Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2020 11:57 pm
Jr. Member
Feb 22, 2017
106 posts
46 upvotes
FYI the cloud icon goes away when I disconnect Bluetooth and connect only on wifi
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19713 posts
10769 upvotes
Kitchener
mtmp4k wrote: FYI the cloud icon goes away when I disconnect Bluetooth and connect only on wifi
Yup, that is the bug.
Jr. Member
Feb 22, 2017
106 posts
46 upvotes
FYI: You can hibernate the watch by going into the drop down, brightness and then hibernate. Instead of turning the watch completely off when going to sleep..why isn't this button easily available instead of having to dig it up. So far I'm impressed.

Can we make phone calls with this watch?
Jr. Member
Feb 22, 2017
106 posts
46 upvotes
What about the phone app on the watch? I tried it but people couldn't hear me
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19713 posts
10769 upvotes
Kitchener
mtmp4k wrote: What about the phone app on the watch? I tried it but people couldn't hear me
Its a known bug with WearOS 2.x, mic works with GA but doesn't work to pick up/make calls routed from/to the phone (not only the phone app but also VoIP apps).
Jr. Member
Feb 22, 2017
106 posts
46 upvotes
I shouldn't have updated to 2.0 then because I want the mic. Can we put a disclaimer in the first post or something? Becuase now I'll have to return/exchange the watch.
Member
Apr 16, 2017
222 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
mtmp4k wrote: FYI: You can hibernate the watch by going into the drop down, brightness and then hibernate. Instead of turning the watch completely off when going to sleep..why isn't this button easily available instead of having to dig it up. So far I'm impressed.

Can we make phone calls with this watch?
Cover the watch face with your palm, the entire watch face. Does the same thing I beleive.
Member
Jul 1, 2006
405 posts
113 upvotes
Brampton
aasoror wrote: Which face is that ? the stock faces can be linked to fit app on the watch (as part of the face customization, long press the face, press one of the tiles and select Google fit from there).
I was using facer watch face, which i guess only showed watch steps. any other faces beside default face to show fit steps?
Sr. Member
May 30, 2017
542 posts
163 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
Saw that someone on XDA managed to force NFC on this watch but hasn't actually tested it. Shame, because this watch would be a steal if it worked with Android Pay. I'm still in need of a cheap watch or fitness tracker with Android/Samsung Pay compatibility... don't want to spend more than $100 if possible. lol I don't like wearing stuff on my wrists.
Member
Oct 20, 2010
478 posts
105 upvotes
bugsbunny01 wrote: something odd happened to my Wear24 smart watch.
On monday night, i went to sleep, and there was 2% battery left. Woke up, watch was off. Put it charging. When it was done, grabbed it, and noticed all blacks had a greenish tint to it. restarted it, even reset the watch and the same thing. I did take a shower with it, but since it had water resistance rating i didnt worry about it too much. It still works fine, just has that green tint.
any idea?
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19713 posts
10769 upvotes
Kitchener
cellnerd wrote: Saw that someone on XDA managed to force NFC on this watch but hasn't actually tested it.
It was actually tested later on and it failed, apparently stock firmware missing required modules.
Shame, because this watch would be a steal if it worked with Android Pay.
Well, IMO given what you get for $85 (or even lower if you managed to stack the discounts) it is still a steal even without Android Pay or HRM, next cheapest option is 3X that price (Fossil Q Explorist $235 sale price) and still without Android Pay or HRM.
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19713 posts
10769 upvotes
Kitchener
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
19713 posts
10769 upvotes
Kitchener
mtmp4k wrote: I shouldn't have updated to 2.0 then because I want the mic. Can we put a disclaimer in the first post or something? Becuase now I'll have to return/exchange the watch.
I think many have considered this a "feature" and moved on :)
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/1 ... ix-months/

**disclaimer added to the setup guide
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2006
552 posts
123 upvotes
Anyone looking to buy one in Toronto? Have a chrome one I do not want anymore letting go for $80. Switched to iPhone and can't really get the best use out of the watch anymore.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)