eBay $1 Selling Fees - Limit 5 Listings

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Tags:
Dec 24, 2011
218 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: Ok hold on. Am I understanding correct that the item HAS to be SOLD by end of the day? Or just posted?

I just did a 7 day auction, but unless I'm mistaken, if the item sells after today, I will pay the full 10%?
Item has to sell within 30 days of listing.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1938 posts
1307 upvotes
Montreal, QC
althanis wrote: Can someone give me a breakdown of Netparcel? I have to ship two expensive items to the US.

Also, any comparison to CrossBorderPickup?

Do you just package it all up, give it to them, and they drove it across the border and ship it within the USPS system?
Netparcel is not like chitchats or crossborder pickup stuff.. When you want to ship, you enter you info (destination, dimensions, and weight) and then netparcel uses their volume discount rates, and gives you a list of various rates/levels of service with carriers like UPS, FEDEX, DHL and some others depending on destination. You chose the one you want (in my case I chose a UPS rate), and once complete, you print out the label they provide, and you drop off the package at the respective carrier (in my case, I dropped it off at the local UPS store). So all they do, is give you a better price, but after that, you hand the package off to the specific carrier. However, if you did not weigh or measure the package properly, then netparcels will come back and charge you the difference.
thelasthunter wrote: If the item I want to sell should sell around $300 but it 16kg in weight, will shipping to States kill my entire profit....lol I tried selling it locally. I used to sell quite a bit on ebay. There's a much wider consumer base on ebay vs facebook or kijiji, esp for stuff that's not the most in demand. But I stopped because the ebay plus paypal double dipping got on my nerves. How does netparcels work since I'm not able to select it on ebay to give sellers their shipping rates?
For shipping to the US, why don't you just create a netparcels account, log in, and then do a fictitious shipment of 16kg, with approximate dimensions, and to a destination like beverly hills (90210) :) Pretty far, so good idea of max shipping. Say for example shipping comes to $35.. What I often do, is increase the price by about $10, then put a flat rate shipping for $25 for sales to the US (they will see less than USD$20), and I put shipping at $15 for sales within Canada. OK, you may lose $5 or even $10 on shipping. But especially with these $1 promos, I don't mind, since I'd be saving $30 anyhow.. Shipping rates of more that USD$20, tend to scare off many buyers, or they leave a 1* for shipping cost feedback.

Messerschmitt wrote: Ok hold on. Am I understanding correct that the item HAS to be SOLD by end of the day? Or just posted?

I just did a 7 day auction, but unless I'm mistaken, if the item sells after today, I will pay the full 10%?
Needs to be posted by end of day, but SOLD within 30 days.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2718 posts
3003 upvotes
First time selling mutliple items in one posting. You know where it asks you how many of the item available?, does that count as part of the listing for the 1$?
Items need gone fast:
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen - SOLD
Amazon Echo Input
Crib White
TV Stand
Nov 6, 2016
206 posts
53 upvotes
It sucks that when listing on the .ca site you can't post the item in USD prices.
Mar 22, 2013
894 posts
1345 upvotes
Toronto
alexh9 wrote: It sucks that when listing on the .ca site you can't post the item in USD prices.
What sucks? Just convert. US buyers will see it in USD.
Mar 22, 2013
894 posts
1345 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: Netparcel is not like chitchats or crossborder pickup stuff.. When you want to ship, you enter you info (destination, dimensions, and weight) and then netparcel uses their volume discount rates, and gives you a list of various rates/levels of service with carriers like UPS, FEDEX, DHL and some others depending on destination. You chose the one you want (in my case I chose a UPS rate), and once complete, you print out the label they provide, and you drop off the package at the respective carrier (in my case, I dropped it off at the local UPS store). So all they do, is give you a better price, but after that, you hand the package off to the specific carrier. However, if you did not weigh or measure the package properly, then netparcels will come back and charge you the difference.

For shipping to the US, why don't you just create a netparcels account, log in, and then do a fictitious shipment of 16kg, with approximate dimensions, and to a destination like beverly hills (90210) :) Pretty far, so good idea of max shipping. Say for example shipping comes to $35.. What I often do, is increase the price by about $10, then put a flat rate shipping for $25 for sales to the US (they will see less than USD$20), and I put shipping at $15 for sales within Canada. OK, you may lose $5 or even $10 on shipping. But especially with these $1 promos, I don't mind, since I'd be saving $30 anyhow.. Shipping rates of more that USD$20, tend to scare off many buyers, or they leave a 1* for shipping cost feedback.

Needs to be posted by end of day, but SOLD within 30 days.
Thanks! Just put in a quote and it looks pretty cheap compared to Canada Post. Does it also allow for insurance up to $1600CAD?
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1461 posts
761 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: First time selling mutliple items in one posting. You know where it asks you how many of the item available?, does that count as part of the listing for the 1$?
I would advise against that. Won't count.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9888 posts
2576 upvotes
Anyone has experience SELLING gift cards?

Got a cineplex GC I want to sell, but I think I have no seller protection if the buyer just decides to claim it's empty balance.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1938 posts
1307 upvotes
Montreal, QC
althanis wrote: Thanks! Just put in a quote and it looks pretty cheap compared to Canada Post. Does it also allow for insurance up to $1600CAD?
I don't see why not. But be carefull with that. You should include a notice that duties, taxes and any brokerage fees imposed are not your responsibility, and payable by the buyer,, and that you will declare the full value of the sale. I think up to USD$800, americans usually don't pay anything. But for more than that, I am pretty sure they will get a bill. UPS and Fedex will not miss the opportunity to charge their brokerage fees :)
Diafel wrote: I would advise against that. Won't count.
In the past, with multiples of the same product, I have just made multiple listings of the same item. So instead of posting qty more than 1, I have just posted qty 1, and then just click on "sell similar" again and post another identical item. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. And you can even add a note that if someone want more than 1, they can just contact you before ordering. What I have done at that point, is modify an existing listing to be for a "Bundle" of items (ie: a pair of something, instead of single). That way you can offer a combined shipping cost, and then not lose the other listing :) I've even converted existing listing to something completely different after I sold all I had in a single bundled listing :) ebay didn't seem to flag anything, and I eventually sold my other item also.

So just get your items posted by end of day. And you can modify them afterwards if needed.
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1461 posts
761 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: From experience ?
Yes, look in your My Selling area on non-mobile and you can see which listing #s the promotion has been applied to. You can't just list 2000 items per listing and expect to get that for $1 per listing.
Nov 6, 2016
206 posts
53 upvotes
althanis wrote: What sucks? Just convert. US buyers will see it in USD.
From my experience, US buyers will mainly see the Canadian dollar amount, with the converted amount in tiny font. Sadly, this seems to turn off potential buyers, since I've posted tons of listings on both .ca and .com sites, and the .com listings get way more hits and sales.
May 8, 2002
776 posts
109 upvotes
Diafel wrote: Yes, look in your My Selling area on non-mobile and you can see which listing #s the promotion has been applied to. You can't just list 2000 items per listing and expect to get that for $1 per listing.
Is this on ebay.com or ebay.ca? Mind giving a picture of what you are talking about (blank out anything info you are not comfortable in sharing) because I don't see it.