Expired Hot Deals

EB Games

Trade in your Switch and Pre Order the Nintendo Switch OLED for $149 Extended to Aug 4th

Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9164 posts
6368 upvotes
Kootenays
y2dave wrote: If we trade in our old switch what we going used until new switch is out
A stick and a ball?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7425 posts
4007 upvotes
Montreal
CouponBaron wrote: I called and they told me I wouldn't be able to give it in upon pickup, so I wouldn't have the opportunity to do an account transfer like I want to before losing the old one. There's some game saves that don't use the cloud. Also, I'd be out my main console for a couple of months. I really would consider doing it, if they could accommodate and if it was closer, but for these reasons I can't.
You can put $50 deposit now

It’s possible they will let You pay full price when you buy in store, telling them you will come back with a trade switch.

You come home Oct 8, 2021, you make the transfers at home, and then you bring your old switch and your receipt in store to get refund on your credit card
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1375 posts
708 upvotes
Vancouver
AlexJosh wrote: Imagine spending 150 to upgrade only to see a pro version out in 6 months and having to upgrade again
When was the last time Nintendo even released an upgraded version of their existing consoles?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1417 posts
365 upvotes
AlexJosh wrote: Imagine spending 150 to upgrade only to see a pro version out in 6 months and having to upgrade again
Imagine if this pro console ended up being a mediocre switch-U upgrade because of the whiners (yay! I get 60fps on BOTW!!) and no new next gen console for another 4+ years as a result. I'll take the OLED switch (i.e. Switch XL) over that scenario any day!
Sep 7, 2014
793 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
those who did the trade...how did you backup your games progress?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1417 posts
365 upvotes
aljudeh wrote: those who did the trade...how did you backup your games progress?
Haven't traded yet. Got the preorder in store (paid $50) and will trade once I back up stuff and remove my profile. All you need is a store preorder and then trade a few days later when you're ready.
For your saves, I think you have to use your online account (hope you have one). Can't remember otherwise.
Dec 18, 2007
367 posts
553 upvotes
Richmond Hill
aljudeh wrote: those who did the trade...how did you backup your games progress?
To the cloud but need Nintendo online. Some games can't save on cloud like splatoon, pokemon games.
Sad going start all over with those games.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2903 posts
2637 upvotes
Whitby
Bigger screen and a kick stand. Go the sdm route.
Sep 26, 2007
626 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
Can I trade in a Nintendo Switch 2017 + a PS4 for a PS5?
How much is the tradein for the Nintendo Switch?
Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5730 posts
5817 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Sounds like some of you need to decide if the $31 difference ($300 from this vs $269 as the base TIV) plus the tax (which isn't even $5 of value) is worth losing a bunch of your save data.

You can always preorder this, pick it up, take it home, transfer the data you can't transfer otherwise (like Pokemon save files), and then go back to EB and do the trade-in and get some of your money back.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1637 posts
425 upvotes
dekay wrote: When was the last time Nintendo even released an upgraded version of their existing consoles?
I think they did for the 3DS...

"The New Nintendo 3DS features a more powerful CPU, a second analog stick called the C-Stick, additional buttons, an improved camera, and other changes, and was first released in Japan in October 2014."
Sep 4, 2017
278 posts
292 upvotes
Squeeky wrote: I think they did for the 3DS...

"The New Nintendo 3DS features a more powerful CPU, a second analog stick called the C-Stick, additional buttons, an improved camera, and other changes, and was first released in Japan in October 2014."
The DSi was also more powerful than the OG DS. And many people argue the Game Boy Color was an upgraded Game Boy, since the hardware's so similar.
Sep 8, 2013
134 posts
35 upvotes
the 'Peg

Haven't done the trade yet on my Switch Lite. I signed up for Nintendo Online 7 day free trial. Then uploaded my saves to the cloud. Fortunately, my sister has a Switch Regular and transferred my user data to her Switch. Then i downloaded my game saves (Fire Emblem, Mario 3d
For Animal Crossing, just an extra step. Go to Nintendo Shop and download the Animal Crossing Transfer app
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7622 upvotes
Toronto
jmichou wrote: Can I trade in a Nintendo Switch 2017 + a PS4 for a PS5?
Thanks.
ya u can but most likely nobody has ps5 stock in stores, you can go to eb's website and search for todays trade in values for the switch and ps4, this promo for $300 is only towards the oled switch, some mentioned the switch is $269 at the moment for any other trade ins.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
4710 posts
1336 upvotes
Scarborough
jmichou wrote: Can I trade in a Nintendo Switch 2017 + a PS4 for a PS5?
Thanks.
You can probably get $350 to $400 on a og switch on kijiji. PS4 you can get $150 to $200.

But as someone who had a ps5 since launch I can tell you the ps5 is worthless right now. Theres no game worth buying a ps5 for, its almost completely barren. Sony released the console with nothing. I'm guessing you will have to wait another year before it becomes worth it. The xbox series x makes far more sense because of gamepass or just stick with your ps4.
Sep 13, 2015
514 posts
407 upvotes
Have a ton of pc points, looking for Xbox series S from shoppers or RCCS Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Glory Glory Man United
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21740 posts
26284 upvotes
nexuscardguy wrote: Have a ton of pc points, looking for Xbox series S from shoppers or RCCS Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Get the Series X, don't settle, even if you have to wait a bit.

We're not going back in time to 1080p, everything from your toaster oven to your fridge will be in 4K in a few years (slight exaggeration).
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3212 posts
351 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Sounds like some of you need to decide if the $31 difference ($300 from this vs $269 as the base TIV) plus the tax (which isn't even $5 of value) is worth losing a bunch of your save data.

You can always preorder this, pick it up, take it home, transfer the data you can't transfer otherwise (like Pokemon save files), and then go back to EB and do the trade-in and get some of your money back.
You're talking as if the trade in value wouldn't drop in 3 months
Last edited by BlissKira on Jul 24th, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 13, 2015
514 posts
407 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Get the Series X, don't settle, even if you have to wait a bit.

We're not going back in time to 1080p, everything from your toaster oven to your fridge will be in 4K in a few years (slight exaggeration).

I’d take it but only if I can blow my points on it. Just looking to play warzone and fifa Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Glory Glory Man United
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5730 posts
5817 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
BlissKira wrote: You're talking as if the trade in value wouldn't drop in 3 months
The base TIV on the Switch has been $269 for literally years at this point my dude, it's not going anywhere.