Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.28 Smartwatch by Verizon $34 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 9:54 am
Nov 29, 2015
308 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Question - Can I answer my phone calls with this device?
Nov 14, 2009
148 posts
67 upvotes
code isn't working for me too.
may be it expired on the 18th Montreal time...
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
Autumnrain wrote:
Mar 19th, 2018 12:25 am
code isn't working for me too.
may be it expired on the 18th Montreal time...
probably expired, I have updated the OP.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
Standby with airplane mode on, wifi on, screen set to always on and VZ apps disabled (my VZ, VZ messaging and Wear24).

wear24.jpg
Jan 23, 2009
212 posts
96 upvotes
Just make sure to disable cell with the SIM toolkit app, I had one and even if you turned data off it would turn itself back on when you lost wifi/bt and if you were out of range of a good cell signal it would drain the battery looking for a signal in less than an hour. Lasts almost 2 days with it disabled. Returned mine because it was just too flaky with staying "bluetooth only" and would drop the connection too often. Solid build though!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2018 5:00 pm
Question - Can I answer my phone calls with this device?
Yes you can, you just need to enable "phone audio" from the BT menu on the watch.
Nov 5, 2014
214 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got my watch today. The seal was broken on the box. I don't believe it is new, I received none of the set up prompts when starting it up (selecting a language and connecting the app) until I did a factory reset. The watch also gets hot while charging...I've emailed the seller
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 5:43 pm
I got my watch today. The seal was broken on the box. I don't believe it is new, I received none of the set up prompts when starting it up (selecting a language and connecting the app) until I did a factory reset. The watch also gets hot while charging...I've emailed the seller
Thats odd, the one we got was brand new in "sealed" packaging.
We have another one in transit, will see how it turns out to be.
Nov 29, 2015
308 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 8:36 pm
Thats odd, the one we got was brand new in "sealed" packaging.
We have another one in transit, will see how it turns out to be.
Same I got the watch and it was sealed the box however upon looking at the box it does have some dents and dirt marks.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 9:44 pm
Same I got the watch and it was sealed the box however upon looking at the box it does have some dents and dirt marks.
Packaging imperfections are not unusual for liquidated stock and discontinued products. Still, if it's advertised as new it should be new.
Nov 5, 2014
214 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 11:02 pm
Packaging imperfections are not unusual for liquidated stock and discontinued products. Still, if it's advertised as new it should be new.
It's a little difficult to see, but the original seal was broken and a larger seal was placed on top. The first pic shows the broken seal once i removed the larger seal, the next pic shows - the bigger unbroken seal can be seen. I still havent heard back from the seller. The watch also seems to get hot while on the charger.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by jm0287 on Mar 22nd, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
18872 posts
9985 upvotes
Kitchener
jm0287 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2018 1:50 pm
It's a little difficult to see, but the original seal was broken and a larger seal was placed on top. The first pic shows the broken seal once i removed the larger seal, the first pic - the bigger unbroken seal can be seen. I still havent heard back from the seller. The watch also seems to get hot while on the charger.
Yup I see what you mean, received second one and it's indeed resealed (as well as first one too upon closer inspection).
That said, this might be for inspection as neither had any visible usage signs on the actual content, protective sticker on screen and clear wrapping on the charger were intact. BUT it powered up to initial setup screen (second one not tested yet) so either never been set before or was "factory reset" prior to repackaging (though it did have the initial firmware out of the box and OTA update was pulled once it got connected to our wifi).
For charging heat, first one does indeed get "warm" to the touch when being charged (being induction) but certainly not as hot as how our tablets get when using the inductions chargers (higher capacity batteries charging at higher rate than the watch).
Will report back once I get to set up the second one.
Nov 29, 2015
308 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote:
Mar 20th, 2018 10:43 am
Yes you can, you just need to enable "phone audio" from the BT menu on the watch.
So it seems that when I updated the software to latest AW 2.0 phone calls can be made via Bluetooth but mic doesn’t work. Anyone also experienced this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)