Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Feb 24, 2008
52 posts
110 upvotes
Bradford
waven101 wrote: 299 for next gen? you mean like 2 to 3 times the price. if you can find one at shoppers then that's probably your best bet, pre orders will be booked for Christmas so doubt it. you might even get some trade in offers for the next gen.
I would rather have the xbox one x in my entertainment center with a ps5 as I don't want that square looking box and have very limited space to put both.
Funny, I'm actually the other way around. I love the simple look of the new xbox. Looks like a small version of my desktop pc. For myself I'm holding off on any next gen for a while, as most games will be on both gen systems. Once they work out the kinks I'll consider. For $299 this is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1081 posts
2811 upvotes
New Brunswick
They already confirmed the Series X won’t have any console exclusives for at least the first few years. I’d say if you don’t absolutely need the best-of-the-best, this deal could last you a while
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18455 posts
5305 upvotes
Mine says 7015B. Not going to bother swapping it though. Too many headaches transferring games and I don't want to have to download 1 TB to another HDD. I can wait til the new machines are out.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
18455 posts
5305 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: That’s cool and all but save your money and invest the $299 in next gen... the next 10yrs of your life instead of a system that’ll be expired in a year. Xbox ain’t Sony or Nintendo that has a long life span.
You forget that Xbox is M$ which does have a long lifespan and very deep pockets. I've been using their hardware since the first Xbox. Sony, I used to love as a company, especially for their TVs under Akio Morita. Now though, I can't name an exec in that company and their TVs are way down on the list of gear I'd purchase. How the mighty have fallen...
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11512 posts
2939 upvotes
Got the last 2 with digital copy at argyle Mall in London.
One for me, one for brother. Not sure though if I'll keep it. Have the S, if I can sell the S for a little bit then the upgrade is worth it for me.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3299 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: Got the last 2 with digital copy at argyle Mall in London.
One for me, one for brother. Not sure though if I'll keep it. Have the S, if I can sell the S for a little bit then the upgrade is worth it for me.
Did yours have the fallout 76 sleeve on the box or was it the simple box with the white Xbox only and no mention of fallout 76?
Nov 4, 2010
178 posts
146 upvotes
Canada
Called in Edmonton, was told ALL stored do not have it... silver lining is he couldn't access the St Albert and Leduc stores, so they are worth a call atleast. Good luck y'all!
Jan 1, 2010
429 posts
406 upvotes
I am kinda tempted by this deal.

But aside from Gears and Halo I can't think of any other games I want to play.
Nov 29, 2018
80 posts
163 upvotes
Called the local EB on a whim and they had one left. Now I get to goof around with it til the next consoles come out and it will probably still retain some solid trade in value. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11512 posts
2939 upvotes
undacova wrote: Did yours have the fallout 76 sleeve on the box or was it the simple box with the white Xbox only and no mention of fallout 76?
No sleeve. White box, download code printed out on receipt. Is it different that the posted one?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3299 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: No sleeve. White box, download code printed out on receipt. Is it different that the posted one?
Your download code was printed on the receipt?

There are two versions not sure which is which but apparently one has the physical version inside the box. I thought the digital code was inside the box. Interesting
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
1971 posts
294 upvotes
Ottawa
DougO wrote: The Pro is very noisy just to let you know. Mine sounds like a jet taking off. The Xbox X is dead quiet even on graphics intensive games like Red Dead Redemption 2. Hopefully the PS5 has a better cooling system so as to render it much less noisy...
Like I said I had a look at the games and the only game I could see myself playing was FF15 which I could play on my PC (although I rarely play PC games since I have to boot into windows). So far my Switch has been my main gaming machine, but there's a few exclusive jRPGs for the PS4 I'd like to check out eventually
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
ninja_warrior wrote: I am kinda tempted by this deal.
Yeah, but there doesn't seem to be any stock anywhere , so you're SOL.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1225 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
If anyone is in the market, I'd say this is a solid deal. Among the current gen consoles I own, the One Xs get the most overall use probably.
I got my first one for 299$ with the Xbox 1S trade-in deal a couple years back, then grabbed an extra one during the Brick clearout for 249$. LAN co-op is great lol and they work amazingly as media centers too (streaming apps/Plex/etc).
jorda13456 wrote: Shit console and shit deal
Jan 25, 2006
790 posts
166 upvotes
Nova Scotia
BranCracker wrote: They already confirmed the Series X won’t have any console exclusives for at least the first few years. I’d say if you don’t absolutely need the best-of-the-best, this deal could last you a while
I believe they are referring to exclusive to the Series X but a PC will also be able to play titles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)