Expired Hot Deals

EB Games

Trade in your Switch and Pre Order the Nintendo Switch OLED for $149 Extended to Aug 4th

Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5670 posts
5730 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
AllenWayne wrote: Isn’t EB Games doing a trade-in promotion now until August 1st that gives a trade-in value on a Nintendo Switch of $280.00? $149.00 on this trade-in deal seems scant by comparison.
You're reading it wrong.

$149 is the outstanding amount you have to pay on the $449.99 LED Switch. They're giving you $300.99 for your Switch.

Also if you're Onyx the 15% boost is still better than this promo.
Jr. Member
Jul 5, 2015
104 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i recently traded my switch at ebgames for $280 to prepare for switch oled then this deal comes up (facepalm). I need to make up for $228 (inc tax) for switch oled, so im losing like $149+tax difference urg. preordered at bb for now.
Member
Sep 4, 2017
276 posts
289 upvotes
The London Drugs pre-orders are up. I put one in there in case I decide to keep it, since they don't charge provincial sales tax for Quebec.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
609 posts
721 upvotes
grabbed a white one from BB.

Thanks OP! As usual with preorders these days, it's a gongshow. Would have never known otherwise!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
7420 posts
4002 upvotes
Montreal
superchuko wrote: The London Drugs pre-orders are up. I put one in there in case I decide to keep it, since they don't charge provincial sales tax for Quebec.
London drugs links

White
https://www.londondrugs.com/pre-order-n ... 98957.html

Neon red
https://www.londondrugs.com/pre-order-n ... 98950.html

Edit: They now offer home delivery option, no more in store only
Last edited by cashinstinct on Jul 22nd, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10001 posts
3825 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
input wrote: If you sold your console right now, you would still have to wait the same amount of time before you can buy the OLED model.
I would sell it once I get OLED or at least very close to release date. The trade in value is not bad, what sucks is trading in so early. I'll probably wait.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
7420 posts
4002 upvotes
Montreal
uwengdori wrote: i recently traded my switch at ebgames for $280 to prepare for switch oled then this deal comes up (facepalm). I need to make up for $228 (inc tax) for switch oled, so im losing like $149+tax difference urg. preordered at bb for now.
People were saying to get preorders at EBGames for later use if you intended to buy something related to video games

You lost $20 ($280 trade value compared to $300 now for this deal) + tax value on $300 (depends of your province)
Member
Oct 26, 2008
211 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
What are the chances people hoard these and resale them at a higher value on Kijiji/FB Marketplace come Oct?
- Go Leafs Go!!! :evil:
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1210 posts
863 upvotes
Nanaimo
Fine if you are okay being without a switch for 3 months. Better if I could trade in on launch day of course. For people asking about game saves, you need to pay for nintendo online to enable cloud saving.
Member
Aug 11, 2016
282 posts
223 upvotes
SinghyLeafs wrote: What are the chances people hoard these and resale them at a higher value on Kijiji/FB Marketplace come Oct?
Slim. Its not a meaningful improvement on the switch. If you play with it docked it makes 0 difference.
Member
Oct 11, 2012
257 posts
157 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: You're reading it wrong.

$149 is the outstanding amount you have to pay on the $449.99 LED Switch. They're giving you $300.99 for your Switch.

Also if you're Onyx the 15% boost is still better than this promo.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification.
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2014
788 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote: Just got sent an email from EB Games, trade in your current switch and pre order the new Nintendo Switch OLED for $149 Starting at 2pm.

It is $249 if you are trading in the Switch Lite.

Trade in offer is from July 22 to July 28 or til Pre Order Quantity runs out

Also all pre orders start at 2pm In store and Online

Enjoy,
It says in-store only
Jr. Member
Jul 5, 2015
104 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cashinstinct wrote: People were saying to get preorders at EBGames for later use if you intended to buy something related to video games

You lost $20 ($280 trade value compared to $300 now for this deal) + tax value on $300 (depends of your province)
thanks somehow I got the calculation all messed up. basically giving me $300.99 for it since switch oled is $449. i feel less bad now lol
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 4, 2011
3211 posts
351 upvotes
In the states, the Switch OLED is being discounted to 299.99, so I wonder if they'll do the same in Canada
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
11031 posts
1663 upvotes
Guelph
carnybaby wrote: Thank you!
Preordered
Same here! Thanks! Amazon only charges when its shipped right? Now right now?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 29, 2008
7420 posts
4002 upvotes
Montreal
SinghyLeafs wrote: What are the chances people hoard these and resale them at a higher value on Kijiji/FB Marketplace come Oct?
100% some people will try

Not sure how much profit they will make

Top