Expired Hot Deals

EB Games

Trade in your Switch and Pre Order the Nintendo Switch OLED for $149 Extended to Aug 4th

Member
Jun 6, 2018
282 posts
377 upvotes
BlissKira wrote: In the states, the Switch OLED is being discounted to 299.99, so I wonder if they'll do the same in Canada
Did they all do that or only walmart?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7627 upvotes
Toronto
aljudeh wrote: It says in-store only
trade ins are in store only, all pre orders for the switch oled are going live at 2pm online and in stores at eb games.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5307 posts
2667 upvotes
This is a much tougher scalp than PS5 or XSX since it's not really a new super upgrade compared to the the current Switch (which a lot of people already have)

And games aren't exclusive on this OLED model either and won't perform better. Just look brighter and more vibrant I guess on handheld mode due to the better screen.
Last edited by trinxified on Jul 22nd, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
4763 posts
4019 upvotes
Toronto
OLED .. will have potential issues with burn-in, won't it?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5785 posts
5909 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
trinxified wrote: This is a much tougher scalp than PS5 or XSX since it's not really a new super upgrade compared to the the current Switch (which a lot of people already have)

And games aren't exclusive on this OLED model either and won't perform better. Just look better I guess on handheld mode due to the better screen.
It might not even necessarily look better because it's a bigger screen with the same resolution, so it's guaranteed to be blockier, especially for games that drop to like 540p on handheld.

Plus the fact the screen is bigger basically cancels out any battery life gain they would have made.
chadw01 wrote: OLED .. will have potential issues with burn-in, won't it?
Yes
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 29, 2003
7052 posts
3077 upvotes
GTA
chadw01 wrote: OLED .. will have potential issues with burn-in, won't it?
Probably not unless you keep the screen on for a very extensive period of time with the same content. There's certainly a risk, but likely pretty low since you would usually use the screen when you are actually playing games. It doesn't idle like a computer or a phone.
Last edited by cy on Jul 22nd, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 10, 2013
79 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
order with Amazon business discount 25% off
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10552 posts
2139 upvotes
Most likely give up your console now. Then you pick up your new machine later. They did this for old PS4 and pick up PS4 Pro. Or give up PS4 Pro for PS5. No brainer that they doing this as well for Switch.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
13368 posts
24918 upvotes
Good , this means can low ball Kijiji sellers of used/ new regular Switch Smirking Face
Sr. Member
Feb 21, 2003
786 posts
585 upvotes
Richmond BC
Can you trade in if you have a modified dock?
Best deal: 20 reams of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5307 posts
2667 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: It might not even necessarily look better because it's a bigger screen with the same resolution, so it's guaranteed to be blockier, especially for games that drop to like 540p on handheld.

Plus the fact the screen is bigger basically cancels out any battery life gain they would have made
Colors would pop more and just overall brighter. But yeah even PPI would be reduced too.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
10552 posts
2139 upvotes
BlissKira wrote: In the states, the Switch OLED is being discounted to 299.99, so I wonder if they'll do the same in Canada
No. They make Canadian bend over. Never make it easy for us.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2702 posts
1145 upvotes
Quebec
traded my switch lite at the other promotion (160) getting when they move credit they won't give me the bonus for this promotion instead
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10004 posts
3834 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
stephroll wrote: Good , this means can low ball Kijiji sellers of used/ new regular Switch Smirking Face
Lol. Keep dreaming. Nintendo, nuff said.

OLED would cost you over $500 tax in, non OLED is $452 tax in. If someone is selling used good condition switch (v2) lower than $300 they are an idiot. 330-350 is fair for good condition switch.
Sr. Member
Aug 9, 2007
589 posts
542 upvotes
Does anyone know if EB has started the pre-order yet? I keep hitting the link in the email they sent but it just loads the main page to Ebgames.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7627 upvotes
Toronto
Pre orders are live now in stores and online
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7627 upvotes
Toronto
haites wrote: Does anyone know if EB has started the pre-order yet? I keep hitting the link in the email they sent but it just loads the main page to Ebgames.
its live posted links in the OP
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5307 posts
2667 upvotes
I hope they don't cancel my order that has both colors in...

Not technically multiples of one unit right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7627 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: I hope they don't cancel my order that has both colors in...

Not technically multiples of one unit right?
I did the same, hope not either.

Top