Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3811 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
Glancealot wrote: Guide to install any app on your wear24 watch.

1, your watch must be connected to your home wifi network, you need to figure out its bogon IP on the router, it should be something like 192.168.0.*** where *** is a number. this step will be different for everybody, I am going to describe what I did, hopefully it will be similar to what you will have to do.

on computer, open chrome browser, type 192.168.0.1, this brings up the router log in page. log in with info written on my router. click on wireless, click on access control, click "show connected devices", it will show the IP Address associated with your watch. for me this step is actually a little more tedious as explained below

I actually see two devices with generic names "android-******", therefore I had to print screen of all connected devices, disconnect my wear24 watch, then refresh and compare the before and after list to figure out which one on the original list was my watch. then I re-connect my watch and record its ip address. for discussion purposes, let's use my watch's bogon IP address: 192.168.0.25.

2, download mfastboot-v2.zip from here

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934532795

if this link above expires, google mfastboot-v2.zip and i am sure you can find a valid one somewhere.

the zip is 1.36MB and should contain the following 7 files:

AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
linux-fastboot
mfastboot.exe
osx-fastboot
aapt.exe
adb.exe

extract all contents to a new folder on your desktop, let's call this folder WATCH folder from now on.

3, download the apk of whatever app that you would like to install on your watch, likely this would be an app that cannot be installed easily onto your watch, this is usually associated with some of the following:

a, when you search for it under play store on your watch, you cannot find the app.

b, when you try to remotely install it onto your watch using the play store "select a device that you would like to install this app to" list, it says "this app is not compatible", as shown here

I don't know what app you want to install, but let's use wechat as an example. the google store page associated with wechat is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tencent.mm

google "wechat apk download", click on the apkpure.com link, choose the download link and download the apk file into WATCH folder, shorten the name to W.apk

4, on your watch, press the dial, go to settings, go to system, go to about, tap on build number for 7 times and this will enable developer options. now go to where you selected system before, you will see a new option called developer options, click on it and enable both adb debugging, debugging over wifi.

5, on PC, hold down Shift key and right mouse click in WATCH folder and select "Open command window here" (make sure you don't have any file highlighted), in the command window, type

adb connect 192.168.0.25

then on your watch, tap on "allow"

then within the commad window, it will say something like this:

* daemon not running. starting it now on port ****
* daemon started successfully *
connected to 192.168.0.25:****

next, type:

adb install W.apk

then wait patiently as the computer will wirelessly push the apk onto the watch and install the apk, this is all done behind the scene, there is no progress bar or percentage bar, you are stuck with a blink cursor in the command window, just be patient.

for me it took almost 2 minutes.

you should see something like this at the end:

592 KB/s (65321831 bytes in 107.601s)
Success

Congrats, now you have wechat installed on your watch!

see picture below:

also, regarding the "gets hot while charging" problem. it is no longer happening after following the two steps below:

1, turn on airplane mode, turn off wifi, turn off bluetooth, turn off location

2, use the original wall adapter
thanks for this...not for the faint of heart :)
Feb 23, 2008
76 posts
96 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SickBeast wrote: I'm wondering if ebay or PayPal buyer protection could help you.
Ok thanks, I hope you're right, I contacted the seller, we'll see how it goes.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Image

Edit: ouch .. no electronics!
ouch, indeed...
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5265 posts
1623 upvotes
SK
Albuca wrote: Go to Settings > About > Build number
Tap Build number seven times (you'll see a little toast message pop up letting you know it was successful)
Go back to Settings, where you'll find the Developer options entry in the menu, at the very bottom.
Thank you. That worked.
shopper-X
Oct 4, 2017
324 posts
132 upvotes
Not familiar with Android smart watches but how does the connection work when you're out of Bluetooth range with your paired phone?

Does it automatically switch to WiFi to maintain connection like Apple's smartwatch does?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
97% Sold.

I wonder if I should settle for the silver.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 22, 2017
223 posts
189 upvotes
Manitoba
redflagdealsguy wrote: 97% Sold.

Wouldn't hurt, if you manage to snag a different colour in the next few days, you can always return the first one.
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
How to disconnect adb? Is it always auto connected. Prorblem is no good watch apps to side load
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1458 posts
286 upvotes
Renous
redflagdealsguy wrote: 97% Sold.

Do it
Reserved for future time travellers
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Albuca wrote: Wouldn't hurt, if you manage to snag a different colour in the next few days, you can always return the first one.
Jimboski wrote: Looks better than i thought, just got mine today.
patpond wrote: Do it
This is peer pressure. I'm telling my RA.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
I'm confused as to how to update to 2.0 lol.. Start up the smartwatch, pair the phone with the smartwatch.. Disable Cellular, wifi is already connected through phone, disable bluetooth on my phone? I didn't see a disable bluetooth on the smartwatch, just unpair device which does nothing.
Sep 25, 2004
50 posts
37 upvotes
Mine died after 30 days as well. Dont worry. There is a 60 day warranty on the watch (its in the ebay listing description). Just go thru ebay to contact seller and describe your problem. Seller is very prompt and will email you a prepaid Canada Post label. I returned the watch and seller sent me another one within a few days. Awesome service!
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Jimboski wrote: wifi is already connected through phone, disable bluetooth on my phone? I didn't see a disable bluetooth on the smartwatch, just unpair device which does nothing.
You need wifi on the watch connected to wifi network (wifi on the phone is irrelevant).
Then you need the BT disabled on the watch (not unpaired), so the watch and phone remain paired (though via WiFi).
Then you need to put the watch on the cradle and leave it be.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
kevf wrote: Mine died after 30 days as well. Dont worry. There is a 60 day warranty on the watch (its in the ebay listing description). Just go thru ebay to contact seller and describe your problem. Seller is very prompt and will email you a prepaid Canada Post label. I returned the watch and seller sent me another one within a few days. Awesome service!
Was this changed recently? I don't see it.
Sep 25, 2004
50 posts
37 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Was this changed recently? I don't see it.
Click on the 'Return' tab, next to Shipping. I still see it.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
rdfnewbe wrote: You can transfer files to the watch using the NavExplorer app made by the same maker of the NavMusic app. Just install the app on your phone and watch and run the app on the phone.
Can I store Word and Excel documents on my phone. Then if I need to share them with someone, can I transfer the documents to their smart phone via bluetooth sharing ?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
There's the day to day connectivity and there's the watch updating of the watches software.

For the day to day messages, appointments, texts, etc., bluetooth is turned ON (watch) and wifi can be turned OFF, yes? (to save battery)

For watch APP updating, Bluetooth is OFF (watch) and wifi is ON (watch).

Is that right?

And the wifi on the watch is using the wifi profiles stored on the phone? (Somehow it's knowing the locked wifi passwords).
aasoror wrote: You need wifi on the watch connected to wifi network (wifi on the phone is irrelevant).
Then you need the BT disabled on the watch (not unpaired), so the watch and phone remain paired (though via WiFi).
Then you need to put the watch on the cradle and leave it be.
Aug 5, 2010
268 posts
388 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I find the silicon strap very flimsy and don't think it will last...
We have gathered enough ppl in this thread, does anybody have a 3D printer at home and be able to design and print some resin plugs to the strap connector? This case we can all change to regular straps without worry about getting water in! Winking Face