• Sep 22nd, 2017 5:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2011
1002 posts
594 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC

[eBay.ca] 236$ Elephone P8 6gb 64gb octa core android phone FS

This is an amazing phone for the price and hurry because there are limited quantities available. The seller is top rated on Ebay.

Unlocked
2,5ghz 8 cores
5.5in screen
6gb Ram
64gb Rom
Android 7.0
16mp selfie cam
21mp primary camera.

Needless to say at this price this phone is really hard to beat.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
23 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22328 posts
26705 upvotes
Toronto
Long video review here

Ye wife is in me dms baby.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19886 posts
9319 upvotes
Oakville
Only LTE band 7 support, as an FYI.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1036 posts
397 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
This kind of phone always intrigues me, but the lack of lte support and juat general unknown of elephone makes me no want to try it.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1186 posts
1683 upvotes
Somewhere Ontario
there has been a couple of very nice spec chinese phones but oddly, they never support the right frequencies for canada. Its too bad, i'd be willing to try out one of these if they did.
Jun 25, 2017
1 posts
Is it actually worth buying this phone? Considering this or a Xiaomi. Please let me know, in the market for a phone and this one matches my budget but Elephone seems unknown :rolleyes:
Nov 22, 2009
818 posts
1001 upvotes
Toronto
iPoutine wrote: Is it actually worth buying this phone? Considering this or a Xiaomi. Please let me know, in the market for a phone and this one matches my budget but Elephone seems unknown :rolleyes:
The main thing is if it supports Canadian LTE bands...most China phones do not. I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4X global edition, which does support our LTE bands and I paid about $200CAD. The phone gets slightly sluggish at times and I find myself having to clear open apps. Camera is decent at best but the main thing is the battery - I can go 2-3 days without charging the phone. If you're okay with a less than stellar camera and aren't too greedy for a super swift phone then I would definitely recommend it.
Jan 1, 2007
62 posts
38 upvotes
My experience:

Good luck to replace your battery - you have to wait min 30 days for shipping from China. Support is weak, and parts are non existent in North America. Software support maybe for one or two years, if you are lucky!
Dec 25, 2003
506 posts
485 upvotes
Saskatoon
As a happy owner of the redmi note 3 (oddly more powerful and capable phone than the redmi note 4), I recommend trying the Chinese phones. As mentioned, you need to look if it supports the bands you need locally or for travel. Also, you should probably put a rom on it that you get from XDA. If you are not willing to install your own rom, I would not recommend getting a Chinese made phone.

Now, looking at the specs on the elephone, 6gb ram for $235 is a great price. If the camera is good then I would recommend getting this phone.....but. . . . ..since the CPU is not a snapdragon then that may be the dealbreaker. Chinese CPU choices are frequently the dealbreaker and developer support is often only for snapdragon models. Rule of thumb is only buy the snapdragon CPU phones. I took a look on XDA and there is no rooting method and no roms. I would not buy this phone if you are not sure it is what you need.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9046 posts
763 upvotes
******** is selling at CAD$303 or US$239. By the way, it says 4GB ram not 6GB. I wonder if I should wait for Lenovo P3 or take this one ? Same price range, Lenovo P2 gets very good review, huge battery. On the other hand, Elephone S8 has better camera and bezel less

https://www.********.com/cell-phones/pp ... tml?wid=11
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1500 posts
573 upvotes
Halton
showing at $294.93 for me, deal dead?

Yay! 1,000 posts, so exciting!!!
feels fairly inauspicious based on the comment itself
edit: oooh i am now an "addict" my wife could have told you that 500 posts ago!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9046 posts
763 upvotes
I wonder if it was $236 in USD. If you google now, official price is US$279 and you can find $239 at Gearxxxx for two days flash sale ;)
CheapoFillipo wrote: showing at $294.93 for me, deal dead?

Yay! 1,000 posts, so exciting!!!
feels fairly inauspicious based on the comment itself
edit: oooh i am now an "addict" my wife could have told you that 500 posts ago!!
Sep 4, 2007
164 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
banggood is us$229.99

banggood

even cheapper in gearxxx for us$199.99

btw, why block gearxxx here? weird
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19886 posts
9319 upvotes
Oakville
hesho wrote: there has been a couple of very nice spec chinese phones but oddly, they never support the right frequencies for canada. Its too bad, i'd be willing to try out one of these if they did.
It's not that odd, since they're not aiming to sell them at the Canadian market. They're aiming mostly at Europe and Asia.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9046 posts
763 upvotes
Sorry, I just realize this thread is about P8 not S8 Face With Tears Of Joy

By the way, would you guys pay $50 more for S8 ? It is bigger and bezel less.