Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 1:56 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19818 posts
10910 upvotes
Kitchener
Avenger wrote: I just wanted to follow up in here. I got mine with the genuine charger at the end of October. It no longer holds charge and drains from full in a matter of hours, sometimes even within the hour. My friend who got theirs in December is having the same issue.
Have you tried installing the battery app posted few pages back and see what the actual wear on the battery is like ?
Also how about the wearOS app battery usage graph ? anything odd going on the background ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8110 posts
1705 upvotes
Mississauga
aasoror wrote: Have you tried installing the battery app posted few pages back and see what the actual wear on the battery is like ?
Also how about the wearOS app battery usage graph ? anything odd going on the background ?
I will have to try the app to check the wear (unfortunately I did not do it right away when purchased). There was absolutely nothing peculiar or that stood our when I reviewed the usage. I was hoping it would be a rogue app or process :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26038 posts
11486 upvotes
Is anyone's watch like stupidly hot while charging?
It's not burning hot or anything but it's still surprisingly warmer than I was expecting.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
Anyone else ever have this problem... some days, my watch will look like it'll last 2 full days, at the end of the day, I have well over 50% left... other days, like today, I am 2.5 hours off the charger and sitting at 68%, hardly any notifications, same watch face I use when I get lots of time. It will shut itself down, while I work tonight, I will put it on the charger in the morning, and most likely tomorrow night, all will be good again. I am not sure if it is the charger, or the watch, but I have this happen about once every couple of weeks, where I get 2 days of really terrible battery life, and then it works great after that.
Still using the aftermarket dock, and charger they sent with it, from EBAY.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
Braindead wrote: 1A is fine. just make sure the watch is sitting properly in the charger. if its off-kilter, it still charges but generates a lot more heat doing so. same thing happens with my note3 and QI adapter pad if it doesnt sit right
How do you get it to sit properly in the charger all the time? I got the aftermarket charger, not the Verizon one, and the watch sits on it, but sometimes the face is slightly kiltered, as the watch band creates uneven weight. It is sitting against the back as far as I can tell though.

Jun 20, 2010
169 posts
23 upvotes
hey guys, a very basic question....has someone found a simple way to turn the watch off? rather than a multistep process (swapdown-settings-systems-shutdown)

i prefer to shut it down at night or when not in use
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1754 upvotes
My watch stopped charging all of a sudden, it has the aftermarket cradle but I'm using my own cable and 0.7amp adapter. I just got the watch a couple days ago. I'm not sure but the watch was pretty much fully charged so maybe that's why it's not charging. But the cradle itself won't even light up. Any suggestions?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11402 posts
2862 upvotes
So, yep, think my watch is toast, at work now, will try a reset tomorrow...
Today, it was on the charger all day, at first, it wouldn't even boot up when placed on the charger, this afternoon, take it off the charger at 4 pm, at 100%, holds for a few minutes, then about 10 minutes later, when I look at the watch, it's at 88%. 12% in 10 minutes??? WTF. What is the warranty period on these? I've done nothing different with the watch, but suddenly the battery is goofy AF.
My Huawatch, I am wearing tonight and it has lost 14% in the last 1.5 hours... which is not good either, same watch face as the Verizon, but the Huawatch has never been as good as the Verizon for battery life.
Not happy at all, love the Verizon watch but it's pretty much useless if I am only getting 5 or 6 hours life. I am using the same aftermarket, think it's a motorola charger dock. Doesn't get hot, shows that it is charging and shows 100% when it comes off the charger, cool as a cucumber.

Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1737 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
anti_maniac wrote: hey guys, a very basic question....has someone found a simple way to turn the watch off? rather than a multistep process (swapdown-settings-systems-shutdown)

i prefer to shut it down at night or when not in use
I just put it airplane mode and shut screen off which usually lose 10% overnight
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1849 posts
436 upvotes
I never used the power brick that came with my watch. Just attached it to my 5 port usb charging hub, knock on wood, charge cycles are normal, usually get 20 hrs everyday, but sometimes at around 15% the watch drains down right quick.

Tried so many watch faces, I say the odyssey face is still the best looking for me, simple, elegant and a bit futuristic, ambient mode with full color is still the best than other faces it tried.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1737 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
I do have a question on how often your watch gets disconnected and have to reconnect?

Also, I noticed that the rim gets scratched or dent easily which the screen protector won’t help. Don’t think there’s anything you can do on that right?
Apr 18, 2013
67 posts
15 upvotes
rubikas001 wrote: My watch stopped charging all of a sudden, it has the aftermarket cradle but I'm using my own cable and 0.7amp adapter. I just got the watch a couple days ago. I'm not sure but the watch was pretty much fully charged so maybe that's why it's not charging. But the cradle itself won't even light up. Any suggestions?
Same happened to my wife's watch that I just bought 2 days ago off Amazon. Sending it back.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1754 upvotes
adv1sory wrote:
Same happened to my wife's watch that I just bought 2 days ago off Amazon. Sending it back.
I think my watch is fine because I wasn't charging my watch when I noticed this, but I kept the cradle plugged in all night and the cradle itself won't even light on when it used to before. So I think the cradle is just bad. Another watch is coming in tomorrow so hopefully it has a better cradle like the original and I'll just return that watch with my broken one. If not I guess I'll buy I cradle off of Amazon.