Boxing Day 2017 Deals

Xbox One S $79.99 with OG Xbox One or PS4 Trade-In

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 2:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1533 posts
324 upvotes
Whitby
Both of my Xbox S’s are super quiet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
Eb games exchanged my (loud) Xbox One S without hassle. The new one is much quieter! The 2nd box came with 4 digital downloads but the first one I got came with 2 physical games and 2 digital downloads. I requested to swap the digital downloads from the 2nd box for the physical games from the first and they were nice enough to do it. It will be easier to resell them.
adamm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3229 posts
573 upvotes
GTA
I got the exchange done today and almost managed to get the xbox one s with ac origins till one of the guys co-workers stopped him right before he handed it to me. Instead got the regular 2 physical copies and 2 digital downloads for gears of war and halo
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
jarko wrote: till one of the guys co-workers stopped him right before he handed it to me
bastards!
adamm
Member
Jul 14, 2009
347 posts
32 upvotes
Would I be able to trade my xbox 360 for this if I paid a bit more?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
2065 posts
971 upvotes
Montreal
I traded in PS4 fat for PS4 slim in Dec 2016. The store receipt included PSN Plus 12 month subscription code on it. At the time, I asked and was told it was a 12 month sub code like any other. I was already subbed to Jan 2018 at the time so I decided not to redeem yet. I wasn't gaming as much and I figured I could sell/gift it to someone should I find that I'm not interested in renewing when the time comes. I did test it by entering on PSN store website and see that it was recognized as a PSN Plus 12 month sub.

I tried to redeem it today and it's not working. It looks like it may have had an expiry of 12 months. Although there's no indication of that on the receipt nor do I remember that being specified during the promo. I don't believe PSN Plus 12 month sub codes expire in general.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this and what you guys think my options are at this point... contact Sony? EB? SOL?
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2008
930 posts
191 upvotes
Mississauga
Will wait for a decent trade in deal on one x. I just don't see a major reason to upgrade from a regular ps4. I got a few digital downloads as well and psn + subscription that I would lose out on.
Newbie
Nov 10, 2013
75 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
Exchanged original xbone plus kinetic, got Xbox one s bundle (4 games mentioned in thread). Came to about $90 Inc tax. But I traded in the kinect for $5 plus two games that they bumped up in value towards the trade. So all in came to $30. Not bad!

Question: I forgot to format or do anything profile-wise to my first Xbox One before exchanging it. Am I good to just change my Microsoft password on my Pc which will then lock out anyone who tries to access my Xbox profile on the exchanged console and any digital games I own?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2008
3367 posts
713 upvotes
Toronto
mtl-D wrote: I traded in PS4 fat for PS4 slim in Dec 2016. The store receipt included PSN Plus 12 month subscription code on it. At the time, I asked and was told it was a 12 month sub code like any other. I was already subbed to Jan 2018 at the time so I decided not to redeem yet. I wasn't gaming as much and I figured I could sell/gift it to someone should I find that I'm not interested in renewing when the time comes. I did test it by entering on PSN store website and see that it was recognized as a PSN Plus 12 month sub.

I tried to redeem it today and it's not working. It looks like it may have had an expiry of 12 months. Although there's no indication of that on the receipt nor do I remember that being specified during the promo. I don't believe PSN Plus 12 month sub codes expire in general.

Wondering if anyone has experience with this and what you guys think my options are at this point... contact Sony? EB? SOL?
I would contact Sony as I had issues with some codes expiring and they came through but took a lot of back and forth unfortunately
Newbie
Nov 10, 2013
75 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
Set up my new Xbox one s and it has a faint but very noticeable chirping noise. Kind of like crickets at night. Anyone heard of this issue?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
playerhayter wrote: Set up my new Xbox one s and it has a faint but very noticeable chirping noise. Kind of like crickets at night. Anyone heard of this issue?
Yes. I had the same problem when I traded my Xbox a few days ago. It was driving me nuts! I was able to bring the X1S back to EBGames for a new one.
adamm wrote: Is anyone else hearing loud hissing noises from the Xbox One S? Pretty sure it’s the internal HDD, but it’s super loud. Louder than my old Xbox One for sure.
adamm wrote: Looks like I got a defective fan in my XBOX One S Confused Face I hear the same sound as in the video. Anyone else have this problem too?
adamm wrote: Eb games exchanged my (loud) Xbox One S without hassle. The new one is much quieter!
adamm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2010
2198 posts
675 upvotes
Edmonton
mrdependent wrote: Would I be able to trade my xbox 360 for this if I paid a bit more?
You definitely can. It would be around $240 instead of $80.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
Andrew765 wrote: You definitely can. It would be around $240 instead of $80.
The normal bundle price is $249 for the X1S. So you’re saying he would get $10 for his Xbox 360?
adamm
Temp. Banned
User avatar
Sep 15, 2014
2461 posts
1244 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Hoping to trade in my OG Xbone for a X still..
Sigh.
I may be waiting for a while..

I don't see the benefit of trading up to the S.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2010
2198 posts
675 upvotes
Edmonton
adamm wrote: The normal bundle price is $249 for the X1S. So you’re saying he would get $10 for his Xbox 360?
Correct

Top