• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1374 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
PerformingAzura wrote: You're ineligible for this promotional offer because sellers from your country of residence are not included in this promotion.
Must have Canadian billing address.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Jul 13, 2016
672 posts
376 upvotes
I ended one listing and relisted the item. How can I see if the promo has been correctly applied?
Oct 21, 2003
562 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
emilio911 wrote: I ended one listing and relisted the item. How can I see if the promo has been correctly applied?
Click My Ebay > Selling and at the bottom right corner under promotional offers, you will see the item numbers eligible for the promotion.

Ending a listing and relisting WILL work.
Jun 29, 2017
296 posts
960 upvotes
Looking to confirm that I don't need to charge sales tax on my ebay listing. It's my first listing in a few years, so this is a new option. I'm pretty sure it's aimed at people who's business involves selling on ebay, but would like to confirm.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1374 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
robfun wrote: Looking to confirm that I don't need to charge sales tax on my ebay listing. It's my first listing in a few years, so this is a new option. I'm pretty sure it's aimed at people who's business involves selling on ebay, but would like to confirm.
You only need to charge sales tax if your annual sales are over $30,000.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1374 posts
616 upvotes
Montreal
Edit:
You only need to charge GST if your annual sales are over $30,000. Some provinces have lower thresholds for PST.
Jun 6, 2007
29 posts
12 upvotes
Oshawa
T_Ruff wrote: Instead of 10% of the final value eBay will charge $1 + tax. They usually also take 10% of the shipping fee, so I'm not sure if that still applies since most sellers will just factor in the shipping cost and offer free shipping so there's no eBay charge on the shipping. The PayPal fee still applies: $0.30 + 2.9% of the payment.
If a buyer pays with a gift card, does the PayPal fee still apply? Will eBay always take a payment processing fee regardless of payment method?
Last edited by soultakerxi on Oct 19th, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2419 posts
1189 upvotes
Vancouver
Time to sell my garbage thanks
Dec 20, 2010
351 posts
242 upvotes
soultakerxi wrote: If a buyer pays with a gift card, does the PayPal fee still apply? Will eBay always take a payment processing fee regardless of payment method?
eBay doesn't take a processing fee for the payment, only the final value on the item and shipping.
However, if the buyer is using an eBay gift card eBay will have to get you the money somehow and I imagine that would be PayPal and then I assume you're in the same boat with PayPal fees.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1207 posts
172 upvotes
Ottawa
Not understanding what people mean when they say "include the shipping price in the item price". How am I supposed to know where a buyer will be from and how much it is to ship to that buyer before I even get a buyer? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1015 posts
252 upvotes
YYC
Gunnerheadboy wrote: Not understanding what people mean when they say "include the shipping price in the item price". How am I supposed to know where a buyer will be from and how much it is to ship to that buyer before I even get a buyer? Thanks!
You won't know where your buyer is from so using free shipping is only a way towards losing money IMHO. I never use the Canada Post rates only flat shipping so I can adjust the amount for fees and packing materials.

You need to have your item weighed and boxed, then estimate the rate on Canada Post and put in 3 different flat rate shipping items: Canada, USA, and International.

Even shipping across Canada yields different rates: AB to BC or SK is significantly cheaper than shipping to the East, so you also need to take that into account for your Canada flat rate. I put it higher and then if someone close buys my item I will send them a small refund for shipping overcharge.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1657 posts
1686 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you op
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗