Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2020 6:25 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19705 posts
10761 upvotes
Kitchener
Azlar99 wrote: he says "new". Is that true as in new like the original stock back in March/April of 2018 and earlier? He doesn't mention it comes with no charger....
how did package show up? What film was on the screen?
If the photos are any indication then it's the moto 360 charger, not stock one, so these can't be new, just refurb.
Also, the listing says "charger $20" that might indicate "an extra $20", shipping is also extra on top of that and there is no buyer protection whatsoever.
May 25, 2017
20 posts
13 upvotes
Azlar99 wrote: he says "new". Is that true as in new like the original stock back in March/April of 2018 and earlier? He doesn't mention it comes with no charger....
how did package show up? What film was on the screen?

Came in bubble wrap same as how I received my wifes rose gold one I bought on eBay. No physical signs of use. And definitely does not come with charger as I received them yesterday, but I've got my wife's on to use.
Jul 9, 2014
607 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I would not suggest this watch. The watch charge too hot, some time it does not charge at all. I complaint to the seller and the seller blocked me out.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3032 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
cam1982 wrote: I would not suggest this watch. The watch charge too hot, some time it does not charge at all. I complaint to the seller and the seller blocked me out.
It depends. But on what?

Mine has overheated a few times but not recently. Here's my superstitious approach:
  • Be careful to seat the watch perfectly in the charger.
  • Use the genuine charger (easy for me to say -- mine came with one)
  • Be wary of taking it off the charger when fully charged and then immediately returning it to the charger
  • use a good-enough AC-to-DC wart and a good-enough USB cable. Too bad I don't know what "good-enough" means.
May 10, 2018
26 posts
39 upvotes
Ordered the rose gold watch and it came in bubble wrap with a plastic white cradle charger:

1st evening - Out of the box it paired easily to my Samsung S9+ but the battery was draining fast, updated to WEAR OS current version and it fixed the battery drain issue, installed a bunch of apps and played around with settings, then came time to charge it and the troubles began....

Day1 - Picking it from the charger the watch was burning hot to the touch and the battery level was at 45%. Erratic behavior started occurring (disconnections from the Bluetooth/WI-FI, missing notifications, laggy input, inability to track location, etc), the battery was down to 15% by 3pm but lasted impressively to 5pm

2nd Evening - Charged the watch for one hour after work, performed a full reset to try to fix the issues, goodbye touch screen and goodbye watch! It no longer registers touch....and to reset the watch requires (you guessed it) a touch input to access safe mode, D'oh.

Summary, it seemed like a nice quality watch but I feel that the charger damaged the watch, so beware
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19705 posts
10761 upvotes
Kitchener
buffego wrote: Summary, it seemed like a nice quality watch but I feel that the charger damaged the watch, so beware
Ouch :( .. yes, excessive overheat will definitely kill the watch, the aftermarket/moto 360 chargers are notorious for overheating. That said, many were able to work around that by changing the watch placement on the cradle (pin side down) and/or using a different USB cable, and/or using a regulated USB power adapter.

Try contacting the seller, after all it was the charger he sent you that killed the watch.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2901 posts
1607 upvotes
Kitchener
Damn, it sure had come down in price....wow.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11367 posts
2819 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Ouch :( .. yes, excessive overheat will definitely kill the watch, the aftermarket/moto 360 chargers are notorious for overheating. That said, many were able to work around that by changing the watch placement on the cradle (pin side down) and/or using a different USB cable, and/or using a regulated USB power adapter.

Try contacting the seller, after all it was the charger he sent you that killed the watch.
Worst thing is, I bought this rose gold one, and used it on my OEM verizon charger that I bought (separately) when I got my black one, watch got extremely hot, kept rebooting, etc... finally got it working, but still charges hot.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19705 posts
10761 upvotes
Kitchener
DarrenN301729 wrote: Is it possible to get battery changed?
Not as far as I can tell from the few pictures posted with the back removed on XDA.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11367 posts
2819 upvotes
Anyone having issues with their watch all of the sudden, where no matter what face you set, it goes back to that ugly default white one, with the gold arms? I have used Facer forever, and suddenly today, no matter what face I set, whether with Facer or another app, or face, after about 15 minutes, I look at the watch and it's back to that default face. I hardly wear this one anymore, usually wearing my Huawatch 2, but it didn't get plugged in yesterday so I had to resort back to this wear24, it's driving me nuts.
I have restarted it, same issue, have not yet done a reset though.

Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1665 posts
271 upvotes
I received a new android phone and reset my watch back to factory default. I am trying to find a watch face that I had previously but I can't remember what it was. I don't think I had any facer or other apps installed on my old phone so I think the face I'm looking for is one of the standard faces that comes with the watch. I'm looking for the face that was white on black and when you moved your wrist the background colour was black and the writing was purple. If I had a meeting in my calendar, there was a line around the circumference of the watch to show which hours my meetings were. Any idea how I get that watch face ?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12837 posts
13565 upvotes
This watch is great, but as we walk confidently from 2019 to 2020, I feel I need a refresh.

It bugs me that I need to take it off for formal business events..

It's too spartan and utilitarian, the Samsung watches look more business appropriate.

If you're not in stuffy business events often, or you're in a more casual industry, the Wear24 is a great choice.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11367 posts
2819 upvotes
I find the black actually business enough to wear for some functions, I have my huawatch 1, in stainless steel for really formal events.