Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 1:56 pm
Dec 10, 2006
559 posts
122 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm on Android Wear 2.24.0.252398523 and still have that cloud with a line through it always displayed on my phone. I thought this was supposed to be fixed months ago. Is this a watch issue, or just a watch face issue maybe? I'm using Portions watch face and really like it.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
NathanCS wrote: I thought this was supposed to be fixed months ago.
Nope, Google never said they fixed it, they just acknowledged the bug and assigned a dev to it, the issue is still frequently reported on the official bug tracker https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/77939918
Is this a watch issue,
Nope, it's a wearOS issue, many other watches are affected. Over the various updates it went from a permanent to intermittent (last night it was there on my watch, today, since the watch was powered up early morning, it hasn't return)
or just a watch face issue maybe? I'm using Portions watch face and really like it.
The only watch face reported to not have the issue is this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... face&hl=en
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1791 posts
2445 upvotes
BC
Anyone find a metal band that swaps nicely on this? Silver face with silver band would be sleek. I've read of the decreased connectivity and gap from the face with Aftermarket bands
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
peakingduck wrote: Anyone find a metal band that swaps nicely on this? Silver face with silver band would be sleek. I've read of the decreased connectivity and gap from the face with Aftermarket bands
Any 20mm band should work: https://www.amazon.ca/Fullmosa-Quick-Re ... B07F29V7JN
That said, you need to deal with the reduced range (because the stock band has BT/WiFi antennas in it) and the exposed connectors on the watch case.
Jul 17, 2017
33 posts
16 upvotes

Installed Feel the Wear app and this happened where the bottom half fkickers. Factory reset didn't help. Any suggestions?
Last edited by aasoror on Jun 17th, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed image
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
Rbwilliams07 wrote: Installed Feel the Wear app and this happened where the bottom half fkickers. Factory reset didn't help. Any suggestions?
I think it's just a coincidence, the watch seems to be damaged, any user installed apps are cleared by a factory reset and these aren't system apps so they can't really do permanent damage.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
Gydeon709 wrote: I go to "Sim Info" and it says "SIM info cant function without the phone permission" with a check mark and an X. I can't click the check mark only the X makes it disappear.
I stumbled upon this issue, and the way to resolve it is to actually "give the app phone permission". Go through Settings -> Apps -> System Apps -> SIM Info -> Permission -> enable "Phone", then reboot the watch.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
382 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Original watch band broke so I bought a leather one off Amazon. Watch feels much better on my wrist now however should I silicone over the exposed connections
Images
  • 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190621220324449_COVER.jpg
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
hyperactiveme wrote: Original watch band broke so I bought a leather one off Amazon. Watch feels much better on my wrist now however should I silicone over the exposed connections
You should certainly do so ASAP, the watch is no longer water resistant.
How is BT and WiFi now that you have removed the antenna?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
382 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
aasoror wrote: You should certainly do so ASAP, the watch is no longer water resistant.
How is BT and WiFi now that you have removed the antenna?
Haven't tested it vigorously as my phone is always in my pocket so connection doesn't seem an issue. Vibration notification does seem softer though. Didn't think that was possible Winking Face

I used Silicone to fill the void
Images
  • 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190622113934640_COVER.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2639 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
So I am setting up my new phone this weekend and wanted to avoid having to factory reset my watch. Found and tried this: https://www.xda-developers.com/pair-and ... ory-reset/ which seems to have worked! So far so good, kept all my watch faces and apps. Notifications have been working.

Used Minimal ADB since I already had it installed. And when copying and pasting the commands, make sure to remove the " quotation marks.

UPDATE: So an update on this. Has some caveats. I started getting pairing notifications on my old phone, despite the watch currently being connected to new phone. Just ignored or dismissed, but it kept happening. So I tried forgetting the watch in the Wear OS app on old phone. Didn't solve anything. Uninstalled Wear OS on old phone, still getting prompted. Cleared Bluetooth cache on old phone and that seems to have finally stopped the pairing attempts.

On the new phone in the Wear OS app I've noticed that I don't have the image of my watch showing anymore, and the Google Assistant settings are gone. Google Assistant on the watch still functions, but still... I found a reddit thread that suggested clearing the watch bluetooth settings via adb too, so I might give that a try and see if it makes any difference. Otherwise, I may end up having to do a reset on the watch anyway.

Will update with results.
Last edited by frugal_fanboy on Jun 26th, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
Just a quick FYI, PM'ed the ebay seller asking about restocking black/silver and apparently the channels have finally dried up (seems to be the case for Amazon as well).
Hi,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately i can not confirm if we will be getting any more of these watches in stock in black or silver.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Best regards,
I guess it was a good run ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
382 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
aasoror wrote: Just a quick FYI, PM'ed the ebay seller asking about restocking black/silver and apparently the channels have finally dried up (seems to be the case for Amazon as well).

I guess it was a good run ;)
I figured as much. Ordered a refurb frontier. Once it comes in this will get passed down.
Oct 4, 2008
777 posts
293 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
aasoror wrote: I stumbled upon this issue, and the way to resolve it is to actually "give the app phone permission". Go through Settings -> Apps -> System Apps -> SIM Info -> Permission -> enable "Phone", then reboot the watch.
You know what, this actually worked for me.
At first it didn't but then I read the instruction again "reboot the watch".
After I did that, it still had the cloud icon.
Then I paired with the phone - still had the cloud icon.
Then I forgot about it for an hour or so, looked at it again, huh! Cloud icon has finally vanished.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19850 posts
10967 upvotes
Kitchener
Grunchy wrote: You know what, this actually worked for me.
At first it didn't but then I read the instruction again "reboot the watch".
After I did that, it still had the cloud icon.
Then I paired with the phone - still had the cloud icon.
Then I forgot about it for an hour or so, looked at it again, huh! Cloud icon has finally vanished.
nah, that's just a placebo, that permission trick is just to allow SIM Info to work properly, give it some time and cloud icon will come back :)