Expired Hot Deals

EB Games

Trade in your Switch and Pre Order the Nintendo Switch OLED for $149 Extended to Aug 4th

Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2014
793 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
So...
Giving your old switch before 28th entitles you for the full $300 trade in value.

If you want to keep it until release date, your trade value drops to $269
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9706 posts
4157 upvotes
It's possible EB tanks the trade in value of the regular Switch around the time the OLED releases because that is still almost 4 months from now.
$300 credit for a used product that sells for $399 new is really good.
aljudeh wrote: So...
Giving your old switch before 28th entitles you for the full $300 trade in value.

If you want to keep it until release date, your trade value drops to $269
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2009
862 posts
661 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: It's possible EB tanks the trade in value of the regular Switch around the time the OLED releases because that is still almost 4 months from now.
$300 credit for a used product that sells for $399 new is really good.
Or they could do a trade in promo again too when it releases. I have some hope that they'd do it since they seem to do it quite often when a new system releases
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7622 upvotes
Toronto
aljudeh wrote: So...
Giving your old switch before 28th entitles you for the full $300 trade in value.

If you want to keep it until release date, your trade value drops to $269
4 months from now the value will prob drop to $200, holidays ppl will want the OLED Switch, resell value will drop. The only reason they are giving you $300 right now is because the OLED isn't out yet.
Sr. Member
Sep 7, 2014
793 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote: 4 months from now the value will prob drop to $200, holidays ppl will want the OLED Switch, resell value will drop. The only reason they are giving you $300 right now is because the OLED isn't out yet.
Agree. That's why I'm trading and will keep going with the PS5 until that time...
Sr. Member
Mar 13, 2010
517 posts
294 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
It's more like 2.5 months since the OLED model is coming out October 8th but yeah agree value could drop.

Tempting to take advantage of this promo but don't want to be without a switch until early October
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
6696 posts
5074 upvotes
Ottawa
I usually only play in docked mode...mostly because the performance handheld just isn't the same as docked. The OLED might be THE difference-maker...or it's just the RFD-er in me looking to spend money...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5287 posts
2660 upvotes
Nintendo online subscription lets you upload stuff to the cloud, similar to PS+

Sad how they do it that way but Xbox let's you cloud store for free lol.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5287 posts
2660 upvotes
Said212 wrote: I usually only play in docked mode...mostly because the performance handheld just isn't the same as docked. The OLED might be THE difference-maker...or it's just the RFD-er in me looking to spend money...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
It ain't because no performance is gained here, at least specs wise. It might be different on actual release though.
Sr. Member
Mar 25, 2006
717 posts
144 upvotes
Hamilton
keep your hackable switch's can get more then 300 for them
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2015
969 posts
850 upvotes
Mooooonnn
cag_73 wrote: My son is having issues with current Switch controllers, headphone, etc. Instead of buying new controller, is this better option?

Thanks
If oled screen and storage is not a priority, no

Controller can be bought cheap, or even a pro one when discount. You can also check if you can fix it if it is small issue.
Headphone is not included in the kit anyway, unless it is the jack issue that you want to swap the whole console, you can always change to another headphone. I actually don’t recommend the bt dangle add-on, quality is ok but distance is short. Just grab a regular one

The biggest problem of this promo, you need to trade in current machine now and only get new one when released. I doubt your son is okay with that
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Newbie
Nov 30, 2009
29 posts
169 upvotes
Vaughan
So I was at my local shop on my lunch break at about 1:30, and I kid you not the Store Manager didn't believe me that this promotion was going on today. I had to show him the email and tell him to look on his own website.

He said, "I haven't received instructions on this yet but stick around just in case..."

Literally at 1:50 another customer came in asking if he could preorder it (no trade in) and the Store Manager told him he had no information on this and couldn't help. The guy left!

Meanwhile at 1:57PM he gets a call from his District Manager authorizing him to start preorders at 2:00. No trade in required. I felt bad for the guy that left minutes earlier.

I guess there isn't a point to this story except to say that EB Games has the worst communications policies in place. It's just so amateur hour. Which in turn makes for garbage customer service and lost sales from that poor dude that left dejected.

I was able to trade in my Switch for this deal, but I shouldn't know more about what's going on than the employees. So embarassing.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3506 posts
1118 upvotes
Belle River
MikeStrathmore wrote: So I was at my local shop on my lunch break at about 1:30, and I kid you not the Store Manager didn't believe me that this promotion was going on today. I had to show him the email and tell him to look on his own website.

He said, "I haven't received instructions on this yet but stick around just in case..."

Literally at 1:50 another customer came in asking if he could preorder it (no trade in) and the Store Manager told him he had no information on this and couldn't help. The guy left!

Meanwhile at 1:57PM he gets a call from his District Manager authorizing him to start preorders at 2:00. No trade in required. I felt bad for the guy that left minutes earlier.

I guess there isn't a point to this story except to say that EB Games has the worst communications policies in place. It's just so amateur hour. Which in turn makes for garbage customer service and lost sales from that poor dude that left dejected.

I was able to trade in my Switch for this deal, but I shouldn't know more about what's going on than the employees. So embarassing.
This is all totally normal for EB Games, throughout the history of EB Games posts on RFD we usually have to explain all the details of any promo or anything to the employees and sometimes even argue to get them to look into it enough to realize it's in effect, and that's just the beginning. Then getting promos to apply becomes a huge problem as they struggle with the computer etc., sometimes they figure it out, sometimes they apologetically cannot, other times they will insist you are wrong and that's not how it works.

EB Games is the most YMMV store ever :).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5287 posts
2660 upvotes
Managers of some EB Games store I've been in act like it's their money and revenue on the line.

So maybe it's the way they're trained or just what the company wants them to be.

Even some non-managers are like that too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7622 upvotes
Toronto
The White is out of stock, Neon is available.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21740 posts
26288 upvotes
Does the OLED version have a better GPU?

I'm late to this thread, I realize.
.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7622 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Does the OLED version have a better GPU?

I'm late to this thread, I realize.
whats up! welcome ahaa, everything is the same internally, just a OLED Screen, better kickstand and an ethernet port on the dock. Oh ya 64gb internal storage compared to 32gb on the current model.
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Jul 22nd, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2011
2491 posts
5116 upvotes
Windsor
al3x1980 wrote: keep your hackable switch's can get more then 300 for them
like how much?
Member
Dec 18, 2007
367 posts
553 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For old switch trade what do you have to include? Just dock and switch with joy con. No need box?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21740 posts
26288 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: whats up! welcome ahaa, everything is the same internally, just a OLED Screen, better kickstand and an ethernet port on the dock.
Ethernet port is a welcome addition.

Adding an OLED screen adds gravitas, pomp, and the rest.

Right move by Ninentdo.

Would've hoped to see a premium GPU for better frames and/or beauty in game, but this is still something.

A surprising number of triple A titles are on this thing, on microSD no less.
.

Top