eBay $1 Selling Fees - Limit 5 Listings

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Tags:
Jun 1, 2008
280 posts
177 upvotes
London
CouponKindaGuy wrote: Id sell stuff on ebay more often but Canada post fees are insane.
Try netparcel if shipping to states.

It was going to cost $50 to send a 18 pound package with Canada post to the states, through netparcel the same package is only $30.

Canada to Canada shipping, I find Canada post business rates to be the cheapest.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3429 posts
1487 upvotes
Ontario
Where's a good place to get boxes for shipping in the Hamilton/Brantford/Cambridge area?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4024 posts
2358 upvotes
Anyone selling old Jay's bobbleheads. PM me to work a deal
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1697 posts
785 upvotes
London
CouponKindaGuy wrote: Id sell stuff on ebay more often but Canada post fees are insane.
if u can sell the item within the next 2 weeks u can use the canada post free ship tueday promo and shipping will cost u nothing.
Jan 12, 2011
17 posts
37 upvotes
ottawa
Thanks for the heads up, now I can pull my facebook market ads and stop answering stupid questions from people who can't read.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1934 posts
1304 upvotes
Montreal, QC
boomsly wrote: Try netparcel if shipping to states.

It was going to cost $50 to send a 18 pound package with Canada post to the states, through netparcel the same package is only $30.

Canada to Canada shipping, I find Canada post business rates to be the cheapest.
I completely agree.
Within Canada the CP business rates are pretty decent. However I for the US, they are now nuts. And unless you send it Xpresspost USA (which is crazy expensive), there is no option for signature. Last shipping to US, I chose netparcel, and got a UPS rate for something like $17 for shipping my parcel (including same amount of time as CP, and even got a signature), where Canadapost was asking about $42 or $43 for same amount of time to destination, but no signature. And since they now also include Electronic Document submittal, no need to include Commercial Invoice and all, which was one of the reasons I used to avoid UPS in the past :) Printed off the shipping label, dropped it off at local UPS depot.
Overall, it was a painless experience, and saved over 50% for US shipment. Will definitely use it again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9859 posts
2564 upvotes
How can one check if the ebay listing is under the promotion? In their T&C they say
Please note that the discount may not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "Seller Account" section in My eBay, under the Account tab, as well as in your next invoice.
Well, I'm under Seller Account and cannot see my listing, only my old listings/details
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1077 posts
1242 upvotes
Toronto
I'm curious to know, what are you guys selling?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1460 posts
77 upvotes
Has anyone has a bad experience wih ebay ?

I'm always hesistant, because I hear stories of items being sold to the states.
And the buyer claims they never got the item.
So, ebay/paypal sides with the buyer over the seller.

You lose the item and the money now.
Search GamerzPlace on google for your gaming needs
Jul 21, 2015
227 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
harryt wrote: Has anyone has a bad experience wih ebay ?

I'm always hesistant, because I hear stories of items being sold to the states.
And the buyer claims they never got the item.
So, ebay/paypal sides with the buyer over the seller.

You lose the item and the money now.
At the very least, make sure your shipping method has signature on delivery, without it you really are at the buyers mercy.
With it - I haven't had bad experiences, but maybe some more seasoned sellers would like to chime in?
Mar 22, 2013
884 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone give me a breakdown of Netparcel? I have to ship two expensive items to the US.

Also, any comparison to CrossBorderPickup?

Do you just package it all up, give it to them, and they drove it across the border and ship it within the USPS system?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1648 posts
1568 upvotes
If the item I want to sell should sell around $300 but it 16kg in weight, will shipping to States kill my entire profit....lol I tried selling it locally. I used to sell quite a bit on ebay. There's a much wider consumer base on ebay vs facebook or kijiji, esp for stuff that's not the most in demand. But I stopped because the ebay plus paypal double dipping got on my nerves. How does netparcels work since I'm not able to select it on ebay to give sellers their shipping rates?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9859 posts
2564 upvotes
Ok hold on. Am I understanding correct that the item HAS to be SOLD by end of the day? Or just posted?

I just did a 7 day auction, but unless I'm mistaken, if the item sells after today, I will pay the full 10%?