade 3 Get It Free" promotion (each game bumped to $26.67), although that only applies to new releases.

Minimum $10 TIV list here: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Con ... lue-en.pdf

Featured TIV list here: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Con ... f?20180607

Cheers!
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
74 replies
Dec 24, 2017
919 posts
811 upvotes
nice...now I can get $1.75 instead of $1 for my $60 games....jokes aside, might as well wait for the $10 min trade in.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1551 posts
1962 upvotes
What a horrible deal. Get pennies for your games and only if you trade them for used games lol
Aug 6, 2015
141 posts
153 upvotes
Toronto, ON
User381785 wrote: What a horrible deal. Get pennies for your games and only if you trade them for used games lol
Totally agree. IF it was for the pre-orders (games and/or hardware) then it would make more sense. For overpriced used games NO!
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
773 posts
987 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
zylonite wrote: nice...now I can get $1.75 instead of $1 for my $60 games....jokes aside, might as well wait for the $10 min trade in.
If the game is worth <$6, then the $10 min is better. $6-$9.99, the 75% extra is better. The last time they had minimum $10 was January though, and who knows if they'll have it again as many PS4/XB1 values have dropped a lot. But yeah, not much value added to the cheaper trades in this deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2656 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
How often do they do the $10 min trade in event?
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
I don't understand why EB continues to offer these deals. Terrible return policy too. Unlike BB, you can try the game and if you don't like it, atleast you can return it. Paid $73 for a MLB game one year, tried to return the following day. Got yelled at for attempting lol. Never spending my money at EB.
My horn can pierce the sky
Dec 24, 2017
919 posts
811 upvotes
went to EB Games Calgary yesterday and they charge $10 for used AC: Unity PS4 and $20 for used AC: Blackflag PS4....guess what the buy back values for both of these games are at EB games? you guessed it...it's $3.00
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
773 posts
987 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
User381785 wrote: What a horrible deal. Get pennies for your games and only if you trade them for used games lol
lenz33 wrote: Totally agree. IF it was for the pre-orders (games and/or hardware) then it would make more sense. For overpriced used games NO!
It depends what you've got and what you're looking for. Last time they had this promo, I traded in Kirby Star Allies and got $57.75 towards Octopath Traveler used (which was about $60 for Platinum level). It can be quite lucrative for first-party Switch games especially.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4305 posts
4075 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
zylonite wrote: went to EB Games Calgary yesterday and they charge $10 for used AC: Unity PS4 and $20 for used AC: Blackflag PS4....guess what the buy back values for both of these games are at EB games? you guessed it...it's $3.00
And what's your point?
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
773 posts
987 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Tibbs wrote: How often do they do the $10 min trade in event?
I feel like it used to happen every 3 or 4 months. The last time they did it was in January this year, so they may be due for another one (assuming they decide to do it again). If your games are worth $5 or less then I'd hold on to them just in case. Not much added value at that price point for the 75% bump.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4305 posts
4075 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WayneEnterprise wrote: I don't understand why EB continues to offer these deals. Terrible return policy too. Unlike BB, you can try the game and if you don't like it, atleast you can return it. Paid $73 for a MLB game one year, tried to return the following day. Got yelled at for attempting lol. Never spending my money at EB.
EB lets you return opened games for store credit. Minimum time is 2 days if you have a Red EDGE card (which is free), longest is Onyx which is 10.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3384 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
WayneEnterprise wrote: I don't understand why EB continues to offer these deals. Terrible return policy too. Unlike BB, you can try the game and if you don't like it, atleast you can return it. Paid $73 for a MLB game one year, tried to return the following day. Got yelled at for attempting lol. Never spending my money at EB.
Think your BB made an exception, no one returns opened software products
Mar 20, 2012
609 posts
477 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I don't think BB would allow you to return opened video games. On the other hand, EB has satisfaction exchange benefit program.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
chemicalxv wrote: EB lets you return opened games for store credit. Minimum time is 2 days if you have a Red EDGE card (which is free), longest is Onyx which is 10.
Really? I guess they implemented a new policy. It was extreme frustrating. Good to know.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
undacova wrote: Think your BB made an exception, no one returns opened software products
They probably did. I mean this was atleast 7+ years ago. I haven't bought a game from BB in a long time so my facts are outdated. Either way, it was an awful experience at EB.
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
rhinos wrote: I don't think BB would allow you to return opened video games. On the other hand, EB has satisfaction exchange benefit program.
Makes sense now. I guess policy changed. I don't buy games anymore but I remember how hassle free it was. Probably changed it from the number of fraudulent returns.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1847 upvotes
Ajax
WayneEnterprise wrote: Makes sense now. I guess policy changed. I don't buy games anymore but I remember how hassle free it was. Probably changed it from the number of fraudulent returns.
Problem with EB, and this has been confirmed so many times, they take back the game, reseal it and sell it as new. Smiling Face With Horns
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
mrtvgame wrote: Problem with EB, and this has been confirmed so many times, they take back the game, reseal it and sell it as new. Smiling Face With Horns
Oh goodness...they do that!? Wow.... that's even worse. The thought of buying a game from a reputable store to later realize that the disc is a fake....wow