• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2019 8:42 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1938 posts
1306 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jimboski wrote: Just sell locally on RFD, use the BST section.
If you live in the GTA area, then that is great. that BST section is >95% GTA based as far as I remember.
Would have been nice to have subsections under the BST section, one for each major Canadian city at least.. Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Manitoba, St John's, Halifax, etc..
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47373 posts
5303 upvotes
Toronto
Emporium wrote: If you live in the GTA area, then that is great. that BST section is >95% GTA based as far as I remember.
Would have been nice to have subsections under the BST section, one for each major Canadian city at least.. Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Manitoba, St John's, Halifax, etc..
You can sell gift cards to out of province people if you and the buyer have good trading history on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9874 posts
2574 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: You can sell gift cards to out of province people if you and the buyer have good trading history on RFD.
Pretty much, sold many to out of province. Helps having good BST feedback here :)

My latest sales were a SIM worth $150 and Westjet credit worth $100. Buyer EMT-ed me the money and I emailed/transfered to him, everything went 100% smooth. Communication is key

I'll try to take advantage of Canada Post free ship promo and sell some extra items I normally wouldn't since the shipping would kill the deal
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Oct 21st, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2007
131 posts
56 upvotes
Thank you for posting this! You just saved me over $250 in fees. My item was listed and sold in 30 minutes, total fee was 2 bucks!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1938 posts
1306 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jimboski wrote: You can sell gift cards to out of province people if you and the buyer have good trading history on RFD.
True.. I totally jumped the gun, and overlooked the GC aspect of it. I guess It's time to get some ZZzzzzz... :)
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2019
210 posts
143 upvotes
Damn it's expired. Oh well, not selling my items on eBay then.
Apr 8, 2017
865 posts
587 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
thesteve wrote: Thank you for posting this! You just saved me over $250 in fees. My item was listed and sold in 30 minutes, total fee was 2 bucks!
Dang, it usually takes me weeks to sell things :P
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Mar 22, 2013
889 posts
1330 upvotes
Toronto
alexh9 wrote: From my experience, US buyers will mainly see the Canadian dollar amount, with the converted amount in tiny font. Sadly, this seems to turn off potential buyers, since I've posted tons of listings on both .ca and .com sites, and the .com listings get way more hits and sales.
Ah okay. That's too bad, as with the exchange rate, US buyers can get some pretty good deals.
Emporium wrote: I don't see why not. But be carefull with that. You should include a notice that duties, taxes and any brokerage fees imposed are not your responsibility, and payable by the buyer,, and that you will declare the full value of the sale. I think up to USD$800, americans usually don't pay anything. But for more than that, I am pretty sure they will get a bill. UPS and Fedex will not miss the opportunity to charge their brokerage fees :)

In the past, with multiples of the same product, I have just made multiple listings of the same item. So instead of posting qty more than 1, I have just posted qty 1, and then just click on "sell similar" again and post another identical item. Not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. And you can even add a note that if someone want more than 1, they can just contact you before ordering. What I have done at that point, is modify an existing listing to be for a "Bundle" of items (ie: a pair of something, instead of single). That way you can offer a combined shipping cost, and then not lose the other listing :) I've even converted existing listing to something completely different after I sold all I had in a single bundled listing :) ebay didn't seem to flag anything, and I eventually sold my other item also.

So just get your items posted by end of day. And you can modify them afterwards if needed.
Thanks again!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12706 posts
2806 upvotes
Markham
Great deal can't wait for them to do this again
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1018 posts
254 upvotes
YYC
TCWeasel wrote: Where's a good place to get boxes for shipping in the Hamilton/Brantford/Cambridge area?
I realize the deal is now over, but the best options for small shipping boxes are:
  • Walmart (they have 97c small boxes, then a slightly bigger size for around $2.
  • Staples has boxes, and they're sometimes on-sale, but without a coupon, I rarely buy them there.
  • Stores like Dollarama do not carry boxes, only bubble envelopes.
  • If anyone reading is out West, London Drugs has boxes similar to WM sizes, and they sometimes go on-sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2709 posts
2997 upvotes
chaingunsofdoom wrote: I realize the deal is now over, but the best options for small shipping boxes are:
  • Walmart (they have 97c small boxes, then a slightly bigger size for around $2.
  • Staples has boxes, and they're sometimes on-sale, but without a coupon, I rarely buy them there.
  • Stores like Dollarama do not carry boxes, only bubble envelopes.
  • If anyone reading is out West, London Drugs has boxes similar to WM sizes, and they sometimes go on-sale.
I just re-use the amazon boxes that I get from the amazon orders I do. And their bubble wrap. But I dont ship much.
Items need gone fast:
Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen - SOLD
Amazon Echo Input
Crib White
TV Stand
Jun 29, 2017
296 posts
960 upvotes
My item I listed with this promo just sold. I was charged the $1 twice. Is this expected?

Final Value Fee on Shipping: $1.13 (my shipping fee was only $2, so this really cuts into that)
Final Value fee PROMO: $1.13

It's the first thing I've sold on ebay in awhile - have they really jacked up their fees on shipping? Or is this promo actually detrimental for low $$ shipping fees.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12706 posts
2806 upvotes
Markham
robfun wrote: My item I listed with this promo just sold. I was charged the $1 twice. Is this expected?

Final Value Fee on Shipping: $1.13 (my shipping fee was only $2, so this really cuts into that)
Final Value fee PROMO: $1.13

It's the first thing I've sold on ebay in awhile - have they really jacked up their fees on shipping? Or is this promo actually detrimental for low $$ shipping fees.
Should have made shipping free/included in price