Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] 3 six-foot "Apple" lightening cables- for Iphone etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2016 1:49 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1105 posts
612 upvotes
Prince Edward County…

[eBay.ca] 3 six-foot "Apple" lightening cables- for Iphone etc.

Shipping in Canada cost $1.80, took a week, all three tested and working without issues for me. Apple's cable's are overpriced.
Images
26 replies
Sep 9, 2003
737 posts
556 upvotes
In before the "but it's not MFI certified"
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1130 posts
278 upvotes
Markham
aznkid.com wrote: In before the "but it's not MFI certified"
Yeah just about to post NO MFI NO WAY....too many non mfi work until an iOS update and then done...not worth it...just go to monoprice and get MFI, not apple certified...huge difference!
Sandviper
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1105 posts
612 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
sandviper wrote: Yeah just about to post NO MFI NO WAY....too many non mfi work until an iOS update and then done...not worth it...just go to monoprice and get MFI, not apple certified...huge difference!
Oh, sorry if this is true... but are you sure this is true for cables as well? I mean, I'd understand for power adapters, but... aren't cables just wires connecting metal to metal? How would Apple disable the function of connecting wires? Excuse my ignorance...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
MooseOnLoose wrote: Oh, sorry if this is true... but are you sure this is true for cables as well? I mean, I'd understand for power adapters, but... aren't cables just wires connecting metal to metal? How would Apple disable the function of connecting wires? Excuse my ignorance...
100% true. Non mfi cables work, until the updates. Some would still work, but will stop.
Just wait for monoprice cables to go on sale. I grabbed a few last time they were 2-3 dollars each
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1465 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lightening cables have built-in chips - dont buy non-certified.
I recommend amazon.ca amazonBasics cable. good quality for $9-10 bucks.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ericw wrote: Lightening cables have built-in chips - dont buy non-certified.
I recommend amazon.ca amazonBasics cable. good quality for $9-10 bucks.
The lengths some companies will go to to ensure sale of their products. Such evil
Dec 9, 2014
91 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Try and charge an iPhone with a bootleg cable vs real cable. The time difference is crazy and sometimes when I wake up from over night sleep, my iPhone 6plus is only at 85%. I stopped using the cheap ones, they are garbage.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11731 posts
3100 upvotes
I ordered 3 of these last week on Amazon... for some reason it was free shipping at the time...
Very pleased, cable it thicker and feels stronger than the OEM Apple lightning cable... charges fast, no errors and MFi certified.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B014P2 ... UTF8&psc=1
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1722 posts
698 upvotes
Calgary
Compthis wrote: Try and charge an iPhone with a bootleg cable vs real cable. The time difference is crazy and sometimes when I wake up from over night sleep, my iPhone 6plus is only at 85%. I stopped using the cheap ones, they are garbage.
At least yours worked. I had a Duracell lightning cable in my car for about 9 months that worked without a problem. Updated my phone, plugged it into the car and found out that the phone wouldn't take a charge. It would cycle between on/off charge. I thought it was the port until I tried using an official Apple cable which worked.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1052 posts
473 upvotes
Perth
Wow... that non-MFI Apple stuff sure is lame proprietary BS from Apple. Just another reason why I still won't buy any of their overpriced products.
Jun 12, 2010
668 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto/Santa Monica
Compthis wrote: Try and charge an iPhone with a bootleg cable vs real cable. The time difference is crazy and sometimes when I wake up from over night sleep, my iPhone 6plus is only at 85%. I stopped using the cheap ones, they are garbage.
yeah I've used ebay cables for months and until I switched back to the legit cable my phone is seeing a bigger improvement in battery life
Jul 6, 2002
119 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I have 3 non-MFI cables from ebay ranging from $1 to $4 and they all work. The only problem is the charge current (amperage) is limited to 50-70% of the OEM and thereby longer charging time.

Don't believe all the youtube apple fanboys.

Update: $1 cable still works after 5 months, iphone 6.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15168 posts
6179 upvotes
Lightening:
the descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity, occurring toward the end of pregnancy, changing the contour of the abdomen and facilitating breathing by lessening pressure under the diaphragm.
Mar 1, 2011
40 posts
19 upvotes
I am so done with supporting this ridiculous cult, called Apple.

If Apple made a car you would have to use their gasoline, and the gas cap wouldn't open unless you had recently gone to a certified "genius" for an oil change.

Posted from my iPhone, for now.
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Ive reverted back to oem cables since after all three non oem cables stopped working after a couple months of use. Not sure how they 0breakdown" but the quality of non oem cables purchased off ebay suppliers such as the OP is suspect. Advuse not to waste your money.
However i am unsure of how good the non oem cables you purchase at gas stns or grocery chains such as macs/711.
Apr 22, 2012
59 posts
54 upvotes
Calgary
All the knock off cables work for a month or so. Then Apple cuts them off. I have gone through a few of these.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5924 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver
2 of my cheapo knock off cables actually melted at the Lightning head.