Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I made a discovery with this watch that I don't think was mentioned here yet. I was getting a massive battery drain even after enabling airplane mode and removing the Wear24 and Verizon apps. What I found is that you need to disable the SIM card. To do this, open the app called SIM info and disable everything you can in there. I am hoping that this permanently disables the cellular on the watch. My battery life has been much better since doing this.

I really wish we could get a custom ROM. Is the bootloader locked on this thing?
Your discovery is only several months late
XDA is your friend ...
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: Your discovery is only several months late
XDA is your friend ...
I said mentioned "here", not on XDA. Electric Light BulbGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SickBeast wrote: I said mentioned "here", not on XDA. Electric Light BulbGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
It's mentioned right in the second post :)
aasoror wrote: Basic setup/debloating:
Disable: My VZ, VZ messaging and Wear24 apps.
Enable: airplane mode (no longer needed if you will disable VZ carrier profile).
Enable: BT and/or WiFi (you can leave WiFi set to "Automatic" the watch will smartly turn it on when the phone is unreachable over BT or if a big data transfer is needed).
Disable: VZ carrier profile from the "SIM Info" app.
Install: Android Messages from Google playstore (on both phone and watch).
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
aasoror wrote: It's mentioned right in the second post :)
:facepalm:

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
I got Google Assistant to work...all it needed as an update on the watch from the Play Store. It's pretty slick, I was using it yesterday for navigation and setting up calendar appointments. Also tested some things like checking the score from the World Cup.

What I found awesome was the Google Maps navigation function:

"Ok Google, navigate to..."

The watch would display the directions and then dim to battery saving mode if there was a long delay between the next set of instructions. Incredibly useful if you're on a bike or transit where you don't want to take the watch out constantly.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1825 posts
1696 upvotes
Got the watch yesterday and there seems to be a very even tiny gap around the screen, is this normal?
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
redkulat wrote: I got Google Assistant to work...all it needed as an update on the watch from the Play Store. It's pretty slick, I was using it yesterday for navigation and setting up calendar appointments. Also tested some things like checking the score from the World Cup.

What I found awesome was the Google Maps navigation function:

"Ok Google, navigate to..."

The watch would display the directions and then dim to battery saving mode if there was a long delay between the next set of instructions. Incredibly useful if you're on a bike or transit where you don't want to take the watch out constantly.
I am guessing in order for this to work, you need to carry your phone with you?
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4776 posts
5068 upvotes
East GTA
Glancealot wrote: I am guessing in order for this to work, you need to carry your phone with you?
Yes thats right, you will need your phone with you.

What I found neat though with the Google Assistant + navigation function is even if your phone is locked / screen is off - the watch launches gogle maps on your phone automatically.

So the phone announces all the directions while the watch displays it and vibrates twice when the next direction is coming up.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Apr 25, 2006
588 posts
62 upvotes
Black back in Stock. Thanks OP ordered.
davidlmf wrote: I'm pretty sure it's illegal in RFD rules to pass up a PM opportunity
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1997 posts
1190 upvotes
Regina
Looks like black is back in stock.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Glancealot wrote: I am guessing in order for this to work, you need to carry your phone with you?
Unless you have the watch internal GPS enabled then it will work standalone (though battery would drain fast).
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1562 posts
698 upvotes
Toronto
d'oh wish black was in stock yesterday
Dec 12, 2012
390 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does 10% battery drain per hour seem reasonable with very minimal use? I've done everything listed to get more battery time but it still seems low to me?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
WhoCanDeal wrote: Does 10% battery drain per hour seem reasonable with very minimal use? I've done everything listed to get more battery time but it still seems low to me?
Have you just gotten it ? give it few charge/discharge cycles to get into shape.
Dec 11, 2013
75 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
This guy expects me to pay to ship it back after sending me a used product. I am reminded as to why I dislike eBay :(
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
ataryens wrote: This guy expects me to pay to ship it back after sending me a used product. I am reminded as to why I dislike eBay :(
Open an item not as described dispute with paypal, worst case you pay for shipping it back and paypal will refund you.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1825 posts
1696 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Yup normal.
Would that not hinder the waterproof-ness?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
waloshin wrote: Great watch, but you loose water resistance opening it...
Don't, there is nothing that has really happened yet for the watch so people would get crazy eager to open it. No need for custom recovery as long as you don't have custom ROMs to load on it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)