Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] Xbox One X Fallout 76 white system $299.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2020 6:16 am
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11500 posts
2932 upvotes
undacova wrote: Your download code was printed on the receipt?

There are two versions not sure which is which but apparently one has the physical version inside the box. I thought the digital code was inside the box. Interesting
Yes I asked about that thinking there would be a code card inside. But she said no. I wouldn't be able to confirm until I knew for sure I'm keeping it. She said it can be returned as long as it's unopened.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 1, 2010
429 posts
406 upvotes
najibs wrote: Yeah, but there doesn't seem to be any stock anywhere , so you're SOL.
Not really, some people were selling the ones they bought at cost earlier in the thread.

So technically, I could get one if I really wanted it.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3295 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: Yes I asked about that thinking there would be a code card inside. But she said no. I wouldn't be able to confirm until I knew for sure I'm keeping it. She said it can be returned as long as it's unopened.
But you said above the code was on your receipt?

So was it a card inside the box or your actual eb games reciept?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11500 posts
2932 upvotes
undacova wrote: But you said above the code was on your receipt?

So was it a card inside the box or your actual eb games reciept?
As I said it's on the receipt but it's generated at the time of sale, linked to the consoles serial number. But I wondered if there is another code inside on a card.

Nov 24, 2019
177 posts
322 upvotes
Saskatoon
ES_Revenge wrote: :lol: LOL what? Not sure you understand science too well there. What GPU(s) you think Series X is gonna have exactly? We know it's gonna be AMD and even two Navi 10 XTX in Crossfire couldn't do what you propose.

[Single]Navi 10 XTX is probably more than Series X is gonna have and that can't even get to 60FPS in 4K, so how the heck you gonna get 120FPS (assuming that's what you mean by "120Hz") in 4K? And 8K? lol...LMAO. 8K basically requires 4x what 4K does so good luck with getting even 8K at 24FPS.

Not only that, only 8K TVs can accept 4K 120Hz, and I don't think most Xbone buyers are also buying $7-30k TVs. Granted they might be gaming on monitor instead but 4K monitors with 120Hz capability ain't too cheap either. Let's get real here, consoles are not going to be catering to either HFR or crazy-res gaming.

Xbone X can't do 4K, let's not make any mistake here. It gets to "4K" by using scaling tricks for the most part and/or lower framerates. It's Ellesmere XTX level, at best. Series X is likely going to do true 4K at 30-45FPS, 60FPS with scaling tricks and/or reduced graphics settings. Not sure where you're getting "8K or 4K 120hz probably" from but that's downright laughable. Worse still is 8 ppl upvoted that :rolleyes:

All that said, $300 for Xbone X is a steal, but looks like it's not too easy to find one of these--pretty much all gone already. Congrats to those that got one at that price.
Well that's wrong, LG OLEDs are already able to do that, and there's more TVs coming that can accept it as well.
Feb 25, 2006
174 posts
137 upvotes
Calgary
Calgary doesn't have any Fallout systems but Marlboro might have 2 NBA
May 10, 2010
483 posts
772 upvotes
London
London, Masonville EB had a few of the White bundles in stock as of 12pm today.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11500 posts
2932 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: London, Masonville EB had a few of the White bundles in stock as of 12pm today.
Damn. I was there and didn't even check as I got 2 at argyle. Were they the download code or disc ones?

Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2548 posts
470 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: That’s cool and all but save your money and invest the $299 in next gen... the next 10yrs of your life instead of a system that’ll be expired in a year. Xbox ain’t Sony or Nintendo that has a long life span.
WUT? Xbox can play games from 19 years ago and currently (and most likely for the foreseeable future) has the most powerful hardware. What part of that isn’t a long life span?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2548 posts
470 upvotes
BranCracker wrote: They already confirmed the Series X won’t have any console exclusives for at least the first few years. I’d say if you don’t absolutely need the best-of-the-best, this deal could last you a while
Is this the fake news Sony fanboys are running with leading up to launch? No exclusives? Lol. They said all games will be backwards compatible (as they’ve always been) for the first while, not that their won’t be exclusives. MS bought 15 studios in the last few years, there will be a ton of first party titles for Xbox. Although they’ve been pretty good about sharing their exclusives like minecraft.
Nov 24, 2019
177 posts
322 upvotes
Saskatoon
DFS 360 wrote: Is this the fake news Sony fanboys are running with leading up to launch? No exclusives? Lol. They said all games will be backwards compatible (as they’ve always been) for the first while, not that their won’t be exclusives. MS bought 15 studios in the last few years, there will be a ton of first party titles for Xbox. Although they’ve been pretty good about sharing their exclusives like minecraft.
He's saying there wont be Series X exclusives for a year or two, which has been confirmed by Microsoft. There will be games exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem, but they will be on the older One X as well as the newer Series X, so not console exclusive. Which is specifically done to make the One X still a worthy purchase, it isn't gonna be obsolete a year or two from now.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2548 posts
470 upvotes
SaskCanesFan wrote: He's saying there wont be Series X exclusives for a year or two, which has been confirmed by Microsoft. There will be games exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem, but they will be on the older One X as well as the newer Series X, so not console exclusive. Which is specifically done to make the One X still a worthy purchase, it isn't gonna be obsolete a year or two from now.
Console exclusive indicates exclusive to a brand, not a console within a brand. He could’ve easily said no XSX-only exclusives. I’ve seen this narrative/positioning a lot on forums, seems to be the only thing Sony fanboy/marketers have to run with. It’s disinformation. Also, why wouldn’t you want backwards compatibility? The new consoles will still play games better than the old ones. If you mean things like AI and CPU based tasks, that’s somewhat true but the software needs to be improved more than the hardware. Game AI hasn’t really progressed for 10 years. The enemies in Halo 3 were smarter than any game I’ve played since.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2092 posts
220 upvotes
Summerland
Styleman wrote: As of late 2018, there was a new ps4 pro model/version that is cooler and much quieter.

PS4 Pro CUH-7200

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/11/ ... ts_quieter

I can confirm the claims, as I had a launch ps4 pro, and then I got this model later. It is extremely quiet.

Unless you get very unlucky, any new PS4 Pro you buy today should be the CUH-7200.

The box will tell you which model (this one was first only available in the RDR2 bundle, but now can be seen in every bundle since then) you have but if you are looking at the actual system the easiest way to tell is to examine the power cord.

The new model uses the exact same double prong power cord that the ps4 slim does, the old models use the bigger triple prong similar to what a desktop uses.
I have the newer model I just bought from Boxing Day. Playing Spider-Man on it, it can still get loud in certain sections of the game.
Nov 24, 2019
177 posts
322 upvotes
Saskatoon
DFS 360 wrote: Console exclusive indicates exclusive to a brand, not a console within a brand. He could’ve easily said no XSX-only exclusives. I’ve seen this narrative/positioning a lot on forums, seems to be the only thing Sony fanboy/marketers have to run with. It’s disinformation. Also, why wouldn’t you want backwards compatibility? The new consoles will still play games better than the old ones. If you mean things like AI and CPU based tasks, that’s somewhat true but the software needs to be improved more than the hardware. Game AI hasn’t really progressed for 10 years. The enemies in Halo 3 were smarter than any game I’ve played since.
A lot of people would say Console exclusive does indicate exclusive to a console. That's why the word matches. If you want to to talk about being exclusive to a brand, I'd go with Microsoft exclusive or Xbox exclusive. Regardless, you seem to be really caught up on misunderstanding what he said, it made sense to me.

And where are you getting it that I wouldn't want backwards compatibility? I never said that, and I do want backwards compatibility because I don't plan on upgrading my One X for 2+ years. The point is that Microsoft made a conscious decision to have early Series X games (Halo Infinite, etc) also released on the Xbox One, so not to piss off people who just paid for that console a few months ago. Its smart and pro consumer.
Jan 5, 2017
203 posts
140 upvotes
People are forgeting that the one X is for those that want the best looking graphics out of any console. I have a switch and a One X and any third party game I buy , will always be on the one X. Games at 4k look stunning. If you don't care about performance or graphics than you are better off with a regular xbox.

The next gen xbox will be priced towards the hard core gamers that are willing to pay top dollar to have a premium console with the best looking games. Because of the high price of next gen hardware, the one X will still be supported for many years or untill more people adopt the new consoles. No publisher will make an exclusive game for a console that has only sold a few million.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)