Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
GiOBoY wrote: It took me a total of 5 attempts to update this thing and it finally went through. What a PITA!

After the OS upgrade to 7.1.1 this feels closer to a $300 device now.
yup so annoying how it takes so god damn long to do system update and it redownloads if it fails to install! pita...mine was successful after2nd attempt...just wished the speakers on watch were louder, its so tinny...its nice to play mp3s from playmusic, it doesn't have a shuffle mode tho¿? Using this face
C0EB0415-3AC7-4297-ADF4-24E313CF4AB3.jpeg
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 29, 2015
480 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aasoror wrote: So now when you reboot and go to connectivity, do you see "Cellular" disabled or not ? If it's disabled and survives reboot then you are good to go.
Perfect. Thanks aasoror. I rebooted and I am getting the verizon carrier has been disabled.

Another quick question. I have another watch that I want to keep using Wear OS 1.5. - is there a way to disable the automatic OTA updates so it doesnt go to OS 2.XX. I also need the ADB commands to remove the bloated software for myverizon and messages+
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
some wear24 apps to use! find my parked car , bring! , calendar wear , uber

it doesn't have camera? so some apps like stocard is not supported

also need to find a nice launcher but its limited apps
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jan 25, 2012
324 posts
101 upvotes
The Listens for Alexa app allows you to speak to the watch like you're speaking to an Amazon Echo. It installs directly on the watch.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
iceman2015 wrote: Another quick question. I have another watch that I want to keep using Wear OS 1.5. - is there a way to disable the automatic OTA updates so it doesnt go to OS 2.XX.
I think you still need to "install" the update, so as long as you don't click that it wont install on its own.
I also need the ADB commands to remove the bloated software for myverizon and messages+
You don't need to do it over adb, just go to Settings -> Apps and you can disable them right from the watch.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
rdfnewbe wrote: The Listens for Alexa app allows you to speak to the watch like you're speaking to an Amazon Echo. It installs directly on the watch.
too bad it doesn't work with google hom/mini? i wanna turn on/off lights and my computer! im trying to setup that IFTTT app with wemo but not successfull
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Only thing I noticed is my watch battery gets hitb pretty good.

I can't reconnect the watch to my phone after my phone's been disconnected from the car.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
hyperactiveme wrote: I can't reconnect the watch to my phone after my phone's been disconnected from the car.
Might be a phone issue, watch connected over BT data and is indifferent to other devices connected to the phone.
Dec 24, 2011
379 posts
113 upvotes
Pickering
My watch is connected to phone and car on same time on 8 plus
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
So i felt like an idiot today. Was at the movies and forgot I have my watch set to always on. Couldn't find where in the menu quickly to turn that off and didn't want to pull my phone out to do it. Oh well, will have to remember for next time.

Still looking for a good watch front. I don't mind one of the default ones but I'd rather see more useful information on the watch than my workout hours for the day.

Also, I don't think my watch is notifying me when my phone rings. Works great with text messages but not for phone calls.
Jan 1, 2016
318 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Could someone post a link to a good screen protector, thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3875 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
could someone please tell me what watch face would have regularly changing display pics of landscapes/abstract/photography using wifi?
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1581 posts
858 upvotes
Edmonton
mikka2017 wrote: too bad it doesn't work with google hom/mini? i wanna turn on/off lights and my computer! im trying to setup that IFTTT app with wemo but not successfull
?? The watch has built in google assistant, so you can just talk to it like your Google Home/Mini (or hold the button). Then it'll do everything you have setup on your account. I can turn on my TV, lights, heating, all from the watch.

TO be honest thats the most useful thing about this watch. Finding there isn't really that many things you can do on this phone aside from that and using a clunky messages app.
Aug 30, 2013
1 posts
Markham
Could anyone tell me how can i use my own sim card on this watch?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
zdpz wrote: could someone please tell me what watch face would have regularly changing display pics of landscapes/abstract/photography using wifi?
This ? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... face&hl=en
Feb 5, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
I was hoping to use Google Assistant but the wifi is disconnected whenever I open it. Eventually the wifi reconnects but by that point I'm so frustrated that I've just opened the app on my phone instead...

Is this wifi issue a defect in both of my two watches, or am I using the wrong settings in terms of power saving?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
VincentG290105 wrote: I was hoping to use Google Assistant but the wifi is disconnected whenever I open it. Eventually the wifi reconnects but by that point I'm so frustrated that I've just opened the app on my phone instead...

Is this wifi issue a defect in both of my two watches, or am I using the wrong settings in terms of power saving?
Do you have BT on ? auto disconnecting wifi for battery saving is expected, but as long as BT is on and the phone is reachable watch wont switch wifi on (unless processing a data intensive task) but GA should still work over BT.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
wifi is slowAF on watch...it's 2.5ghz band...takes forever to dload apps from google play store...it's cool to use google assistant paired with google mini...is there a way to sideload apk files without Rooting¿? Rooting involvs taking apart watch....I don't wanna mess with that....stillcannot connect wear OS with iPhone 8 plus