Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Nov 12, 2006
28 posts
33 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Does anyone have issues with getting android messages to work? As soon as I go into that app it immediately crashes. Reinstalling the app hasn't resolved anything.
I also can't get my google assistant to work on this watch.

Are all smart watches buggy like this one?
Did you follow the stickied post about removing the Verizon apps, including Message+? I found Android messages was crashing until I rebooted the watch after deleting all those apps. See if that works.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Dark_fantom wrote: Anyone have any tips to get tiles working?
Did you get the update ? If not then there is nothing to be done, there is just a single report of a watch receiving the update so far, everyone else is still waiting.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Acewidpace wrote: They have silver and gold colour in stock but still no black option..
The black very sparingly comes, last time it was back in March.
TBH, owning both, the silver looks way more like a premium watch and less like a kid toy compared to the black.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
My watch has magically switched back to Celsius... weeks after I changed to English (Canada/UK) on my phone.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
redflagdealsguy wrote: My watch has magically switched back to Celsius... weeks after I changed to English (Canada/UK) on my phone.
It's the recent wearOS update. Already confirmed to fix that bug.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
aasoror wrote: It's the recent wearOS update. Already confirmed to fix that bug.
God bless.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1065 posts
543 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
aasoror wrote: Did you get the update ? If not then there is nothing to be done, there is just a single report of a watch receiving the update so far, everyone else is still waiting.
Ah ok I thought I was the only one. Hopefully it'll come later. Thanks!
*Determination.
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
aasoror wrote: The black very sparingly comes, last time it was back in March.
TBH, owning both, the silver looks way more like a premium watch and less like a kid toy compared to the black.
But the silver costs more. ;)
Jan 1, 2018
103 posts
45 upvotes
I ordered silver. Thanks!
Jan 1, 2014
313 posts
141 upvotes
BRAMPTON / DT
Looks Android Wear Watch Faces seems incompatible, is anyone else having this problem? I have my Wear24 on the latest update.
Apr 17, 2009
110 posts
128 upvotes
FYI, eBay currently has coupon for 10% off refurbished tech (PERKSREFURB) valid from May 15 to May 21. Additional 10% in eBay Bucks if you got the targeted email by shopping with mobile app (ends May 15 @ midnight).
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
I finally got the GPS to work. I needed to set both the phone and watch to Device only for the location. Odd sort of combination. That’s the only setting, of the nine possible, which works with Maps. Maybe other applications behave differently. Does the watch have its own gps capability, without activating the cell part?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
michaely wrote: FYI, eBay currently has coupon for 10% off refurbished tech (PERKSREFURB) valid from May 15 to May 21. Additional 10% in eBay Bucks if you got the targeted email by shopping with mobile app (ends May 15 @ midnight).
Seller just raised the price for the rose gold as well to offset the coupon, that's not nice considering Ebay covers the generic coupons.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
pmcd wrote: Does the watch have its own gps capability, without activating the cell part?
Yes, it does. That's what the "Device Only" setting is for.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
thunderowl wrote: Looks Android Wear Watch Faces seems incompatible, is anyone else having this problem? I have my Wear24 on the latest update.
odd, still marked compatible to me.
Jan 1, 2014
313 posts
141 upvotes
BRAMPTON / DT
aasoror wrote: odd, still marked compatible to me.
Note 9 running Pie. Maybe I'll try to contact the creators of the app.
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
thunderowl wrote: Looks Android Wear Watch Faces seems incompatible, is anyone else having this problem? I have my Wear24 on the latest update.
Works with mine. I have it installed.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote: Yes, it does. That's what the "Device Only" setting is for.
Thanks. On my Galaxy S7 phone there are three settings for Location. One is “device only”. The really accurate one uses Wi-Fi, cell and GPS I think. The watch Location will not work unless I set the phone to only use its GPS chip. Is that normal?

If the watch has its own gps chip then are there map applications that will work without a phone?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
thunderowl wrote: Note 9 running Pie. Maybe I'll try to contact the creators of the app.
It doesn't install on the phone, just the watch (either send it to the watch from playstore page on a PC or just open playstore on the watch itself). See below all devices but the watches were marked incompatible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)