Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4036 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto
Superman_2099 wrote: Where does it say you can return an opened item in 30 days?
Sorry it doesn't say that.

The item has to be unopened, however upgrading a manger might make an exception otherwise has to be unopened
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
subaru1 wrote: I have a Xbox one x and a one s, In my personal experience I’ve no issues playing a 4K blue ray disks. Looks great on both my TVs
bobitto wrote: Same here. I have 75x900F Sony and also had UB820. Yes Panasonic was picture great, but had its own issues. I bought it used for $200, but I wouldn't pay the full price for it. X box X provides nice picture as well. Yesterday I tried Valerian 4K and the quality was 4.5/5.
I own an XB1X and an XB1S, and never tried a 4K bluray disc before.
I have both systems hooked up to 4K HDR/Dolby Vision tvs, and the XB1X is hooked up to a Dolby Atmos audio receiver system.
So I wanna try 4K bluray discs now. Does XB1X properly decode Dolby TrueHD audio with Atmos from the disc? And properly displays 4K HDR and Dolby Vision from disc?
Oct 13, 2009
40 posts
16 upvotes
Saskatoon, Sk
No stock in Saskatoon.

Was gonna trade my old xbox one and a ps4 controller in, haha
Nov 3, 2012
32 posts
17 upvotes
swaghunter wrote: I own an XB1X and an XB1S, and never tried a 4K bluray disc before.
I have both systems hooked up to 4K HDR/Dolby Vision tvs, and the XB1X is hooked up to a Dolby Atmos audio receiver system.
So I wanna try 4K bluray discs now. Does XB1X properly decode Dolby TrueHD audio with Atmos from the disc? And properly displays 4K HDR and Dolby Vision from disc?
I could be complete wrong about this but I think you have to purchase the Dolby atmos audio app in the Xbox app store to be able to use Dolby audio and video. A free trial is available for 7 days
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
najibs wrote: Honestly, it aint that good for 4k UHD disks. If anything my regular 1080p blu-rays look way better on my Panasonic UB820 than the 4k UHD disks look on the Xbox. It will play them, but that doesn't mean it's good. When comparing 4k discs with my UB820, it's not even close. It blows away the xbox in sharpness, detail and overall picture. If your TV is a potato, like a cheap Hisense or 4-series TCL, don't even bother with 4K UHD. It only starts to be noticeable with 6-series TCL's, P-series Vizio's, QLED, OLED....
when did you do your comparison test ? The xbox one originally did have incorrect colourspace for uhd playback but it was fixed by microsoft in a firmware release. If you have a look at this comparision (mind you its a sony uhd side by side) the difference is negligable.
May 16, 2006
38 posts
23 upvotes
Brantford
Just picked up the last Xbox X from EB game Clarkson Mississauga, there was a bit of dust on the box.
CD disk in it. X21-82053-01.

After getting the Costco 58" 4K TV, this is the perfect upgrade for my gaming!
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21465 posts
4880 upvotes
YUL
discoblues wrote: when did you do your comparison test ? The xbox one originally did have incorrect colourspace for uhd playback but it was fixed by microsoft in a firmware release. If you have a look at this comparision (mind you its a sony uhd side by side) the difference is negligable.
You're comparing picture quality by looking at someone's screen through your screen? lol. If an Xbox was as good as a standalone blu-ray player, then no one would be buying blu-ray players. Go read up about Panasonic's processing for their 4K UHD players. GO look at a live demo in a store and compare side by side.
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
najibs wrote: You're comparing picture quality by looking at someone's screen through your screen? lol. If an Xbox was as good as a standalone blu-ray player, then no one would be buying blu-ray players. Go read up about Panasonic's processing for their 4K UHD players. GO look at a live demo in a store and compare side by side.
I have not done a side by side comparison, but the youtube guy has and I'm taking his word for it. I merely suggested that Microsoft originally had the colorspace wrong and they fixed it.

And consoles can indeed make excellent players amongst av nerds.

-original ps3 for the longest time was considered the best bluray player bar none. Check the numerous avsforum threads from enthusiasts and their findings.

-to this day the original ps1 is considered a sought after item amongst audiophiles because of its excellent music cd player/dac
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
undacova wrote: The warranty online goes by the manufacturing date as they assume the console will sell within a month or two but since this is clearance you will need to send them proof of purchase and they should update the warranty

Yes I did this with a laptop I bought from Microsoft that had the incorrect warranty info and they updated with my receipt
Is there a web portal to check warranty on the system? If so do you have a link?

Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8668 posts
10270 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
najibs wrote: You're comparing picture quality by looking at someone's screen through your screen? lol. If an Xbox was as good as a standalone blu-ray player, then no one would be buying blu-ray players. Go read up about Panasonic's processing for their 4K UHD players. GO look at a live demo in a store and compare side by side.
What kind of stupid logic is this? jfc
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1508 posts
1634 upvotes
Toronto
bobitto wrote: Same here. I have 75x900F Sony and also had UB820. Yes Panasonic was picture great, but had its own issues. I bought it used for $200, but I wouldn't pay the full price for it. X box X provides nice picture as well. Yesterday I tried Valerian 4K and the quality was 4.5/5.
The main advantage a dedicated 4k player has over an Xbox One S/X or most probably the future PS5 is that they have dual HDMI out for dedicated video and audio (HDMI video directly to the TV and HDMI Audio directly to the AVR) for those that have perfectly good AVR's but dont support all the video out formats (Dolby Vision is the main one, HDR even) but have all audio options (Atmos, DTS:X). Those dedicated player HDMI ports are a saving grace for many who would otherwise loose out on the visuals, forced to buy another potentially expensive AVR, or have to get a HD Fury AVR Key and hope for the best in terms it all goes well using it (and those AVR Keys are not really cheap, 200-250).

Dedicated players visual quality is debatable at this point but can have an uptick in visuals due to better processing and HDR image improvements, but in all honesty, negligible here.
Sep 9, 2006
82 posts
70 upvotes
Calgary
subaru1 wrote: I could be complete wrong about this but I think you have to purchase the Dolby atmos audio app in the Xbox app store to be able to use Dolby audio and video. A free trial is available for 7 days
It will work with HDR/DV without doing anything special, assuming you've got a compatible TV and receiver. For audio you download the Dolby access app which will lead you through enabling it for your home theatre. Using Atmos with a home theatre is free. You only pay for adding in atmos decoding for stereo headphones.
-------------------------
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1508 posts
1634 upvotes
Toronto
Lleviathan wrote: It will work with HDR/DV without doing anything special, assuming you've got a compatible TV and receiver. For audio you download the Dolby access app which will lead you through enabling it for your home theatre. Using Atmos with a home theatre is free. You only pay for adding in atmos decoding for stereo headphones.
Also make sure your TV is on the Xbox Dolby Vision compatibility list. Basically most tvs that are Dolby Vision 60Hz are fine. If you have a display that does Dolby Vision at 30Hz, it will not work for the Xbox One S/X.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
subaru1 wrote: I could be complete wrong about this but I think you have to purchase the Dolby atmos audio app in the Xbox app store to be able to use Dolby audio and video. A free trial is available for 7 days
I think the Dolby Atmos app on XBOX is for headphone use, the $18 one?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3145 posts
1486 upvotes
It is fair to say worst game launch ever but set aside the lies and pre-release fake hype and stability issues and discuss playing the game based on January 2020 code... It's fun, not as good as fallout 4 in some ways but better than fallout 4 in other ways. If you like Fallout 4 you will like this game, unless you just hate online games on principle. The criticisms about "no human NPCs" is one of the stupidest game criticisms I've ever heard. Seriously stupid.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)