[eBay.ca] $299.99 (28% off )Dyson Refurbished Supersonic Red & Iron

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 12:56 am
[OP]
Feb 10, 2020
22 posts
66 upvotes

[eBay.ca] $299.99 (28% off )Dyson Refurbished Supersonic Red & Iron

Saw this banner on eBay from Dyson official outlet for the SuperSonic Red & Iron Refurb for $299.99.
This is the lowest price for this item, with the previous low being $399, (which is the price for all other colors) Super hot deal IMO with the case thrown in.
23 replies
Oct 17, 2010
822 posts
421 upvotes
Edmonton
The Shoppers + Rakuten deal is/was IMO better if it's still going on. You get a brand new unit with choice of colour and after points/Rakuten you're close to the price of this unit.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2508 posts
1526 upvotes
8008135 wrote: The Shoppers + Rakuten deal is/was IMO better if it's still going on. You get a brand new unit with choice of colour and after points/Rakuten you're close to the price of this unit.
that one requires you to spend on future items or have enough points to redeem vs. you get the lower price now without future purchases
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14452 posts
3561 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Androidmarshmellow wrote: that one requires you to spend on future items or have enough points to redeem vs. you get the lower price now without future purchases
Exactly why I jumped on this. Anyone know how I would handle a return though? I presume I refund via eBay.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2508 posts
1526 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Exactly why I jumped on this. Anyone know how I would handle a return though? I presume I refund via eBay.
supposedly no return

The seller will not accept returns for this item.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14452 posts
3561 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Androidmarshmellow wrote: supposedly no return

The seller will not accept returns for this item.
Damn missed that....
Jul 30, 2017
147 posts
181 upvotes
Kanata
Thanks, got one for my wife officially finished with Christmas shopping
Oct 17, 2010
822 posts
421 upvotes
Edmonton
Androidmarshmellow wrote: that one requires you to spend on future items or have enough points to redeem vs. you get the lower price now without future purchases
No returns on this one on top of being a refurb still isn't a great deal. With no redemption on the SD one you'd get $50 back from Rakuten and if you were able to use the $150ish in points at SD in the future it's a no brainer.

I understand this deal is less cash out of pocket but that's about the only thing it has going for it.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2590 posts
2433 upvotes
Some people that bought from RFD reported condition with scuffs and some even has hair on it..

Dyson refurbs is really mixed..
May 7, 2017
277 posts
122 upvotes
8008135 wrote: No returns on this one on top of being a refurb still isn't a great deal. With no redemption on the SD one you'd get $50 back from Rakuten and if you were able to use the $150ish in points at SD in the future it's a no brainer.

I understand this deal is less cash out of pocket but that's about the only thing it has going for it.
Rakuten is now at 4%.
Jul 13, 2016
213 posts
309 upvotes
$300 is the regular low price for these from the Dyson refurb eBay store. There was also a "get the stand, and accessory free" deal last year.

I've pirchased two different items from their refurb eBay store and both came with one year warranties via Dyson.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2508 posts
1526 upvotes
8008135 wrote: I can't understand why anyone would by their wife a used hair dryer for Christmas, not to mention spending $300 on it.
The wife doesn’t need to know it’s used
May 7, 2017
277 posts
122 upvotes
Thank you OP!

I ended up getting the deal from shoppers instead. I wanted to buy the one on Ebay but thinking as a gift probably better to go with a new one.

The deal on ebay is very attractive, and I have bought a couple of refurbished items (a V6+ and a hot/cold fan) from Ebay dyson with no problem. They both came in excellent condition.

After doing some calculation, the dyson hairdryer I got from SDM turned out to be around $390 (tax in) including Rakuten rebate of 4% and 150k PC points. I also have the amex simply cash preferred so that's another 10% CB, so that sort of brought it down to $334 for me. Itll be a great deal for those who have stuff that they want to get from SDM. If you can wait for the next redemption event at shoppers, the points you receive from the hairdryer today, might worth more than $150. (Right now if you redeem 130k points they are worth $200)

But for sure the deal on ebay is also very good as you only have to pay $299 and dont need to think about the rest.
Oct 17, 2010
822 posts
421 upvotes
Edmonton
Androidmarshmellow wrote: The wife doesn’t need to know it’s used
What happens if it comes with some scuffs or hair attached to it and she asks if it's used?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2508 posts
1526 upvotes
8008135 wrote: What happens if it comes with some scuffs or hair attached to it and she asks if it's used?
Paint it up and remove the hair