Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 1:56 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
hyperactiveme wrote: @aasoror any other smartwatches you'd suggest that area similar since this is oos .
Nothing at this price.
Best next best thing would be the Tecwatch E (when in sale for $160 something).
Feb 2, 2011
203 posts
58 upvotes
New Westminster
aasoror wrote: few rubs with a microfiber cloth (damped with some hot water) should do the trick.

The OEM adapter is 5V@1.2A, so you might want to match that, alternatively you can check the power specs of the Moto360 doc and try to match that. With the OEM dock it only overheated on me with a low amperage PC port (standard USB 2.0).
Dear Aasoror - many thanks 3000+ posts, I just wanted to add my heartfelt thanks for all your suggestions and tips, and there's gold in the thread, as my watch drained yesterday to 0% and wouldn't recharge, I tried the usual usb work outlet, which I used in the past with the Moto Dock, - standard output of maybe 500 mah. So next, I used an AC adapter ( plantronic voyager 750 mah) it worked! - revived my smartwatch but I have a 1.2 a charger I'm going to try, your suggestion, as well, to see if it charges quicker. I do notice the temperature when charging reads about 109, I use the Facer app that shows battery temperature. - thanks for all the tips cheers
Oct 22, 2002
122 posts
3 upvotes
GTA
Didn't see this covered earlier, but for me the cloud icon is not just a cosmetic nuisance. When connected via Bluetooth, the cloud icon is there, and on the swipe right page I get a few basic non contextual shortcuts. When connected via Wifi, the cloud icon disappears and on that same screen I get the full Google Now info (weather, tomorrow's events, flights etc)

Is this the case for everyone else?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
mrgreenjeans wrote: Is this the case for everyone else?
Nope, it's purely cosmetic here. See below.

screen (1).png
screen (2).png

Edit: ah ok I see what you are saying

screen (3).png
screen (4).png

Yet still, clicking the weather shortcut will bring up the weather correctly and the calendar is still accessible over BT, just seems functionality differ slightly with/without cloud sync (which in itself isn't a bug because cloud sync is only used when the phone isn't reachable over BT).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
factory reset, paired, now its on the checking for updates spinning logo! taking forever! is that normal? thx
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka2017 wrote: factory reset, paired, now its on the checking for updates spinning logo! taking forever! is that normal? thx
Do you have wifi enabled or the watch is connected only over BT? transfers over BT are painfully slow you need to make sure watch is connected via wifi and just leave it on the charger.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2298 posts
1316 upvotes
Montreal
Where can we buy a replacement battery for this watch?
Nov 20, 2017
813 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
xblackdemonx wrote: Where can we buy a replacement battery for this watch?
I wouldn't hold out much hope for any official batteries since its well discontinued.

Perhaps some ebay aftermarket ones.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
aasoror wrote: Do you have wifi enabled or the watch is connected only over BT? transfers over BT are painfully slow you need to make sure watch is connected via wifi and just leave it on the charger.
ah thats why, i have the watch connnected to BT to my phone..maybe i'll just update via wifi with the watch first, then pair with phone?
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka2017 wrote: ah thats why, i have the watch connnected to BT to my phone..maybe i'll just update via wifi with the watch first, then pair with phone?
You don't need to re-pair, just get back to the watch settings and connect to your wifi.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
EananC641158 wrote: I wouldn't hold out much hope for any official batteries since its well discontinued.

Perhaps some ebay aftermarket ones.
You can probably source the batteries from some place, but the problem is with the way the watch is designed, you can't access the battery without destroying the watch.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9642 posts
2416 upvotes
Scarberia
aasoror wrote: You don't need to re-pair, just get back to the watch settings and connect to your wifi.
i see, so i factory resetted again lol..now i used the wearOS app on my phone to connect and pair...so now im in the wearOS screen saying" getting your watch details" on my phone, while the watch is on the charger with the checking for updates!

so do i just goto settings on the watch and try to connect to my homes wifi? won't it say something bout enter the password on your phone? i didn't see any thing on my phone lol

nm: i think its wrapping up.. using wearOS app on phone is the key,,,its saying up to 5 mins to finishing up... finally!

for most users, i dont think they would know how to pair and setup, thats why verizon ditched this product..its NOT user friendly to the masses, too bad theres no camera on this...be good to take some sneaky shots :D

can't get the media control app on watch to play and control music on my phone...it shows the screen art of each song but when i hit play or pause it doesn't do anything...my phone is android 9 f1 play , maybe incompatible with android 9 phone? it was working with my nexus 6 on lollipop 7.0? nougat

i had tiny cam pro installed on my phone and watch and u can watch your live feed from the watch! i thought that was one of the best parts of having this watch!
Last edited by mikka2017 on Jun 11th, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19812 posts
10909 upvotes
Kitchener
mikka2017 wrote: for most users, i dont think they would know how to pair and setup,
That's standard Android devices setup scenario, you follow the prompts and swipe through, if people can setup a smartphone, a google home mini, a chrome cast .. etc then there should be no problem setting up a WearOS smart watch.
thats why verizon ditched this product..its NOT user friendly to the masses, too bad theres no camera on this...be good to take some sneaky shots :D
Nope, it flipped because once LTE is enabled the $350 USD watch only lasted couple of hours before the need to be recharged, it was simply unacceptable (usability under the initial Android Wear 1.5 weren't as good either).
Feb 2, 2011
203 posts
58 upvotes
New Westminster
Aasoror, and fellow owners that are charging with Motodock what temp are you getting? With a 750mA AC Brick 109 temp, when I went with a 1.2mA AC Brick 129 temp - just one trial tho . I'm planning to charge to 85% and recharge when down to 20% to extend the battery life and hopefully not overheat the battery too much...
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg