Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.24 Smartwatch by Verizon from $42 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 12:57 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1665 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 5:02 pm
That face it part of the Wear24 app, so you either keep both or lose both.
I am not into analog faces as it's not that battery friendly (once I settled on "portions" didn't find the need to move), but I bet you can find something analog that works for you here from elegant and minimal
Good luck
Thanks for the links. So many faces, it’s hard to choose. Portions, unfortunately, is considered incompatible with my watch. Did you side load it?
Jul 12, 2005
754 posts
100 upvotes
Kelowna
Thanks, OP. Ordered and received a silver one (they were in stock a couple days ago). Very nice device and very nice price.
Oct 24, 2005
925 posts
209 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks been following this for a while. A bit hesitant since using the OG Moto 360. I hope Android Wear has improved since then
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
pmcd wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 4:21 pm
Thanks for the links. So many faces, it’s hard to choose. Portions, unfortunately, is considered incompatible with my watch. Did you side load it?
Nah, it installed directly from playstore.
Images
  • 2019-04-23.png
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2995 posts
360 upvotes
pmcd wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 4:13 pm
I wasn’t referring to the Wear24 app that used to be on the play store. I am more interested in the default watch face. If you disable the Wear24 “app” in the system that seems to disable the watch face I like. I can’t seem to find a similar one. Any suggestions?

Ordered the Verizon charger you linking. This clone that was sent with the phone is really nerve wracking.

Now to find a newer Android phone to go with the watch :)
Give the "Stellar" watch face a try. It is my favourite analog one, and very customizable with the hands, colours and markers.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
mc_molineux wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 9:53 pm
Give the "Stellar" watch face a try. It is my favourite analog one, and very customizable with the hands, colours and markers.
Stellar that is part of the "Looks Android Wear Watch Faces" app or this Stellar?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2995 posts
360 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 12:09 am
Stellar that is part of the "Looks Android Wear Watch Faces" app or this Stellar?
The former, though the latter does look nice too.

Edit: Pretty sure I didn't download the "Looks" faces though. At some point they got installed automatically I think, maybe with a WearOS update?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
mc_molineux wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 6:41 am
The former, though the latter does look nice too.

Edit: Pretty sure I didn't download the "Looks" faces though. At some point they got installed automatically I think, maybe with a WearOS update?
Yeah, I think after upgrading to the first 2.x (from stock 1.5) pressing "more faces" would actually install "Looks Android Wear Watch Faces", I initially thought it was a Google app because the way it's was being pushed on users (not complaining though).
Nov 25, 2017
499 posts
302 upvotes
ordered last thurs was supposed to arrive yesterday, still nothing, in transit since thursday, assume holiday issues
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
Shawnies wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 11:38 am
ordered last thurs was supposed to arrive yesterday, still nothing, in transit since thursday, assume holiday issues
CP from QC are taking their sweet time.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
nidh0gg wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 10:22 pm
Hi, I bought a wear24 because of this thread and just received it today. I've been setting it up and my watch has been updated to the latest version however i'm having troubles with the "feel the wear" app. I downloaded the app but it doesn't show up in the app list (when you press the button) however it shows up in app settings.
If you have the app installed on both the watch and the phone then set up is done on the phone.

Apr 21, 2019
28 posts
8 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 2:02 pm
If you have the app installed on both the watch and the phone then set up is done on the phone.
Thank you! I only had the app downloaded onto my watch, did not know I needed it on my phone as well, app is working fine now!!

on a side note, does anyone else have an issue with their watch where the battery level instantly drops to low percentage (from 80% to 10%)? most notably this seems to always happen if i were to restart the watch. If i charge the watch however it seems to fix this and the battery level goes back to the actual level after a few minutes
just another broke ass college student
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18322 posts
9500 upvotes
Kitchener
nidh0gg wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 3:01 pm
on a side note, does anyone else have an issue with their watch where the battery level instantly drops to low percentage (from 80% to 10%)? most notably this seems to always happen if i were to restart the watch. If i charge the watch however it seems to fix this and the battery level goes back to the actual level after a few minutes
Does it overheat while charging?
Apr 21, 2019
28 posts
8 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Apr 24th, 2019 4:39 pm
Does it overheat while charging?
im pretty sure it does not overheat as when i check it when its charging it is warm to the touch but not hot, and if i leave it on the charger when it is 100% (to test) it is cool to the touch which i assume is a good thing. I've also been charging it with the button facing down since i've gotten it (monday) which i've seen recommended here

i am using the motorola charger that came with the watch and a samsung brick + anker micro usb cable
Last edited by nidh0gg on Apr 24th, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just another broke ass college student

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)