Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Trade in Thursday - Get a minimum $10 when you trade PS4, XB1 & NSW on February 6th ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 4:23 pm
Dec 28, 2017
22 posts
18 upvotes
Hey they dont give cash right? only trade in value towards another purchase? or store credit via a gift card?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
7091 posts
3082 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: I guess I'd say "Don't go out of your way to do it" because you're not making THAT much given the exchange rate (maybe $3 per game?)
Well, I brought some trash games at a previous 4 for $10 sale that I had already flipped sometime last year. I didn't intend to flip them at all when I bought them lol, just wanted some cheap entertainment for $2.50 USD per and later realized that I'd get more enjoyment if I turned them around for the $10 trade-in credit toward an actual decent game.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4389 posts
2194 upvotes
Toronto
chewyyceee wrote: The TIV list changes every day though, no? So even if it's $1 today, I'm assuming a few of the titles will drop for tomorrow's offer.
In theory but I find there really aren't a lot of sub $1 games. They sell anything for more than $10 so it's mostly only things they know they'll struggle to move (old sports games, online games that become obsolete and games which they get a ton of copies of) that get the sub $1 treatment.
Nov 29, 2009
72 posts
19 upvotes
Surrey
SoroSuub1 wrote: Well, I brought some trash games at a previous 4 for $10 sale that I had already flipped sometime last year. I didn't intend to flip them at all when I bought them lol, just wanted some cheap entertainment for $2.50 USD per and later realized that I'd get more enjoyment if I turned them around for the $10 trade-in credit toward an actual decent game.
You guys are thinking too small, do the 4 for $20.00, find the games that have $10.00 value at EB here and trade 3 in for a pre-order.
Last edited by Kes17 on Feb 5th, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2918 posts
2532 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
But isn't 4 for $20 just a promo they run from time-to-time? This is what I mean about not going out of your way, I'm not planning a US trip solely around a Gamestop deal lol
Nov 29, 2009
72 posts
19 upvotes
Surrey
Fair enough, they're actually running it right now so if anyone is making a trip to the States now would be a good time
Feb 29, 2016
330 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: I guess I'd say "Don't go out of your way to do it" because you're not making THAT much given the exchange rate (maybe $3 per game?)
It's all in the volume, Jerry!
Dec 16, 2013
54 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
Are you able to combine this with the trade 3 get it free promo? I have a few games I can part with, but not if it only gets me $30 in credit.
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
477 upvotes
MythRaven72 wrote:Hey they dont give cash right? only trade in value towards another purchase? or store credit via a gift card?
No, but if you pay for something in cash you can see a cloud of dust come out of the cash register when they try to open the drawer.

Straight up Indiana Jones finding a relic scene it is ^_^
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4389 posts
2194 upvotes
Toronto
movietrailer wrote: Are you able to combine this with the trade 3 get it free promo? I have a few games I can part with, but not if it only gets me $30 in credit.
They're not THAT stupid lol.
Jul 15, 2009
193 posts
183 upvotes
So they're not releasing a list this time? Last time I had a few things to trade but then they put out a list of acceptable games on the day of and none of them were on there...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2918 posts
2532 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rickodemilo wrote: So they're not releasing a list this time? Last time I had a few things to trade but then they put out a list of acceptable games on the day of and none of them were on there...
They don't release lists anymore because they have that permanent TIV page on their website now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5851 posts
3784 upvotes
Toronto
It says last updated Feb 1. Hopefully it doesn't magically change tomorrow morning. No Titanfall, Far Cry 4 vanilla, Lords of the Fallen vanilla, Order 1886 on the list. If it doesn't register, it's insta NO?

Got 14 games ready to dump. Better than the hassles of Kijiji at this stage.
Last edited by Said212 on Feb 5th, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
2918 posts
2532 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
lol I got up to 7 games I'm willing to trade in and I was like "Wait what if the Trade More Get More promo shows up?" and I worked it out and there's literally only a $1.50 difference so I guess all 7 are going bye-bye tomorrow.
[OP]
Feb 5, 2014
153 posts
285 upvotes
Kitchener
Traded Battlefield 4 for $10 credit.

I saw a couple questions about cash or store credit. What I normally do is accumulate some store credit, and then purchase a Visa gift card in case I am not buying anything at EB right away.

✌️

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)