Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Dec 11, 2013
100 posts
57 upvotes
MysticDeth12 wrote: How did you get the update? I went to system update on my watch and it says the watch is up to date. Is there something else I have to do to get the update?
Through the playstore on the watch.

Android Wear: 2.16.0.213907450
Aug 26, 2016
58 posts
34 upvotes
Azlar99 wrote: Through the playstore on the watch.

I am still on 2.1.5.206732242. I will have to wait for them to push the update to my watch...
Jan 10, 2011
485 posts
306 upvotes
Just got the update. No more "cloud" icon.
Jun 13, 2004
280 posts
197 upvotes
Does the speaker sound very quiet and tinny on these watches?
Jan 10, 2011
485 posts
306 upvotes
Chep wrote: Just got the update. No more "cloud" icon.
Cloud icon is back :(
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37134 upvotes
Chep wrote: Cloud icon is back :(
No rainy days ahead, consider it a positive omen.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
should i buy the "like new" or "new" watch?

I noticed on the "new" page - “These watches were brand new and have been returned to us by customers within 7 days of purchase. In excellent, like new condition.”

Isnt that refurb/open box? which is the same as like new?
May 31, 2018
45 posts
76 upvotes
Just got mine. It's not turning on. The manual says that I need to charge it to 100% first. I put it on the charger (moto charger that came in a box) - it doesn't work. Tried my other usb cable, the cradle started showing blue light (when the watch is on it). After a couple of minutes the watch started vibrating and the screen showed low battery icon. Nothing since then... It's been maybe 10 minutes. Do I need to wait longer for it to show some signs of life? Or do I just request the refund/return?

edit: I just tried the original cable again and it started charging. after another 5 minutes I saw the Welcome screen. Sorry, I panicked and overreacted :)

edit 2: I love it :)
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Next123 wrote: should i buy the "like new" or "new" watch?

I noticed on the "new" page - “These watches were brand new and have been returned to us by customers within 7 days of purchase. In excellent, like new condition.”

Isnt that refurb/open box? which is the same as like new?
Seller has the same description in the "refurbished" listing as well.
The "new other" listing is vulnerable to "item not as described" claims from the get-go (because "like new condition" is not "new other"), so that would essentially cover buyer's remorse (which isn't the case for "refurbished" listing).
Aug 12, 2011
631 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on 1.5 still as I like to keep the call feature. But I noticed step counting never goes up. It's at 0. I installed the latest Google fit on my phone then the watch started an endless error loop saying Google fit has stopped with an error. And it repeats this every 2 seconds even after I click ok. Anyone else have this? Is 1.5 step counting not supposed to work?
I have already tried reset and or reinstall from scratch and gave it all the permissions and still same thing every time
Jul 20, 2012
261 posts
161 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Seller has the same description in the "refurbished" listing as well.
The "new other" listing is vulnerable to "item not as described" claims from the get-go (because "like new condition" is not "new other"), so that would essentially cover buyer's remorse (which isn't the case for "refurbished" listing).
So you're saying the refurbished could be all scratched up, where as like new is basically mint condition guaranteed. If it were you to buy the watch all over again, which one would you choose?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
VitaXllent wrote: So you're saying the refurbished could be all scratched up, where as like new is basically mint condition guaranteed. If it were you to buy the watch all over again, which one would you choose?
Nope that's not what I am saying, I am saying that the seller described both as "7 days returns in a like new condition" (so refurb listing is also expected to be in a like new condition), that said, this is not a legit condition for items declared as "new other" (first listing), this puts the buyer in an advantage from the get go, since the seller acknowledged right in the listing that his "new other" item is actually "used-like new" which makes every buyer from this listing eligible for an "item not as described" claim.

Personally I would go with the refurbished listing (if I am positive about keeping the watch), the physical condition should be excellent as claimed by the seller (those that got scratches ones, they didn't specify which listing, were able to get a return label back without an issue).
Mar 7, 2011
160 posts
92 upvotes
Montreal
Hey guys,

I bought refurbished and there was not a scratch. Really pleased with the device and it was a good exercise before jumping on a $500 Apple Watch, which I may do next.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
Azlar99 wrote: Through the playstore on the watch.

Prove it, even the wiki says AW is only at 2.15.
Mar 15, 2017
374 posts
144 upvotes
WellHung wrote: Prove it, even the wiki says AW is only at 2.15.
Got 2.16 yesterday as well, what are you talking about??
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
KnockingTheDoors wrote: Got 2.16 yesterday as well, what are you talking about??
Relax i just googled latest awear and it showed me the wikipedia. ALso 2.16 is not the UI overhaul so who cares.
Aug 26, 2016
58 posts
34 upvotes
I received 2.16 this morning. I'm not sure what changes this update brings since the cloud icon is still there, no additional settings and no UI changes!
Mar 18, 2003
193 posts
128 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone had a similar situation described below?
Of late, i do not get notifications of sms messages on my watch. When i open the messages app on the watch, all the messages are there.
Other notifications such as emails, mydlink app etc come through fine on the phone as they also show up on the phone notification bar. A sms notificationn will show up on the phone as well as in the android messages webpage on my windows laptop ( could that be conflicting with the watch notifications?) but will not show up in the watch notifications.
I use android messages on my Pixel 2 xl phone on the Fido network which supports RCS.
My wear OS app version on my phone is 2.15.0.207193535.gms. The watch version is: 2.15.0.207732242
My watch is in airplane mode with both bluetooth and wifi turned on.
In the 'Notifications section of my phone' i found earlier that 'messages' was blocked from notifying the watch, but after deleting that and resetting both phone and watch, i still do not get sms notifications on the watch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)