Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ebates Canada

HOT?? Ebates Gift Cards W/ Cash Back + Normal Cash Back

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 2:59 pm
Jun 1, 2017
59 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto

HOT?? Ebates Gift Cards W/ Cash Back + Normal Cash Back

Deal Link:
Savings:
1% - 10%
Retailer:
Ebates Canada
So, I just noticed on Ebates.ca they now have a Gift Card Shop. You can buy gift cards on their affiliate site, CardSwap, both physical and digital gift cards, and then use those online or in-store.

I took the liberty of listing all of the stores you can double-dip at (cash back on the gift card and then cash back online through Ebates):
Banana Republic
Best Western
Chapters-Indigo
Gap
Hotels.com
Joe Fresh
Marks
Old Navy
Roots
Shopper’s Drug Mart

This could make for some even better deals moving forward
45 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
Pizza Pizza is 10% cashback on gift cards, which is highest on the list
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
trixR4kids wrote: Pizza Pizza is 10% cashback on gift cards, which is highest on the list
you can get pizza pizza cheaper at costco.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
How would you get the second cash back online with Shopper's? Maybe I don't understand what you mean about the double dipping part.
Jun 1, 2017
59 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: How would you get the second cash back online with Shopper's? Maybe I don't understand what you mean about the double dipping part.
Shoppers right now I don't think has any digital gift cards on the site available. If they did, then you buy the Gift Card and get cash back and then go to Ebates.ca and go to Shoppers and get Cash Back again (I think this is only for beauty products on Shoppers through Ebates though)

Hope this makes sense
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2881 posts
5135 upvotes
hystavito wrote: How would you get the second cash back online with Shopper's? Maybe I don't understand what you mean about the double dipping part.
BeautyBoutique, so like OP said. Just beauty products.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
nice deal for safeway, 2.5% back, used them on the first Tuesday of the month and get another 15% back.
Jan 30, 2008
881 posts
425 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: you can get pizza pizza cheaper at costco.
If you have a Costco membership.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
What type of category are we getting when buying from Cardswap.ca on our credit cards?

Is it considered an online (web) transaction?
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
That's pretty decent, 2.5% cash back on SDM gift card, then can use SDM gc to buy other gcs
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Nice find. Too bad only beauty for SDM.

All the rest are places I don't frequent though Roots is well regarded overseas.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6370 posts
6731 upvotes
Center of Canada
So, for double dip does it mean:
If I buy e.g. Gap gift card now, I get 5% rebate for buying the gift card
when I use the gift card for Gap online purchase, i still get the whatever ebates rebate at the time.
am I correct?
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
Fyi - i dont think that you earn ebates cashback on the portion of your accommodation paid for with gift cards at hotels.com

I know that is in the terms of another cashback site and i believe i found the same in the past when booking through ebates.

Edit - forgot to mention my post was specific to hotels.com
Last edited by RubberCheese on Sep 26th, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 7, 2012
168 posts
390 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote: Fyi - i dont think that you earn ebates cashback on the portion of your accommodation paid for with gift cards.

I know that is in the terms of another cashback site and i believe i found the same in the past when booking through ebates.
I just read the terms and conditions. Doesn't say anything about paying with gift cards and not receiving full cash back.
Last edited by brianfoo on Sep 26th, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2010
629 posts
631 upvotes
I did a Best Buy purchase through ebates, used a gift card to pay, didn't get my cashback, opened a ticket, and was told that I didn't qualify for the cashback since I used a gift card to pay.

From the store's point of view it makes sense; the gift card is already paid for.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
earthpetal wrote: That's pretty decent, 2.5% cash back on SDM gift card, then can use SDM gc to buy other gcs
I can only see $50 and $100 SDM gcs for 1% cash back. Where do you see the 2.5% cash back?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Banana Republic
Chapters-Indigo
Gap
Old Navy
Roots
These gift cards usually go on sale for a 20% off, just need to wait to get the deal
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1328 posts
1337 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: you can get pizza pizza cheaper at costco.
Don't need to buy gift cards. Just ordered pizza directly at Costco.
Nov 26, 2014
372 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It is cardswap, second hand card
Mar 10, 2012
66 posts
135 upvotes
brianfoo wrote: I just read the terms and conditions. Doesn't say anything about paying with gift cards and not receiving full cash back.
Do gift certificates qualify for Cash Back rewards?
Ebates Canada cannot give Cash Back for the portion of a purchase that is made with gift cards or certificates. We can, however, give Cash Back on select gift cards purchased at stores via Ebates Canada.

This is directly from the ebates site. I tried to make a gc purchase from Amazon and I didn't get the CB. Seems to be the case for BB according to a previous poster on this thread too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)