Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 9:13 am
Jan 1, 2014
74 posts
13 upvotes
BRAMPTON / DT
aasoror wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:12 am
odd, still marked compatible to me.
Note 9 running Pie. Maybe I'll try to contact the creators of the app.
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1867 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:05 am
Yes, it does. That's what the "Device Only" setting is for.
Thanks. On my Galaxy S7 phone there are three settings for Location. One is “device only”. The really accurate one uses Wi-Fi, cell and GPS I think. The watch Location will not work unless I set the phone to only use its GPS chip. Is that normal?

If the watch has its own gps chip then are there map applications that will work without a phone?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19103 posts
10203 upvotes
Kitchener
thunderowl wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:23 am
Note 9 running Pie. Maybe I'll try to contact the creators of the app.
It doesn't install on the phone, just the watch (either send it to the watch from playstore page on a PC or just open playstore on the watch itself). See below all devices but the watches were marked incompatible.

[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19103 posts
10203 upvotes
Kitchener
pmcd wrote:
May 16th, 2019 2:11 am
If the watch has its own gps chip then are there map applications that will work without a phone?
Yup, couple were mentioned early in the thread with reports about excessive battery drain (which is expected).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... com.strava
Jan 1, 2014
74 posts
13 upvotes
BRAMPTON / DT
aasoror wrote:
May 16th, 2019 2:20 am
It doesn't install on the phone, just the watch (either send it to the watch from playstore page on a PC or just open playstore on the watch itself). See below all devices but the watches were marked incompatible.

Oh. I see. So I could just download watch faces available in the playstore then? Thanks a lot for clarifying this!
Mar 22, 2004
616 posts
32 upvotes
Ottawa
aasoror wrote:
May 16th, 2019 1:12 am
But the black isn't available ;)
LOL, good one. True, very true.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19103 posts
10203 upvotes
Kitchener
thunderowl wrote:
May 16th, 2019 3:17 am
Oh. I see. So I could just download watch faces available in the playstore then? Thanks a lot for clarifying this!
Depends on the specific face app, some have phone helper apps that needs to be installed on the phone (facer and watchmaker) some will just have the watch app with nothing to be installed on the phone.
Aug 17, 2015
209 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
aasoror wrote:
May 16th, 2019 2:21 am
Yup, couple were mentioned early in the thread with reports about excessive battery drain (which is expected).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... com.strava
Woah woah woah.....
I've had this watch for a couple weeks now and I didn't think it had built in GPS - this is something I definitely have to try out.

EDIT: I actually just installed Strava, left my phone in the house, jumped in the truck and went for about a 3 mile drive and the watch GPS tracked everything PERFECTLY!

Color me impressed!
Aug 6, 2009
357 posts
103 upvotes
I got this watch a few days ago and liking it so far, especially the ability to change faces. I have a question though regarding the battery usage. I still see Cell Standby in the battery usage section. It says it is consuming about 37%. I disabled the Cellular service as posted on the front page. Is it normal to see Cell Standy in that section? Thanks guys.
Nov 2, 2018
202 posts
164 upvotes
Picked one up when it was on sale for $45.

Gotta say I also have a much more expensive Michael Kors Smartwatch and I'm actually very impressed with this one. It feels very nice on the hand and the watchfaces included are also very nice.
Mar 24, 2011
721 posts
116 upvotes
Vancouver
How does this compare with the Garmin Vivoactive 3 or the new Forerunner 245? I am looking for a watch to get back into shape and track my sleep/HR/running etc. Preferably one with good gps accuracy and also music storage? I don't really dig the look of the Vivoactive 3 Music, the Vivoactive 3 is better and the Forerunner 245 which is new, looks good but it's much more expensive. Any ideas on the Samsung Galaxy watch?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19103 posts
10203 upvotes
Kitchener
olwe wrote:
May 18th, 2019 7:51 pm
Is it normal to see Cell Standy in that section?
Nope, once the LTE profile is deleted and the cellular is disabled (from settings -> connectivity), it will remain disabled across reboots and there should be no "cell standby" component on the battery usage report.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)