Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Xbox One 500GB Console - Refurbished + Free Thumb Grips - $ 179.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 9:45 pm
Mar 8, 2015
925 posts
4271 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[EB Games] Xbox One 500GB Console - Refurbished + Free Thumb Grips - $ 179.99

Got this offer in email, It is a platinum edged price.
Free Thumb Grips with this purchase.
Images
  • 1-190521.jpg
  • 1min.jpg
If one person finds my post useful, I consider it as a job well done....
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Honestly there is zero point in buying this when Microsoft has sold a *new* 1 TB Xbox One S for $229.99 at multiple points, meaning they for sure will again (or even cheaper who knows at this point). Last time they did it even came with a bunch of paid Minecraft stuff, and even if that isn't your cup of tea the extra $50 for:

a) new
b) warranty
c) extra space
d) a device capable of playing/streaming 4k content, HDR support

Is definitely worth it
Jul 10, 2018
216 posts
276 upvotes
Lol it's the Xbox that everyone traded in to get a Xbox one s or x.

Glad I traded mine in. Got it for 50$. Definitely don't buy the original generation Xbox.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
This mensch summarizes the difference between the OG Xbone and Xbox X.
redflagdealsguy wrote: So it looks like I was wrong, the Xbox X is even more powerful than I claimed.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6456482/

Source 2: https://old.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUND ... _my_buddy/

This is nearly a next generation jump from the OG Xbox One. Under Source 2, you'll see a top-down comparison between the Xbox X and OG Xbox One and relevant discussion.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
I feel like I might've killed this deal with my last post... but at this price, I'd buy it for tweens... no more.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
redflagdealsguy wrote: I feel like I might've killed this deal with my last post... but at this price, I'd buy it for tweens... no more.
It would still be a complete waste of money.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: It would still be a complete waste of money.
Tough crowd.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12064 upvotes
Toronto
MikeA92094 wrote: Lol it's the Xbox that everyone traded in to get a Xbox one s or x.

Glad I traded mine in. Got it for 50$. Definitely don't buy the original generation Xbox.
I wouldn't be surprised if the TIV is $50 for an OG on a normal day. Nobody wants them anymore, it's a huge brick.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
redflagdealsguy wrote: Tough crowd.
I mean I'm not really sure what you want? This is objectively a bad deal and I wouldn't even consider one of these at this point unless it was $100 or less. They may be "refurbished" by the hell would anyone sink $180+tax into a possibly 5-year old console (where you have no idea how the previous owner treated it) that only has 500 GB of internal memory? It's not even a good price for the "tweens".
Feb 26, 2017
616 posts
437 upvotes
Angultra wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the TIV is $50 for an OG on a normal day. Nobody wants them anymore, it's a huge brick.
I’d love to unload my S, Ebgames won’t even buy those unless it’s a song.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: I mean I'm not really sure what you want? This is objectively a bad deal and I wouldn't even consider one of these at this point unless it was $100 or less. They may be "refurbished" by the hell would anyone sink $180+tax into a possibly 5-year old console (where you have no idea how the previous owner treated it) that only has 500 GB of internal memory? It's not even a good price for the "tweens".
Fair enough. I figured someone would want them, but the OG Xbone is a beast.

Perhaps $99 is a fair price... given it still plays modern games.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Angultra wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the TIV is $50 for an OG on a normal day. Nobody wants them anymore, it's a huge brick.
This is correct and that's why I'm surprised $180 (and only if you have a Platinum card) is still the lowest they'll go on selling these considering again, Microsoft has offered a 1 TB One S for $230 multiple times.

As per the current promo going on for trading towards a One S or a One X they're down to $120 TIV with whatever boost they get.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
I had an og Xbox one, now I have the x. Honestly I know it’s more expensive but it’s so much better and many games are pretty much unplayable (for those sensitive to FPS drops) on the base system these days. The x also allows for many Xbox 360 games to be rendered at or near 4K with a locked frame rate, for example ninja gaiden 2 had its resolution bumped up by 8 times and runs at a solid 60 FPS at all times on the x.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37129 upvotes
KevinC268 wrote: I had an og Xbox one, now I have the x. Honestly I know it’s more expensive but it’s so much better and many games are pretty much unplayable (for those sensitive to FPS drops) on the base system these days. The x also allows for many Xbox 360 games to be rendered at or near 4K with a locked frame rate, for example ninja gaiden 2 had its resolution bumped up by 8 times and runs at a solid 60 FPS at all times on the x.
Amen to that. Dare I say, the Xbox X is a necessary piece of hardware for any 4K TV Gaming theater. The PS4 Pro is there for the exclusives, but the muddy screen door and upscaling is a turn off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: Honestly there is zero point in buying this when Microsoft has sold a *new* 1 TB Xbox One S for $229.99 at multiple points, meaning they for sure will again (or even cheaper who knows at this point). Last time they did it even came with a bunch of paid Minecraft stuff, and even if that isn't your cup of tea the extra $50 for:

a) new
b) warranty
c) extra space
d) a device capable of playing/streaming 4k content, HDR support

Is definitely worth it
...but but the thumb grips.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
WL1980 wrote:
...but but the thumb grips.
They give away the thumb grips with console purchases all the time. I have 6 sets Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 10, 2013
57 posts
131 upvotes
Surrey
this is a terrible deal
this site gets me to buy things I don't really need lol
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1341 posts
3855 upvotes
Canada
WL1980 wrote: ...but but the thumb grips.
EBG gives out thumb grips with all new XB and PS hardware currently.

This has been the trend for nearly 2 years now.
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
I would hold off buying any consoles until the new systems come out in 12 months, unless there's an exclusive game out there that you really want to play.

I bought a PS4 during the Spiderman bundle sale purely for God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2, Spiderman ended up just being a bonus. I don't see any other exclusives on the consoles that are appealing.

As others have said though, the Xbox One S adds some basic AA to smooth jaggies, but otherwise the FPS performance is identical.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)