Expired Hot Deals

[EB Games] YMMV - Nintendo Switch : Pre-Orders / Place Holders are UP!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2017 3:23 pm
[OP]
Oct 14, 2013
760 posts
1501 upvotes
Sherbrooke

[EB Games] YMMV - Nintendo Switch : Pre-Orders / Place Holders are UP!

Place Holders / Pre Orders are up in Local EB Games. Just went by mine to get a Link Amiibo and it's Up, they're taking Place Holders but the Manager told that he's gonna respect the Place Holder List for the Quantities when the Official Sku is gonna come out.

SKU: 728247
Price Deposit : 50$

Knowing Nintendo and the NES Mini debacle, you gotta jump on this!
Last edited by sRPlay1989 on Dec 2nd, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 replies
Sep 14, 2016
177 posts
46 upvotes
Comes out in March 2017, way to early to preorder imo
Oct 20, 2008
167 posts
135 upvotes
I haven't pre-ordered any consoles in so long. The PS4 was just a walk-in purchase a day after launch. Doubt this will sell like the Wii did. I can't justify placing 50$ down yet for something with no release date and/or price point. I'll hold off.
Jul 6, 2012
285 posts
78 upvotes
BURNABY
skylicious wrote: I haven't pre-ordered any consoles in so long. The PS4 was just a walk-in purchase a day after launch. Doubt this will sell like the Wii did. I can't justify placing 50$ down yet for something with no release date and/or price point. I'll hold off.

Um.. i think your memory and my memory regarding ps4 launch is a lot different.

Ps4 was pretty hard to get for 1-2 month after launch.
Jun 23, 2011
186 posts
58 upvotes
I just called my local EB and they said there's nothing in their system yet. Gave SKU and same thing.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2740 posts
1740 upvotes
Unlike many others I absolutely love my Wii U and plan on keeping it for years to come. I still have my NES, SNES and Wii, lol. Never got into the N64 or Gamecube.

I have some great games and virtual console purchases that will keep me occupied for a long time.

No rush for me to move to this new console. As long as the new Zelda game is available for Wii U as planned there is no incentive for me to make the "Switch".
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6825 posts
5728 upvotes
North York
sRSmith1989 wrote: Good luck getting on in March Dumb Dumb.
are you offended he didn't do the preorder?
Apr 27, 2011
187 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
With the amount of backlog of games I have, there's really no reason to pre-order this.

I just bought an Xbox ONE and PS4 this year, right after the price drops because of the imminent PS4 Pro and Xbox ONE S release, and I have tons of unstarted games for all my consoles.

Also, I do sincerely hope this console won't get a bad rep launch like the WiiU:
- That awesome no games
- That even more awesome important update that required a huge download for hours before you can even enjoy your thing
~ Meru Meru ~
Dec 26, 2015
405 posts
215 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sRSmith1989 wrote: Place Holders / Pre Orders are up in Local EB Games. Just went by mine to get a Link Amiibo and it's Up, they're taking Place Holders but the Manager told that he's gonna respect the Place Holder List for the Quantities when the Official Sku is gonna come out.

SKU: 728247
Price Deposit : 50$

Knowing Nintendo and the NES Mini debacle, you gotta jump on this!

I think the whole NES mini was marketing ploy to get people hyped up about Nintendo again.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10794 posts
668 upvotes
Scarborough
sRSmith1989 wrote: Good luck getting on in March Dumb Dumb.
Maybe most people don't need it when it comes out in March 2017.

I personally think people should wait for the first real promotion (unless Nintendo makes the Launch edition worthwhile). With it being fully portable, there is opportunity to make it like the 3DS with multiple colour options, cool special editions, etc.
Oct 27, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
thechampion116 wrote: Maybe most people don't need it when it comes out in March 2017.

I personally think people should wait for the first real promotion (unless Nintendo makes the Launch edition worthwhile). With it being fully portable, there is opportunity to make it like the 3DS with multiple colour options, cool special editions, etc.
Definitely agree, Nintendo loves special editions so there is probably a high likelihood of something cool coming up.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2169 posts
1848 upvotes
I have lost my interest and trust in Nintendo ever since owning the Wii U...
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2763 posts
836 upvotes
One thing buying consoles has taught me: by the time I actually have time to USE them (with the exception of my Xbox One which I use daily as a media streamer) to play games etc., they will have dropped in price by at least a third.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Oct 18, 2012
315 posts
384 upvotes
OTTAWA
I'll probably just wait for a price drop or some nice sale to justify buying the Nintendo Switch. Not enough time and too much backlog games/consoles to even think about it. Haha.
Dec 20, 2010
404 posts
335 upvotes
I want a Wii U to replace my Wii so I can play all the great first party games, but I'm worried there won't be a big price drop for the Wii U since they've already stopped production.

The NX will surely do better than the Wii U though.