• Jan 21st, 2019 2:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1462 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto

[EB Games] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Essence of Art Edition $29.99

EB Games has Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Essence of Art Edition for $29.99. Don't know how long it's on sale though but if you're looking for the art book and game this is a solid price.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 18th, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: retailer field was blank
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2005
1596 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
SwaunyJones wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 9:38 am
EB Games has Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Essence of Art Edition for $29.99. Don't know how long it's on sale though but if you're looking for a steelbook and art book this is a solid price.
This isn't a steelbook edition. Actually there isn't one afaik.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1462 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
danthemightyone wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:02 am
This isn't a steelbook edition. Actually there isn't one afaik.
Thanks for pointing this out for me...
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1730 posts
164 upvotes
It's cheaper than the standard game, might as well. Just started on 0.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1290 posts
849 upvotes
St Catharines
Thanks, OP.

I would definitely grab this from EB if I hadn't already bought it from Best Buy for $35 during Boxing Week. It's not worth buying from EB and returning to Best Buy for 5 bucks Neutral Face

The art book packaging is nice, although I do wish it were a steelbook so that it matches Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2. It's larger than all other PS4 game cases, so it sticks out and looks awkward on my shelf.
Last edited by daddyho24 on Jan 18th, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13891 posts
4093 upvotes
Montreal
daddyho24 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:15 am
I would definitely grab this from EB if I hadn't already bought it from Best Buy for $35 during Boxing Week. It's not worth buying from EB and returning to Best Buy for 5 bucks Neutral Face
That's even assuming the EB one will be sealed.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1290 posts
849 upvotes
St Catharines
JackWhyte wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:18 am
That's even assuming the EB one will be sealed.
Very true, although the in-store reservation function on their web site now shows how many copies are in stock at that particular time, so chances are good if they have more than 1 in stock.
Nov 8, 2013
340 posts
186 upvotes
im playing yakuza 0 it feels so slow man does the game pick up pace or something ? I'm still in the part where your tryna find out clues about the Tachibana Real Estate group or w.e their name is. I just did the part where you give drinks to those homeless dudes
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
1730 posts
164 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:15 am
im playing yakuza 0 it feels so slow man does the game pick up pace or something ? I'm still in the part where your tryna find out clues about the Tachibana Real Estate group or w.e their name is. I just did the part where you give drinks to those homeless dudes
0 is more backstory, so it takes time to ramp up (I hope). I am on Chp 3 right now. 1 was quite action packed, so I expect 0 to pick up soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3136 posts
2772 upvotes
Ottawa
I freaking hate editions that throw the disc inside of the artbook.

But, it's a fantastic deal. I already have the standard version and am beyond happy with that. Paid a lot more for it at launch though!
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4611 posts
1231 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, these artbook disc cases just are never quite as good as you want them to be. This one at least has a decent cover though.
GNKRFD wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:15 am
Oh yeah, that's... probably the most dragged out part of that entire game. I don't know that the game will hit the kind of pacing that you're looking for, but it does pick up significantly after that. There are maybe a couple more chapters of semi-tutorial and character intros so... hang in there.
Nov 8, 2013
340 posts
186 upvotes
Iodine wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 12:59 pm
Yeah, these artbook disc cases just are never quite as good as you want them to be. This one at least has a decent cover though.
Oh yeah, that's... probably the most dragged out part of that entire game. I don't know that the game will hit the kind of pacing that you're looking for, but it does pick up significantly after that. There are maybe a couple more chapters of semi-tutorial and character intros so... hang in there.
It's truly testing my patience LOL, I was kinda expecting something like sleeping dogs..kind of
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2132 posts
393 upvotes
BB also had it for $29.99 since december but sold out now...
the book is not that good and it's not steel
FYI EB game me $21 for it as a trade in
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1290 posts
849 upvotes
St Catharines
redkid wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 2:45 pm
BB also had it for $29.99 since december but sold out now...
the book is not that good and it's not steel
FYI EB game me $21 for it as a trade in
$29.99 is Best Buy's used price.
Apr 30, 2016
400 posts
235 upvotes
GTA
+1 for finding this deal because of the price. About to buy it but will hold off and get either the standard edition or premium after hours edition. Reason is, I don’t know how I would feel about the art book case. Take a look at this: if you have your games on a bookcase it will look odd.
Images
  • 7B96D0A3-AEAA-44BC-8BFA-17CEB3930658.jpeg