Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 1:56 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2491 posts
1709 upvotes
Kitchener
Again, does this work with iOS?
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1875 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey guys,

Has anyone been able to get the Google Assistant on the watch to control a smart home devices (lights, plugs, tv)?

I use the same Google account on my watch as my Google Home Mini and Android phone. Both my Google Mini and Android phone's Google assistant easily control the devices around without any problem. But when I use the same commands through the Wear24, nothing happens and the watch just displays search results to what I said.

I followed the instructions on Google's website but sadly still the same search results appear and no home control: https://support.google.com/wearos/answe ... roid&hl=en
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1453 posts
683 upvotes
Edmonton
blackston3 wrote: Hey guys,

Has anyone been able to get the Google Assistant on the watch to control a smart home devices (lights, plugs, tv)?

I use the same Google account on my watch as my Google Home Mini and Android phone. Both my Google Mini and Android phone's Google assistant easily control the devices around without any problem. But when I use the same commands through the Wear24, nothing happens and the watch just displays search results to what I said.

I followed the instructions on Google's website but sadly still the same search results appear and no home control: https://support.google.com/wearos/answe ... roid&hl=en
I use home control all the time. TP-link and Lutron lights, Nest thermostats, etc. on the Wear24 via google assistant.

I will point out I do run into the same issue you described where it displays search results intermittently, usually when I use a slightly different phrasing - my theory is there are certain commands that the Wear/Assistant are expecting to be tied to other applications. I run into it regularly when I try and control spotify on my Google Homes through the Wear24. Even though every other Google Assistant product can handle me asking to play music, this one just gives me search results endlessly.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
661 upvotes
Ottawa
Guys beware the refurb sold on Amazon does not come with the correct charger.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
blackston3 wrote: Hey guys,

Someone reported earlier losing GA home control when he switched the language from "English-US" to "English-Canada" (on his phone) to get weather in C not F (on his watch).
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
huntclub wrote: Guys beware the refurb sold on Amazon does not come with the correct charger.
Comes with the same charger that comes with the "current" ebay listing (moto 360), some are actually zeroing it to the wall adapter not the wireless charger.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
sbobcat wrote: What media control apps you are using?
media as in audio/video ?
Stock wearOS supports spotify, google music, YT and chromcasting (you can't play on the watch but can control playback on linked devices).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9632 posts
2410 upvotes
Scarberia
pretty neat that u can open up the tiny cam pro app on the watch and view your security IP cam on the watch, ya its tiny ! i have it running on the wyzecam with xaomi hack! Keep an eye on my doggy
8F7B3EBD-3F1C-4A8B-9184-D21EC2ACEF68.jpeg
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
661 upvotes
Ottawa
aasoror wrote: Comes with the same charger that comes with the "current" ebay listing (moto 360), some are actually zeroing it to the wall adapter not the airless charger.
That sucks. Were the earlier eBay buyers able to get the stock adapter and charger?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19809 posts
10896 upvotes
Kitchener
huntclub wrote: That sucks. Were the earlier eBay buyers able to get the stock adapter and charger?
Yup, from Feb/March till July/August everyone was getting the retail packaging and all retail accessories. Then they run out of that and started sending the refurbished ones (just like what was offered on Amazon US and was just recently brought to Amazon CA).
Aug 11, 2005
474 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
NowJoJo wrote: Again, does this work with iOS?
I'm running it with an iPhone. It works, but you definitely run into some annoying limitations that I'm not sure would be there had it been an Android phone instead.
The most annoying one so far is changing the watch face as Android users can easily use apps like Facer and have a ton of watch face options. Also, no ability to take/receive calls or send messages as well. I have encountered very frequent disconnects between the iOS phone/watch and google searches lead me to believe this is an iOS issue. I was aware of many of these issues before I purchased, but it definitely is a bit frustrating knowing the potential of the watch.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2016 posts
121 upvotes
Calgary
Hi does anybody see battery life getting much worse?
I've had mine for couple months and on the latest wear OS.
It used to be able to last a full day without issue.
But now it would go to battery saving mode in the afternoon?
Dec 11, 2013
73 posts
22 upvotes
one watch 2.5 days the other 3 to 4 days for battery life. both are setup identical so it is definitely very obvious one is better than the other but always lasts consistently the same. Always lasts the full day.