Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Weekly Flyer June 10-16

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2016 6:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 5, 2015
100 posts
170 upvotes
North York, ON

[EB Games] Weekly Flyer June 10-16

Xbox One Controllers $50-$60
GTA V PS4/Xbox One $40
Quantum Break Xbox One $60
Rise of The Tomb Raider Xbox One $50
Halo 5 Guardians Xbox One $50
Forza Motorsport 6 Xbox One $50
Gears of War Ult. Ed. Xbox One $20
UFC 2 PS4/Xbox One $50
Plants vs Zombies GW2 PS4/Xbox One $50
FIFA 16 PS4/Xbox One $30
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour PS4/Xbox One $30
Uncharted 4 Limited Ed. PS4 Console Bundle $450
PS4 500 GB Console $380
Battleborn PS4/Xbox One $50
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection CE $200
138 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6631 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
Heh, Battleborn ... should call that game, Stillborn.

They need to slap their marketing dept for the release timing of that game.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2010
894 posts
572 upvotes
raspeed wrote: Heh, Battleborn ... should call that game, Stillborn.
What an original joke. I've never heard this one before.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Guess EB Games doesn't want any of our money.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2036 posts
1905 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone figure out the trade for Xbox one for $50?
Debating switchin over if i could get 3 games (free Fallout) for $50.

From what I can see its $250 to trade a PS4 and $350 for Xbox. Not sure if the other $50 is the cost of fallout or not.

Weird ads as always.
Member
Jul 8, 2009
223 posts
36 upvotes
Notes from webpage
"Advertised XB1 for $49.99 is a bundle priced at $349.99 after a trade of a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and the $50 discount."

I'm assuming the math is

350
- 250 (standard xbox trade in value)
- 50 ("discount")
= 50

otherwise it may be more if they are going for the "refurb" upgrade price
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 29, 2003
5146 posts
4029 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Brainy142 wrote: Notes from webpage
"Advertised XB1 for $49.99 is a bundle priced at $349.99 after a trade of a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and the $50 discount."
hmmmmm. I'm tempted to trade in my launch x1
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2011
1099 posts
350 upvotes
OAKVILLE
theboschman wrote: Anyone figure out the trade for Xbox one for $50?
Debating switchin over if i could get 3 games (free Fallout) for $50.

From what I can see its $250 to trade a PS4 and $350 for Xbox. Not sure if the other $50 is the cost of fallout or not.

Weird ads as always.
Yeah I'm looking at those too. I'm not sure I understand the TIV. I'd like to trade in my 500GB X1 and get a 1TB drive.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Member
Jul 8, 2009
223 posts
36 upvotes
toronto1979 wrote: Yeah I'm looking at those too. I'm not sure I understand the TIV. I'd like to trade in my 500GB X1 and get a 1TB drive.

I'm assuming to "upgrade" to the 1tb model it will be 100 dollars as it is 50$ more expensive than the 500gb model.

One thing to note, they may be basing the price on a refurb model, if RFD is interested I can go to EB on my way home to confirm.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
toronto1979 wrote: Yeah I'm looking at those too. I'm not sure I understand the TIV. I'd like to trade in my 500GB X1 and get a 1TB drive.
I'm holding out hope that Microsoft has a trade in deal towards the XBox One Slims... 40% smaller, 2TB HDD, slight improvements to the controller...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10275 posts
2872 upvotes
Trade in any eligible hardware towards the purchase of a new Xbox One

Trade in any eligible hardware towards the purchase of a new Xbox One and receive $50 off the console plus the trade value!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2011
1099 posts
350 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Brainy142 wrote: I'm assuming to "upgrade" to the 1tb model it will be 100 dollars as it is 50$ more expensive than the 500gb model.

One thing to note, they may be basing the price on a refurb model, if RFD is interested I can go to EB on my way home to confirm.
$100 I would be fine with for one of Tomb Raider or Division + Fallout 4 + 500GB of additional space.

2 Games and a hardware upgrade? Worth it.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
toronto1979 wrote: $100 I would be fine with for one of Tomb Raider or Division + Fallout 4 + 500GB of additional space.

2 Games and a hardware upgrade? Worth it.
Agreed... definitely worth it. Plus, if you have the old style controllers, the new ones are an upgrade too. Headphone jack + better shoulder buttons.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10275 posts
2872 upvotes
they have 2 promos listed, one is get 250$ towards a new xbox one with trade in of a PS4 or xbox one, and then another promo says a 50$ bonus, so that would be 300$ in trade in credit, the 1tb with the division and fallout 4 is showing at 399 after a 50$ discount online, so its unclear if its a further 50$ discount, so 99 total price, or 149 total price.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10275 posts
2872 upvotes
i just called, to get the 1TB with fallout and the division would cost 149$ after trade in.

Anyone know how much the kinect is worth in a trade in?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2008
1340 posts
698 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: they have 2 promos listed, one is get 250$ towards a new xbox one with trade in of a PS4 or xbox one, and then another promo says a 50$ bonus, so that would be 300$ in trade in credit, the 1tb with the division and fallout 4 is showing at 399 after a 50$ discount online, so its unclear if its a further 50$ discount, so 99 total price, or 149 total price.
I think that one would be $99 total price. Under recycled offers, it shows the Quantum Break bundle, and the fine print says "Advertised XB1 for $49.99 is a bundle priced at $349.99 after a trade of a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and the $50 discount." and that bundle is $349.99 right now.

EDIT: Just saw your second post. Doesn't that contradict this math??
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
rocking23nf wrote: i just called, to get the 1TB with fallout and the division would cost 149$ after trade in.

Anyone know how much the kinect is worth in a trade in?
Darn... ok, not so hot anymore, especially since I scored a free Fallout download yesterday.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2011
1099 posts
350 upvotes
OAKVILLE
rocking23nf wrote: they have 2 promos listed, one is get 250$ towards a new xbox one with trade in of a PS4 or xbox one, and then another promo says a 50$ bonus, so that would be 300$ in trade in credit, the 1tb with the division and fallout 4 is showing at 399 after a 50$ discount online, so its unclear if its a further 50$ discount, so 99 total price, or 149 total price.
Ahh so the $49.99 console is just the basic bare bones refurbished 500GB one. Why would anyone trade it their 500GB edition for the same product and basically just give $50 away?

Since the TIV is $250:
The 2 game package is $399 minus a $50 discount bringing in it down to $349. It would cost $100 for the 2 games.
The 1TB edition is $449 - $50 bringing it do to $399. It would cost $150 for the 2 games and the HD space.

Cold.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10275 posts
2872 upvotes
yeah too bad, i would have jumped on this for 100$, maybe someone else can try another store to confirm.
Member
Jul 8, 2009
223 posts
36 upvotes
toronto1979 wrote: Ahh so the $49.99 console is just the basic bare bones refurbished 500GB one. Why would anyone trade it their 500GB edition for the same product and basically just give $50 away?

Since the TIV is $250:
The 2 game package is $399 minus a $50 discount bringing in it down to $349. It would cost $100 for the 2 games.
The 1TB edition is $449 - $50 bringing it do to $399. It would cost $150 for the 2 games and the HD space.

Cold.
If you look on the page the refurb xbox one is the same price as a new one...

Let me go into our local EB on the way home, assuming the guy I know is working there today he should be able to clarify the exact information.

Top