• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Oct 17, 2010
824 posts
438 upvotes
Edmonton
SnoopRock wrote: So you didn't have to give up the kinect sensor when you traded in your console?
I didn't have a Kinect sensor.
420 wrote: Do they need the hdmi cable too for the trade-in?
No hdmi was requested.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2017
10 posts
9 upvotes
Just traded in my OG Xbox for the Xbox One S. Realized I forgot to take out the 'play and charge' rechargeable battery from the old controller though... ugh
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
Just traded mine in. No HDMI required. They didn’t even plug in my console to test it.

Thanks OP
adamm
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3229 posts
573 upvotes
GTA
I'm gonna trade mine in tomorrow and eventually toward the new x
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2259 posts
1547 upvotes
Calgary
Would be all over this if you could get a different bundle but it looks like the Halo/GoW one is cheaper than the rest which is probably why it’s the one they are doing. Already have all of those games so little point (beyond the system upgrade of course).
May 1, 2011
145 posts
59 upvotes
Can anyone who has done a console transfer already confirm that my game data is saved to the cloud? So I simply have to log in on the new Xbox and still have the same in-game loot.

I play a ton of overwatch and I'm worried about all my data/skins being lost.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
jarfgames wrote: Would be all over this if you could get a different bundle but it looks like the Halo/GoW one is cheaper than the rest which is probably why it’s the one they are doing. Already have all of those games so little point (beyond the system upgrade of course).
I’m in the same boat. I have the physical discs of halo 5 and GoW. Gonna try to sell the physical discs to make back some money.
adamm
May 14, 2006
421 posts
22 upvotes
Can I trade an OG Xbox for a ps slim?
Dec 28, 2006
914 posts
413 upvotes
Hot deal if it is the Gears/halo bundle....is it also 1tb system? That would make it awesome.
I did the trade in for my OG xbox1 console on black friday for $49.99, but they only gave the 500gb xbox one S.
I would have gladly paid an extra $30 for Gears 4 and 500 more gbs.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5013 posts
996 upvotes
Montreal
If I were to do this trade in, will my current Kinect work with Xbox S? Is the S console has much better hardware and is hence much faster?
Oct 17, 2010
824 posts
438 upvotes
Edmonton
swaghunter wrote: Hot deal if it is the Gears/halo bundle....is it also 1tb system? That would make it awesome.
I did the trade in for my OG xbox1 console on black friday for $49.99, but they only gave the 500gb xbox one S.
I would have gladly paid an extra $30 for Gears 4 and 500 more gbs.
I got the 500GB console.
Nov 20, 2013
84 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cn_habs wrote: If I were to do this trade in, will my current Kinect work with Xbox S? Is the S console has much better hardware and is hence much faster?
The Kinect needs an adapter in order to work with the S. Microsoft ran a promotion that ended in March where if you upgraded from the OG to the S they'd send you a free adapter, and some of us have successfully asked customer service to send us free adapters after March, but that's really YMMV.

I think the biggest differences would be that it's a 4K UHD Blu-ray player, supports HDR, it's 40% smaller, the power brick is built in, and you'd be getting a new warranty/less old system. I thought the upgrade was worth it when I did it earlier this year, but my OG was refurbished and the new S feels like it runs more smoothly.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
FYI, the bundle comes with 2 physical games (Halo 5 and Gears of War 4) and 2 digital downloads (Gears of War Ultimate Edition and Halo The Master Chief Collection) and 1 month free of Xbox Game Pass.

So if you’re in the same boat as me and you already have these games, you can try to resell the physical games to recoup some of the money paid for the trade in.
adamm
Dec 23, 2006
305 posts
21 upvotes
Traded my 1TB but they would only give the 500GB in return. They required a HDMI cable which I did not have so they took it out of the new system instead.

Worked out well all and all.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
Is anyone else hearing loud hissing noises from the Xbox One S? Pretty sure it’s the internal HDD, but it’s super loud. Louder than my old Xbox One for sure.
adamm
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3004 posts
505 upvotes
Alberta
Picked one up today, no grief at all. Easy upgrade from my original PS4.
Nov 18, 2017
223 posts
87 upvotes
Might end up with a profit if it includes games and ebgames has good trade in deals. The network speeds on the S are much better than on the OG
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like I got a defective fan in my XBOX One S Confused Face I hear the same sound as in the video. Anyone else have this problem too?
adamm