Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 1:56 pm
Oct 20, 2010
486 posts
110 upvotes
vudeshie wrote: For some reason after the latest update to wear OS, my phone screen got all screwed up. It came back after it powered down but now it's gone in to a catatonic state. I think it was something during the upgrade. Now it's just a paperweight. Screen seems to completely gone screwy..... only lines..or nothing... Even when I let the battery run down completely and reboot
it happened to mine(the lines) and after a couple of days, it came on, green screen only(white letters). - this happened on august 1st.
I used it as is until last saturday, which when i looked at the watch and the colors were back to normal, just like that. Not sure what happened though...Battery also seems to last 2 days now instead of one with the same usage.
Nov 19, 2014
111 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Mine stopped charging after the update. More like it goes to 100% in one minute and goes to 1 pct in seconds.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
nebulous wrote: Mine stopped charging after the update. More like it goes to 100% in one minute and goes to 1 pct in seconds.
Try a different wall charger.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
Evil Baby wrote: Just keep checking, stocks comes back all the time.
It just did, both listing restocked.
Feb 26, 2014
375 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
After the latest update, I can't turn on my lights via google assistant through the watch. Anyone have the same issue?
The command works perfect through my google home, but when I try saying it to the watch, it'll just bring up a picture of a living room lamp lol
Nov 19, 2014
111 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal, QC
aasoror wrote: Try a different wall charger.
You mean the cable and adaptor or the part you put the watch on? I did not change that part, but I tried different cable, wall adaptor and even connected the USB to my PC.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
nebulous wrote: You mean the cable and adaptor or the part you put the watch on? I did not change that part, but I tried different cable, wall adaptor and even connected the USB to my PC.
I meant the cable and wall adapter, but since you already changed that you might want to consider the wireless charging base, amazon reviews is plagued with complaints about the moto 360 base included with the refurbished units, one very bad sign is overheating.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
steez03 wrote: After the latest update, I can't turn on my lights via google assistant through the watch. Anyone have the same issue?
The command works perfect through my google home, but when I try saying it to the watch, it'll just bring up a picture of a living room lamp lol
Someone mentioned (not sure if it was prior or post the update) that GA home automation needs region/language set to the US to work.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
7344 posts
848 upvotes
TO
aasoror wrote: I meant the cable and wall adapter, but since you already changed that you might want to consider the wireless charging base, amazon reviews is plagued with complaints about the moto 360 base included with the refurbished units, one very bad sign is overheating.
So the new listing comes with its original charger but refurbs are coming with moto? Which one would you recommend that won't overheat and work perfectly?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
TorontoEh wrote: So the new listing comes with its original charger but refurbs are coming with moto?
Nope, it's moto for everyone now, as I said before:
aasoror wrote: The ebay listings aren't really new, not sure why the seller decided to use this qualification even when people are no longer receiving "new in retail packaging" as of couple of months ago, even if you buy from the new listing you will receive the same refurbished product sold on amazon (reports are identical), only current reports of "like new" condition in resealed original packaging is for the refurbished rose gold listing.
TorontoEh wrote: Which one would you recommend that won't overheat and work perfectly?
You can only get "original" accessories with the refurb rosegold it seems, regardless it should be returnable if problematic (especially those "new" listing that are "not as advertised" right out of the box). You can also replace the wireless charger from Amazon, there is couple of reports in this thread about a working one just in case the moto one acts up.
Aug 8, 2013
166 posts
115 upvotes
Ottawa
So we should buy the refurbished listing since there's no difference but you'd save $5 right?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
Nimious wrote: So we should buy the refurbished listing since there's no difference but you'd save $5 right?
More or less yes.