Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.24 Smartwatch by Verizon from $42 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 1:08 pm
Jul 2, 2016
284 posts
321 upvotes
How do you get the Wear24 watch to buzz when you receive a text message? I downloaded the wear message app but it doesn't notify you when you receive a text message.
Nov 5, 2014
213 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 3:20 pm
Yup I see what you mean, received second one and it's indeed resealed (as well as first one too upon closer inspection).
That said, this might be for inspection as neither had any visible usage signs on the actual content, protective sticker on screen and clear wrapping on the charger were intact. BUT it powered up to initial setup screen (second one not tested yet) so either never been set before or was "factory reset" prior to repackaging (though it did have the initial firmware out of the box and OTA update was pulled once it got connected to our wifi).
For charging heat, first one does indeed get "warm" to the touch when being charged (being induction) but certainly not as hot as how our tablets get when using the inductions chargers (higher capacity batteries charging at higher rate than the watch).
Will report back once I get to set up the second one.
Thanks for your input! Mine didn't even power up with the set-up prompts, I had to factory reset to select a language etc. Seller replied and asked for pics, so I've sent them. We'll see what happens.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18339 posts
9516 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:10 am
Thanks for your input! Mine didn't even power up with the set-up prompts, I had to factory reset to select a language etc. Seller replied and asked for pics, so I've sent them. We'll see what happens.
I did set the second watch yesterday, powered up to the setup screen, here is the shipping the firmware:

IMG-20180321-WA0039.jpg

I tried to get it updated to Wear OS (2.10 March 9) but for some reason it only pulls Android Wear (2.9 Feb 12) yet calls it Wear OS, looking at Wear OS feedback on playstore it seems few reported similar issue with different watches, might be a staggered update or something as the first watch already got it pushed.

Edit: Took one day and one power cycle (not reboot) and the 2.10 update was picked up, all is good.
Jul 13, 2013
645 posts
321 upvotes
I've been playing with mine for a couple of hours now and have no idea how to make the default messaging app Android messages. I managed to disable the verizon stuff but am completely lost.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18339 posts
9516 upvotes
Kitchener
Wasp14 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 4:09 pm
I've been playing with mine for a couple of hours now and have no idea how to make the default messaging app Android messages. I managed to disable the verizon stuff but am completely lost.
Disable: My VZ, VZ messaging and Wear24 apps.
Enable: airplane mode.
Enable: BT and/or WiFi
Disable: VZ carrier profile from the "SIM Info" app.
Install: Android Messages from Google playstore (on both phone and watch).
Thats it, messaging would be handled by the installed Android Messages app.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3358 posts
1368 upvotes
Ontario
Is it a good watch? Just how big is it?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18858 posts
5659 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Black finally available, definitely worth paying a bit more for compared to pink gold before.

Looks like custom firmware is a matter of time now.
Jan 28, 2014
548 posts
177 upvotes
I keep seeing reports that it wont work with calls. Has anyone else had this problem?
Will be interested in using it with Hangours dialer

Also has anyone been able to use it with a Canadian carrier in SIM only mode?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2368 posts
1689 upvotes
Oakville
Can't use NFC.
No heart Rate sensor.
Low battery life.
No support.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2004
2976 posts
197 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 12:28 pm
Can't use NFC.
No heart Rate sensor.
Low battery life.
No support.
Please show me a $90 android wear watch that is better
Jul 13, 2013
645 posts
321 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 12:28 pm
Can't use NFC.
No heart Rate sensor.
Low battery life.
No support.
To be fair, the $365 Fossil Q also has nearly all of these flaws (aside from current support). For $90 you aren't going to get anything this good, and the Fossil had the flat tyre look to boot and no OLED screen.
aasoror wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2018 1:10 am
Disable: My VZ and VZ messaging + apps.
My mistake was I was using the default wear24 watch face and its widgets defaulted to the verizon stuff. Once I switched to a different one I could access everything perfectly. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6970 posts
1577 upvotes
might get this when eBay has that 20% off coupon again!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

vik56in