Hot Deals

[eBay.ca / Best Buy] Dyson Hair Dryer in Black/Nickel, Silver/Copper, Fuchsia/Nickel (refurbrished) - $320

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2021 4:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3483 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa, ON

Dyson Hair Dryer in Black/Nickel, Silver/Copper, Fuchsia/Nickel (refurbrished) - $320

Deal Link:
Price:
$320
Savings:
($80) 20%
Expiry:
April 29, 2021
Retailer:
eBay.ca / Best Buy
For some reason, the colours have different expiry dates on eBay but on Best Buy, they all expire on the 29th.

Available in:
At this price, it's even cheaper than used. Use Rakuten to get an additional 1% cash back.

04/19/21 - Black/Nickel is sold out on both sites.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by EnyCe on Apr 20th, 2021 11:07 am, edited 13 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1634 posts
687 upvotes
London
I was looking at these and saw they were $500 new. I suppose this refurb one is a good price, but who tf pays this much for a hairdryer with a twoyear warranty?
Sep 19, 2005
608 posts
172 upvotes
good price! i'm assuming this is HD01 based on the colors?
Mar 25, 2015
53 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I've said it before on these Dyson "refurb" deals but I'll say it again:

Just buy it from Shopper's Drug Mart. They have 20x points events all the time.

Buy it at regular price then, with 20x points, you're getting 30 cents per dollar you spend back. Right now if I add the $499.99 regular price Hair Dryer to my cart it says I get 7485 in regular points or 149700 with the 20x event. This is worth $149.70 back. If you then spend those during the Spend your points events which are almost once every 2 months you can make those points worth 1.5x their value. So your $149.70 is worth $224.55 in merchandise.

Spend $500, get $224.55 back in Shopper's money. For a NEW, not refurbished, Dyson Hair Dryer. Plus you still can get 1% with Rakuten.

Refurb: $319.99 ($361.59 with tax)
New: $499.99 ($564.99 with tax) - $224.55 = $340.44
Aug 17, 2008
270 posts
1053 upvotes
Drakestar wrote: I was looking at these and saw they were $500 new. I suppose this refurb one is a good price, but who tf pays this much for a hairdryer with a twoyear warranty?
I don't have one... but my hair dresser has one... usually it takes about 30 minutes to dry my hair with a hair dryer.... this thing took 10 minutes, if that. If I ever decide to buy myself a hair dryer, the extra money is totally worth the time I would save by using it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3483 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
jdawgg94 wrote: I've said it before on these Dyson "refurb" deals but I'll say it again:

Just buy it from Shopper's Drug Mart. They have 20x points events all the time.

Buy it at regular price then, with 20x points, you're getting 30 cents per dollar you spend back. Right now if I add the $499.99 regular price Hair Dryer to my cart it says I get 7485 in regular points or 149700 with the 20x event. This is worth $149.70 back. If you then spend those during the Spend your points events which are almost once every 2 months you can make those points worth 1.5x their value. So your $149.70 is worth $224.55 in merchandise.

Spend $500, get $224.55 back in Shopper's money. For a NEW, not refurbished, Dyson Hair Dryer. Plus you still can get 1% with Rakuten.

Refurb: $319.99 ($361.59 with tax)
New: $499.99 ($564.99 with tax) - $224.55 = $340.44
You've failed to mention Shoppers Drug Mart's massive mark ups on most of their items. I try to avoid buying there as much as possible. Unless the item you're looking for is on sale, I wouldn't recommend it.

For example, Dr. Scholl's men's work insoles is sold at SDM for $23 at regular price. I can get these exact same ones from Wal-Mart for $18 at regular price. This is a 22% markup. With the 20x points event, $149.70 is 30% of the $500 item. If you spend the points back on these kind of mark ups, you're not saving much. It's only worthwhile if it's on sale, whenever that will be. The points system is constantly recycled to cover the mark ups.

With the $149.70 that you've saved and if I were to buy these insoles, I can buy 6 of them from SDM as opposed to Wal-Mart where I can get 8 with no conditions. The points limits your selection and when you (want to) spend them as opposed to direct savings. This is just my opinion but I prefer not to be locked into this kind of marketing tactic.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1634 posts
687 upvotes
London
jungling wrote: I don't have one... but my hair dresser has one... usually it takes about 30 minutes to dry my hair with a hair dryer.... this thing took 10 minutes, if that. If I ever decide to buy myself a hair dryer, the extra money is totally worth the time I would save by using it.
That is impressive! IIRC, theyhave a line for professionals, something to do with the filter getting clogged with product (spray etc) in a professional setting.
Dec 17, 2018
198 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Out of the topic, last year there was a free attachment giveaway from Dyson. Has anyone received it yet? It was also a post on RFD. Thanks
Jan 10, 2018
274 posts
784 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: You've failed to mention Shoppers Drug Mart's massive mark ups on most of their items. I try to avoid buying there as much as possible. Unless the item you're looking for is on sale, I wouldn't recommend it.

For example, Dr. Scholl's men's work insoles is sold at SDM for $23 at regular price. I can get these exact same ones from Wal-Mart for $18 at regular price. This is a 22% markup. With the 20x points event, $149.70 is 30% of the $500 item. If you spend the points back on these kind of mark ups, you're not saving much. It's only worthwhile if it's on sale, whenever that will be. The points system is constantly recycled to cover the mark ups.

With the $149.70 that you've saved and if I were to buy these insoles, I can buy 6 of them from SDM as opposed to Wal-Mart where I can get 8 with no conditions. The points limits your selection and when you (want to) spend them as opposed to direct savings. This is just my opinion but I prefer not to be locked into this kind of marketing tactic.
Wal-Mart doesn't have points though, so you would just be paying $149.70 in cash vs. PC points, in which case 1 pack of insoles at Wal-Mart is more expensive than the 6 packs you'd get from Shoppers.
Aug 30, 2018
209 posts
156 upvotes
Got a refurb from eBay over one year back.
Really pleased with the quality and condition.

One major complaint though, the power brick and heavy-duty wire are always dangling and extremely heavy. It's very poor design IMO and I'm surprised Dyson would not catch this in user testing.
To make things worse the cable is excessively long and needs to be coiled up with a zip tie.
I ended up installing a 3M-copycat hook on the wall to hold it up, and that hook has since fallen from the weight.

It is annoying enough that I wouldn't buy it again for that one reason.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3483 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Shady67 wrote: Wal-Mart doesn't have points though, so you would just be paying $149.70 in cash vs. PC points, in which case 1 pack of insoles at Wal-Mart is more expensive than the 6 packs you'd get from Shoppers.
PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3483 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
d_source wrote: Bought this at the same price from the Dyson outlet at BB and the wife absolutely loves it.

Dyson Official Outlet - *Best Buy Exclusive* Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer - Fuchsia/Nickel, Refurbished
I just noticed on your sig that the fuchsia/nickel one is on sale for the same price but not the eBay store. I'll update the thread to include this one. Thanks for mentioning it.
Dec 29, 2020
51 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
My wife and I have one. It really is a superior hair dryer and works way faster than other ones. Now that I'm getting pandemic length hair from no haircuts, I truly appreciate it more than ever.
Feb 21, 2003
743 posts
470 upvotes
Richmond BC
Following their vacuum trend, I think they will eventually come out with a wireless model. Waiting on that. :)
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2110 posts
580 upvotes
Vaughan
EnyCe wrote: I just noticed on your sig that the fuchsia/nickel one is on sale for the same price but not the eBay store. I'll update the thread to include this one. Thanks for mentioning it.
Just posting a similar deal from another vendor. It's not a part of my sig and I am in no way endorsing BestBuy or Dyson and I don't take any commission. Astonished Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3483 posts
968 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
d_source wrote: Just posting a similar deal from another vendor. It's not a part of my sig and I am in no way endorsing BestBuy or Dyson and I don't take any commission. Astonished Face
Oh my bad, the link looked like a sig because it wasn't a url haha. It had the full product title.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2534 posts
1393 upvotes
Mississauga
EnyCe wrote: PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
Both sides have valid points, however if you buy some items that are relatively flat in price, like baby formula or some grocery items you aren't worst off as Walmart sells it pretty much at the same price. Points can also be used at other pc chains, albeit at no bonus rate.

Even if you forgo the extra redemption days, it's still only $50 more expensive for new vs refurb. For an item of this cost, that's relatively negligible but YMMV on that.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
May 4, 2010
86 posts
34 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
You can redeem point for grocery at any Loblaw stores, so it is basically cash.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)