Ongoing Deal Discussion

[eBay.ca/amazon.ca] Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 4:34 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3493 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 12:10 pm
nice, so whats a good app to install lol ...some calculator app?

when i shift key, my win10 opens up some blue windows powershell ...it doesn't open up admin cmd exe prog... i prolly need to make a shortcut to that cmd .exe right

i sucessfully installed 2.5meg small samsung calculator app, but when i click it just flashes and doesn't open lol on the watch

i installed this small music mp3 player! 4.5megs, seems to open up fine , not sure how i sideload mp3s into the watch? whats the command to sideload files
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .apps.less

this 99c music app looks good for android wear

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.navmusic
not all apps are supported, obviously.

however, it is really cool when you get a supposedly "non-compatible" app working.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1333 posts
815 upvotes
Vancouver
The Wear24 connects to the phone through Bluetooth.

It's weird that the phone's WearOS APP shows Wear24 connected but the watch Bluetooth connections show phone is disconnected.

The other thing I'm curious about is wifi on the watch.

For wifi connections with passwords, is the watch using the wifi profiles setup from the phone? Or does it connect via Bluetooth to the internet through the phone's internet connection (wifi or data).

I'm curious when we need wifi 'on' for the watch. I'm also wondering how to connect to secured wifis when not with the phone. There doesn't seem to be a place to enter passwords and can't open up a browser.

It's a challenge to see the time in the sunny outdoors, even on the brightest setting.
Last edited by RxMills on Jul 10th, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
8855 posts
10982 upvotes
GT-EH
RxMills wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 2:19 pm
The Wear24 connects to the phone through Bluetooth.

It's weird that the phone's WearOS APP shows Wear24 connected but the watch Bluetooth connections show phone is disconnected.
I have this problem too... if you do find a simple fix, let me know. ;)
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3493 upvotes
BTW, I couldn't connect the watch to a BeatsX that I have had for a while, but the BeatsX I bought recently paired up with the watch easily.

The two beatsX should be the same generation with the only difference being the manufacture date...
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1837 posts
1897 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikka2017 wrote:

when i shift key, my win10 opens up some blue windows powershell ...it doesn't open up admin cmd exe prog... i prolly need to make a shortcut to that cmd .exe right
Glancalot apparently looks like he's using Windows 98 to XP.

Powershell is what opens with those specific keys. If you want command, in Windows 10, just click start and type 'cmd' (right click to open with admin rights)
Jan 25, 2012
254 posts
47 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
i installed this small music mp3 player! 4.5megs, seems to open up fine , not sure how i sideload mp3s into the watch? whats the command to sideload files
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .apps.less

this 99c music app looks good for android wear

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.navmusic
You can transfer files to the watch using the NavExplorer app made by the same maker of the NavMusic app. Just install the app on your phone and watch and run the app on the phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3218 posts
3493 upvotes
blackston3 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 2:56 pm
Glancalot apparently looks like he's using Windows 98 to XP.

Powershell is what opens with those specific keys. If you want command, in Windows 10, just click start and type 'cmd' (right click to open with admin rights)
I use windows 7 but with the classic view.

you need to navigate (under CMD) to the work folder where you extract mfastboot-v2.zip (i.e., where the apk is saved at).

you can do this by typing

cd path

where path is the path of your work folder

example (goes with post #1172 of this thread)

cd C:\Users\w520\desktop\watch
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Jan 25, 2012
254 posts
47 upvotes
Glancealot wrote:
Jul 8th, 2018 4:36 pm
1, your watch must be connected to your home wifi network, you need to figure out its bogon IP on the router, it should be something like 192.168.0.*** where *** is a number. this step will be different for everybody, I am going to describe what I did, hopefully it will be similar to what you will have to do.

on computer, open chrome browser, type 192.168.0.1, this brings up the router log in page. log in with info written on my router. click on wireless, click on access control, click "show connected devices", it will show the IP Address associated with your watch. for me this step is actually a little more tedious as explained below

I actually see two devices with generic names "android-******", therefore I had to print screen of all connected devices, disconnect my wear24 watch, then refresh and compare the before and after list to figure out which one on the original list was my watch. then I re-connect my watch and record its ip address. for discussion purposes, let's use my watch's bogon IP address: 192.168.0.25.
Step 1 can be simplified. After turning on wifi debug on the watch under developer mode, the ip address of the watch will show up. E.g. 192.168.0.25:5555. You can then connect to the address using adb. Remember to include the port number 5555.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4617 posts
678 upvotes
SK
rdfnewbe wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 6:09 pm
Step 1 can be simplified. After turning on wifi debug on the watch under developer mode, the ip address of the watch will show up. E.g. 192.168.0.25:5555. You can then connect to the address using adb. Remember to include the port number 5555.
Where is the ".. turning on wifi debug on the watch under developer mode..." setting found on the watch?
shopper-X
Apr 22, 2017
158 posts
119 upvotes
Manitoba
shopper-X wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 8:07 am
Where is the ".. turning on wifi debug on the watch under developer mode..." setting found on the watch?
Go to Settings > About > Build number
Tap Build number seven times (you'll see a little toast message pop up letting you know it was successful)
Go back to Settings, where you'll find the Developer options entry in the menu, at the very bottom.
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Feb 23, 2008
47 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Hi,

I got mine around 30 days ago, it was working fine up until yesterday. Now the touch screen doesn't seem to work and there is a small light on the right of the screen.. the screen works fine other than that, so does the button of the watch.

Anyone had that issue? Any tips on how to fix that? I don't think that I can return it now, the ebay listing says 14-days return :(

Thanks
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14780 posts
5924 upvotes
yotamayo wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 8:25 am
Hi,

I got mine around 30 days ago, it was working fine up until yesterday. Now the touch screen doesn't seem to work and there is a small light on the right of the screen.. the screen works fine other than that, so does the button of the watch.

Anyone had that issue? Any tips on how to fix that? I don't think that I can return it now, the ebay listing says 14-days return :(

Thanks
I'm wondering if ebay or PayPal buyer protection could help you.