Ongoing Deal Discussion

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 11:45 am
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1837 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm using a Classic watch face. Really like a lot of the controllable features and heavy customization, including controlling the brightness of the "always on display". Does Watchmaker or Facer have such a feature? Otherwise I just may buy the Classic premium app. Watchmaker is quite expensive at the moment and it was on sale for 50% just in May -_-

This is what I use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ssic&hl=en
May 13, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
Tuppin wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 3:22 pm
First full day wearing this watch.. 7.5 hours in and it is at 79%. That's pretty good. Using Facer and always on display. gestures to wake is turned off. I find vibration very weak though. May look into that vibration app.
try Feel The Wear from play store... it work great for me
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1652 posts
263 upvotes
Obi Wan wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 1:07 pm
Anyone else having major battery problems? Its 100% in the morning and down to 66% within 1-2 hours with minimal use (I check the time occasionally, that's it). Today for example it was in the 60s around 12pm. I ran out to run some errands and looked down for the time and I'm down to 14% now. Did I just end up with a lemon?
You might have ended up with a lemon.

I'm using about 2%/hour. Charge up your phone fully. Turn off your wifi, bluetooth, cellular. See if your battery is still draining quickly ?
Jan 10, 2011
387 posts
154 upvotes
I have awesome battery life. I followed the instructions in the second post. If I use it for a full day, I'm down to about 70%. Really awesome watch for the price. I noticed the price is down to $79 now too. Although I'm waiting for another ebay promotion, then I'll buy my wife a girly rose gold one ;)
Apr 12, 2018
28 posts
14 upvotes
I've had my silver Wear24 for 1-2 months and I can say with confidence mine will easily last roughly 3 days of daily usage.

I essentially just use it for your common notifications (Gmail, text messages, calls, social media, etc.) and controlling my music when my phones in my pocket (Google Play Music, haven't used Spotify yet but I assume it functions the same/uses similar battery). So in other words, Bluetooth is always on, that and airplane mode. Cellular / WiFi are disabled, plus all the Verizon bloatware that's previously mentioned in this thread.

Love this watch. Buying a second one shortly just to have as a backup.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3050 posts
2763 upvotes
Mordor
Jimboski wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 1:26 pm
Damn you guys, caved in and bought one lol. Was hoping for a black one but doesn't seem like they're restocking..
I actually want a silver one, if anyone wants a black one, I am available to trade downtown Toronto.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19147 posts
10247 upvotes
Kitchener
Obi Wan wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 1:07 pm
Anyone else having major battery problems? Its 100% in the morning and down to 66% within 1-2 hours with minimal use (I check the time occasionally, that's it). Today for example it was in the 60s around 12pm. I ran out to run some errands and looked down for the time and I'm down to 14% now. Did I just end up with a lemon?
Does it get hot on the charging cradle ?
Are you sure you have disabled VZ LTE profile ? do you have location services set to "battery saving" ? have you disabled "gestures" ?
Sep 21, 2008
437 posts
19 upvotes
YYZ/YUL
aasoror wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 1:55 pm
Are you sure you have disabled VZ LTE profile ? do you have location services set to "battery saving" ? have you disabled "gestures" ?
I'm pretty sure I did all of these things, but will double check when I'm home tonight.
Oct 28, 2012
723 posts
97 upvotes
EDMONTON
What are the options for spare charger?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4617 posts
678 upvotes
SK
aasoror wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 1:55 pm
How do you verify the VZ LTE Profile is actually turned off?
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3493 upvotes
updates.

It works with iphone 8+ now.

pros: it can install android apps under playstore even when connected to an iphone 8+.

cons: it cannot get wechat when it is connected to an iphone 8+ (after upgrading the firmware) as shown here, it cannot be connected to beatsX via bluetooth either.

discoveries:

it is impossible to connect to iphone 8+ with the stock firmware, but if you connect the watch to an android phone, upgrade the firmware, then factory reset, then it can connect to iphone 8+ easily.

it gets burning hot when i plug the charging stand into my Quick Charge 3.0 AUKEY 5-Port USB Charging Station, however, if I plug the charging stand into the adapter that comes with the watch, it only gets warm, not burning hot.

for the record, the unit i received also had "larger seals covering smaller broken seals"
Bitcoin will crash hard.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19147 posts
10247 upvotes
Kitchener
shopper-X wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 9:28 am
How do you verify the VZ LTE Profile is actually turned off?
As soon as you re-open SIM-Info you will get a message that the profile is disabled, you can't miss it.

screen (3).png