Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2020 4:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7016 posts
2666 upvotes
Calgary
aasoror wrote: If that was one of the returns then it probably has the underlying Android already updated, so you are only updating the wearOS and google play apk that usually takes about 20 minutes or so (using BT, should be even faster over wifi).
Thanks for your reply. An hour after I made that post the watch finally finished updating. Now just have to get an original charging cradle so not to burn the watch out prematurely.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
20657 posts
11915 upvotes
Kitchener
althetrainer wrote: Thanks for your reply. An hour after I made that post the watch finally finished updating. Now just have to get an original charging cradle so not to burn the watch out prematurely.
Have you tried placing the watch on the cradle button down? also try a different adapter (lower amperage or, even better, regulated) and/or a different USB cable.

The OEM cradle (provides regulated 5V/0.72A) has been as low as $15 CADs shipped a few months back, but the current options might no be as viable given how cheap the watch has been.

It's about $20 USD if you have a US shipping address and $30 USD otherwise.
https://www.amazon.ca/Verizon-Charging- ... B07FQQLBBH
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7016 posts
2666 upvotes
Calgary
aasoror wrote: Have you tried placing the watch on the cradle button down? also try a different adapter (lower amperage or, even better, regulated) and/or a different USB cable.

The OEM cradle (provides regulated 5V/0.72A) has been as low as $15 CADs shipped a few months back, but the current options might no be as viable given how cheap the watch has been.

It's about $20 USD if you have a US shipping address and $30 USD otherwise.
https://www.amazon.ca/Verizon-Charging- ... B07FQQLBBH
I used the no name brick they sent me to do the initial update. It heated up the watch so much that I almost freaked out. Ever since, I have been charging the watch using my laptop. Never thought about charging it button down. Interesting. I tried it just now, charged from 90% to 99%, still very warm but not hot like before. Don't know if it's the charging position or short duration that made the difference. Will have to try again when the battery goes below 50%.

Yea, I have been searching for an OEM charging cradle but as you're correct, with shipping and all the cradle is more expensive than the watch itself. Will continue to look with my fingers crossed.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
212 posts
63 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
frugal_fanboy wrote: So I am setting up my new phone this weekend and wanted to avoid having to factory reset my watch. Found and tried this: https://www.xda-developers.com/pair-and ... ory-reset/ which seems to have worked! So far so good, kept all my watch faces and apps. Notifications have been working.

Used Minimal ADB since I already had it installed. And when copying and pasting the commands, make sure to remove the " quotation marks.

UPDATE: So an update on this. Has some caveats. I started getting pairing notifications on my old phone, despite the watch currently being connected to new phone. Just ignored or dismissed, but it kept happening. So I tried forgetting the watch in the Wear OS app on old phone. Didn't solve anything. Uninstalled Wear OS on old phone, still getting prompted. Cleared Bluetooth cache on old phone and that seems to have finally stopped the pairing attempts.

On the new phone in the Wear OS app I've noticed that I don't have the image of my watch showing anymore, and the Google Assistant settings are gone. Google Assistant on the watch still functions, but still... I found a reddit thread that suggested clearing the watch bluetooth settings via adb too, so I might give that a try and see if it makes any difference. Otherwise, I may end up having to do a reset on the watch anyway.

Will update with results.
I just replaced my phone and I'm struggling to pair this watch again with the WearOS App on my phone.

How did you make out? The OP suggested just resetting the watch as the shortcut may not be so perfect.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
20657 posts
11915 upvotes
Kitchener
blueco wrote: How did you make out? The OP suggested just resetting the watch as the shortcut may not be so perfect.
Correct, it's the proper way to do it, Android watches are not standalone watches but rather phone peripherals, if your access to the phone with which the watch is paired goes so must your paired account on the watch.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
212 posts
63 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
aasoror wrote: Correct, it's the proper way to do it, Android watches are not standalone watches but rather phone peripherals, if your access to the phone with which the watch is paired goes so must your paired account on the watch.
Thank you. From your posts, you sure know a lot about this stuff.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2642 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
blueco wrote: I just replaced my phone and I'm struggling to pair this watch again with the WearOS App on my phone.

How did you make out? The OP suggested just resetting the watch as the shortcut may not be so perfect.
I ended up just doing a reset in the end. I wanted everything to work without having to fuss and everything else syncs across when you re-pair anyway. The only thing I'd been concerned with was a watch face but I found it.

I'd only recommend a reset at this point. There's no benefit or need to try and kludge it otherwise.
Dec 2, 2019
80 posts
46 upvotes
Man, I bought one of these things here for my mom and it has been a nightmare to set up. Keeps disconnecting from Wifi, can't send texts or make calls. I was able to make texts and calls before the update to 2.0, but now no joy. I have a feeling these things were returned en masse and that's why we're seeing such low prices here. I'm pretty tech savvy but I've spend more than 5 hours trying to fix this thing. Arg, why does Google release these OSs with so many bugs?
I like coupons and turtles.
Dec 2, 2019
80 posts
46 upvotes
blueco wrote: I just replaced my phone and I'm struggling to pair this watch again with the WearOS App on my phone.

Did you try adding a new watch? I was able to pair again on the phone by disconnecting and then adding a new watch by clicking on the top left of the Wear OS app.
Dec 2, 2019
80 posts
46 upvotes
aasoror wrote: it's a wearOS specific issue (not specific to the wear24) apparently google has no interest in fixing that.
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/77939918
I think I'm having the same issue. I'm constantly losing connectivity and any time I try to get it to make a call or text I get: "Something went wrong. This device cannot perform the action you requested". I installed the Messages for Wear OS app on both phone and watch. Turned off cellular service. Disabled Messages+.

Any other thoughts on how to get these things working?
Jan 11, 2004
255 posts
152 upvotes
The band is a little too short for my wrist FML. Ive read mixed experience with people who have replaced it. Has any RFDer changed their band?
May 13, 2017
37 posts
17 upvotes
did anyone experiencing no vibration for notifications?
i have feel the wear installed and it work for the whole time... and all of sudden the watch just stop vibrating
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1479 posts
148 upvotes
LazerHawk wrote: Did you try adding a new watch? I was able to pair again on the phone by disconnecting and then adding a new watch by clicking on the top left of the Wear OS app.

curious, can I add 2 watch on a single phone on waer os app?? or just 1 mean I have to drop the old one first??
Dec 2, 2019
80 posts
46 upvotes
softech wrote:
curious, can I add 2 watch on a single phone on waer os app?? or just 1 mean I have to drop the old one first??
I think you can only pair 1? Sorry
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3089 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver
softech wrote: curious, can I add 2 watch on a single phone on waer os app?? or just 1 mean I have to drop the old one first??
In the wear os app on my phone i see an option to "add a watch" even though I already have one attached. So I assume you're able to have more than 1 watch connected to the app. Obviously you can only connect to one at a time though.