[EB Games] Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20769 posts
3116 upvotes
YUL
junglemage666 wrote: definitely a great upgrade from S to X. When I made the jump, I noticed not only better graphics, but much smoother gameplay.
Well ya, the X is 60hz, meanwhile the S is 30hz.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20769 posts
3116 upvotes
YUL
smuPoker wrote: I feel like I want this just for the 4K disc player, but then I'd have to start buying 4k discs, and I can't even remember the last time I bought a blu-ray.
Honestly, it aint that good for 4k UHD disks. If anything my regular 1080p blu-rays look way better on my Panasonic UB820 than the 4k UHD disks look on the Xbox. It will play them, but that doesn't mean it's good. When comparing 4k discs with my UB820, it's not even close. It blows away the xbox in sharpness, detail and overall picture. If your TV is a potato, like a cheap Hisense or 4-series TCL, don't even bother with 4K UHD. It only starts to be noticeable with 6-series TCL's, P-series Vizio's, QLED, OLED....
Jun 13, 2019
162 posts
398 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: Would be hot without Fallout 76.

Why do they put trash in console boxes now. Whats next old Mcdonalds cups and dirty napkins ?
The fact that Fallout is in these boxes is probably why they went on sale. They weren't moving any of the inventory so had to get ride of it.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11452 posts
2896 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: It's actually $130 + tax credit for the One S 500 GB, 1 TB is $140. Not a significant difference, but you would only be paying $169.99 + tax for the One X.

At this point I don't think there's any way you'd get $150 for it unless you included games, which EB doesn't require you to do of course.
Where'd you get the values? On their website EB Games says $122.50 trade in value for the 1 TB and there is no TIV listed for the 500 GB... if I was to do the trade in, though, would I just take the X with me, return it and say I want to trade my S towards it? And obviously I'd already have to have it all backed up? No? How do I do that, if I am trading it in and buying the X at the same time?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3247 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: Where'd you get the values? On their website EB Games says $122.50 trade in value for the 1 TB and there is no TIV listed for the 500 GB... if I was to do the trade in, though, would I just take the X with me, return it and say I want to trade my S towards it? And obviously I'd already have to have it all backed up? No? How do I do that, if I am trading it in and buying the X at the same time?
They added a trade portal which shows values daily.

https://www.ebgames.ca/tradevalues

Check your system there I saw the 500gb Xbox one s go for $130
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11452 posts
2896 upvotes
undacova wrote: They added a trade portal which shows values daily.

Oh ok, saw that, thought it was only for games...
Nice!

Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2018 posts
1472 upvotes
Fredericton
najibs wrote: Honestly, it aint that good for 4k UHD disks. If anything my regular 1080p blu-rays look way better on my Panasonic UB820 than the 4k UHD disks look on the Xbox. It will play them, but that doesn't mean it's good. When comparing 4k discs with my UB820, it's not even close. It blows away the xbox in sharpness, detail and overall picture. If your TV is a potato, like a cheap Hisense or 4-series TCL, don't even bother with 4K UHD. It only starts to be noticeable with 6-series TCL's, P-series Vizio's, QLED, OLED....
Fair enough. I have a KS8000. But yeah, I'm passing. I'd rather hoard $300+tax toward a PS5.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2794 posts
963 upvotes
Toronto, ON
undacova wrote: They added a trade portal which shows values daily.

I just bought xbox one s for 269 in EB games, not yet a month old, and trade in value is just $140. Unfortunately I cannot return it as it passed the 14-day return period for console
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3247 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
boldventure wrote: I just bought xbox one s for 269 in EB games, not yet a month old, and trade in value is just $140. Unfortunately I cannot return it as it passed the 14-day return period for console
I think ebgames return is 30 days not 14
Oct 11, 2013
56 posts
86 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
if anyone is considering one of these as a decent 4k blu ray player - don't. It's trash and the app has tons of issues. After all it's an MS product...
Last edited by pdogg93 on Jan 22nd, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11452 posts
2896 upvotes
boldventure wrote: I just bought xbox one s for 269 in EB games, not yet a month old, and trade in value is just $140. Unfortunately I cannot return it as it passed the 14-day return period for console
But do you have an XBOX ONE X to pick up instead?
undacova wrote: I think ebgames return is 30 days not 14
Even if it's opened and used you can return it?

Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3247 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: But do you have an XBOX ONE X to pick up instead? Even if it's opened and used you can return it?
Oh yea once it's opened EB Games wipes their hands clean of it.

Maybe if you have a good manager at your location they might let you upgrade if they still have stock but it is very rare unfortunately
Nov 7, 2017
560 posts
438 upvotes
My Microsoft account says the warranty for xbox ended 30 Dec 2019. How come, if I bought it yesterday. Is it normal? The salesguy offered me their own warranty but I refused.
Oct 16, 2005
997 posts
502 upvotes
bobitto wrote: My Microsoft account says the warranty for xbox ended 30 Dec 2019. How come, if I bought it yesterday. Is it normal? The salesguy offered me their own warranty but I refused.
Call Microsoft and let them know you just purchased. They should change it no problem.

EDIT: May require proof of purchase