Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
can't wait to get mine :)
based on canada post:
Expected delivery 2018/05/24

Delivery progress
2018/05/23 18:46 MONTREAL, QC Shipment picked up by Canada Post What is this
2018/05/23 Electronic information submitted by shipper What is this
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
waspinator wrote: What's the latest version of wear OS for this watch?

I got an OTA to 2.0.0.151212853 on Android 7.1.1 and it says my security patch level is March 5, 2017.

Is there a way to force an upgrade?
This is the latest update I have on my watch too.
-
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Shinru wrote: Pretty much right on the money

Didn't we establish on this thread to turn off wifi and turn off cellular. This extends the battery life for days!

Every time the watch is turned off and on, cellular is turned back on. So if it's ever off... and turned back off, go into cellular and turn that off! Cheers

Sorry for my ignorance but if cellular and wifi is off...how will it connect to the phone to get notifications? Bluetooth?
Jan 11, 2008
185 posts
63 upvotes
Is it possible to install a pomodoro app on it?
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
d0m056 wrote: That's true, mic is disabled in calls in 2.0, but that is a problem with all watches and not just wear24.
So I am assuming everyone is upgrading to the last eat version? Sucks that this feature is disabled as I wanted to be like Dick Tracy when making calls.
Oct 11, 2016
47 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, there's the pomodoro app and also 5217
May 16, 2012
23 posts
4 upvotes
VICTORIA
how are people updating their watches? I think I've downloaded the update but it just tells me to charge the watch. I charge it to %100 and nothing happens....
Feb 19, 2009
300 posts
146 upvotes
iceman2015 wrote: So I am assuming everyone is upgrading to the last eat version? Sucks that this feature is disabled as I wanted to be like Dick Tracy when making calls.
Weird, because I'm able to answer calls on my Zenwatch 3 with 2.0. Callers could hear me as well.

Are you able to do adb commands and fastboot via wifi? I read on XDA, there's no way to plug it into a computer unless you take apart the back of the watch, hack a usb cable from the watch to plug into the computer
May 16, 2012
23 posts
4 upvotes
VICTORIA
Never mind I just reset it and the update process started.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener

I got an OTA to 2.0.0.151212853 on Android 7.1.1 and it says my security patch level is March 5, 2017.

You should be on 2.11, 2.0 is the shipping firmware.
Make sure you have wifi enabled (might want to disable BT as well) and reboot the watch couple of times for the update to kick in.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
mtlmonk wrote: Sorry for my ignorance but if cellular and wifi is off...how will it connect to the phone to get notifications? Bluetooth?
You can keep wifi on, its the cell that kills battery (with no use as well since its locked to VZ).
But even with wifi off, it will get notification from the phone over BT (thats how you get the notifications outdoors).
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
hadi wrote: The pics on ebay look so different from the ones in the posted YouTube video.
True, watches looks just like they do on the YT video.
Oct 3, 2007
306 posts
192 upvotes
minib26 wrote: Anyone using this with iPhone, can you comment on the experience ?
Not sure why the other guy said he couldn’t get any notifications with an iPhone. I get notifications like whatsapp, instagram, ring, etc.
Dec 16, 2012
387 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
thearcticdragon wrote: Not sure why the other guy said he couldn’t get any notifications with an iPhone. I get notifications like whatsapp, instagram, ring, etc.
Other guy probably didn't upgrade to AW 2.0, I made that mistake before fixing it by connecting it to my Android to upgrade then connecting it to iPhone. Notifications/call notifications are good! Just the screen is tiny compared to the phones, but that's expected of a watch. #firstworldproblems
😁
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
So overall, good purchase right...will wait for coupon now.
Jun 19, 2009
514 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
How futureproof do you think this watch is? Good for 1-2 years?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
thearcticdragon wrote: Not sure why the other guy said he couldn’t get any notifications with an iPhone. I get notifications like whatsapp, instagram, ring, etc.
Really what is your setting? When I go to notifications on wear24 I only see two apps currently, fongo and messages. How do you add other apps to get notification? I think app will appear automatically on there if notification works but it didn't works that's why.

I always have problem with whatapps even on the apple watch, used to work but not anymore. It works on my pepple time currently though. Not sure maybe too may watches.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
globalize9 wrote: Other guy probably didn't upgrade to AW 2.0, I made that mistake before fixing it by connecting it to my Android to upgrade then connecting it to iPhone. Notifications/call notifications are good! Just the screen is tiny compared to the phones, but that's expected of a watch. #firstworldproblems
I got everything updated and still didn't get notification. Probably got some setting issue with my phone. It's good that it works though. But why would it works on the pepple time but not on the apple watch or this one.
Jan 9, 2003
243 posts
47 upvotes

On your watch go to the Google Play app and update the WearOS app. It'll update to 2.11.
Aug 25, 2006
356 posts
154 upvotes
Cambridge
Orders one week ago and hasn't shipped
Seller basically told me they have it listed at getting it within 7 business days
[solicitation removed]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)