Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] $3.00 Coupon off $3.01 purchase or more (YMMV - Targeted coupon offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 4:08 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12095 posts
22404 upvotes
Scarborough
Keny wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:58 pm
Is it just me or anyone else has the same experience that with small purchases (<$10) most order never comes? Even the sellers provide refund, I have lost so many coupon/discount opportunities. Now I am moving my purchase to Aliexpress. The sellers there seem more reliable.
Come to think of it, I ordered a USB network adapter a few months ago and that definitely didn't show up. I wonder if it's too late to ask for a refund?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Apr 8, 2017
690 posts
421 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
I've never seen a coupons tab in summary.... Is this something you can add to that page?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Aug 30, 2019
158 posts
52 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: I logged into my ebay account and noticed an available coupon - Use code "TAKETHREE" at checkout by 9/29 to take $3.00 off your next purchase of 3.01 or more. You must use download and use the app and enter the code during checkout. It is a targeted offer (and I don't know what the criteria is), so I'm not sure how many people got it, hopefully someone can take advantage!

To check eligibility, log in to your ebay account, go to "My eBay" -> Summary page and the coupon should show above your "My orders" area.
Pic from brghunter:

Keep in mind this coupon is a $3.00 Canadian dollar coupon, previous ones were USD IIRC.

Didn’t work for me
walmart is new amazon
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13871 posts
2961 upvotes
Markham
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:56 pm
I've never seen a coupons tab in summary.... Is this something you can add to that page?
if you a eligible to a coupon or discount, it will show up automatically there
nothing to add
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Aug 23, 2010
218 posts
32 upvotes
Montr
Same! And i thought i was the only one. Never got two of my last two orders. So dissappointed =p
Ask to resend and checking mailbox everyday since.
deals46 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:44 pm
Had a similar experience... placed order using $4 coupon. Item did not arrive. Followed ebay process and requested item re-sent. Seller replied to message but immediately refunded the PayPal payment portion only (without my request). Nothing about the $4 and closed inquiry so unable to contact. My guess is they never really sent anything in the first place. Live and learn.
Aug 23, 2010
218 posts
32 upvotes
Montr
and i stopped shopping at aliexpress since they made refused to refund a doa cellphone.
Thats when i got back to ebay, but they dont seem really good either.
Anyother alternative aside from ali and ebay?
They seem to have the most choices thought.
DragOnT wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:34 pm
That is true because with Aliexpress, the seller will not get the money until customers report that they receive the item(s); then Aliexpress releases the money to the sellers.

I basically do not shop at ebay any more.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 2:45 pm
Come to think of it, I ordered a USB network adapter a few months ago and that definitely didn't show up. I wonder if it's too late to ask for a refund?
If you bought it via PayPal, you’d be still covered I assume. Please don’t quote me on that though, all depending on how long ago it was.
tsx wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 3:39 pm
and i stopped shopping at aliexpress since they made refused to refund a doa cellphone.
Thats when i got back to ebay, but they dont seem really good either.
Anyother alternative aside from ali and ebay?
They seem to have the most choices thought.
Chargeback you CC, what are they going to do? Call a collection agency out of China? Lol

Anyways, what are people buying?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1785 posts
571 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Keny wrote:
Is it just me or anyone else has the same experience that with small purchases (<$10) most order never comes? Even the sellers provide refund, I have lost so many coupon/discount opportunities. Now I am moving my purchase to Aliexpress. The sellers there seem more reliable.

Yup same with me...bought aquapel..never came and seller said they will refund
Aug 18, 2013
503 posts
441 upvotes
AB
i'm still waiting on some of these 3$ off 3$ purchases from months back
Dec 2, 2017
62 posts
27 upvotes
Keny wrote:
Same to me , since January 5 out of 9 small orders didn’t show up. Even they sent me the shipment notification but with out tracking details.
When complained I was informed that complain is time barred as to over eight weeks.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1313 posts
407 upvotes
Keny wrote:
Yup... I buy tons of cheap junk off ebay, And there are things that i have bought 3x over and NEVER received, until i reordered from a canadian based seller(that still sold the same other junk, so it was probably a chinese seller that just rented out warehouse space here) who charged 2-3x as much.
Specifically, 2' toshlink cable, 4 pin cable extension(for LED strips) and slimport adapter(for hooking a cell phone up to a hdmi monitor). Bought each other those items 3 times, and only learned at the 4th that they seem to have to be located in Canada already, if i'll ever actually get them delivered.

The "scam" is they set the expected received by date to over 2 months. Why? Cause you cant open a ticket until your item is past the estimated delivery date... But you also cant get a refund if its been more than 2 months since you made the transaction. So you're in this weird limbo where ebay wont acknowledge you. I usually send a note to sellers at the 6week point that if i dont have the item in my hand by the 7th week, or a refund in my paypal account, i'm leaving negative feedback. If i follow through with the negative feedback, i sometimes get a constant flow of messages offering gifts and refunds if i change the feedback to positive, or go to the feedback forum and amend it, by the seller. I'm about 80% convinced its a scam.
But i still do get my cheap items more often than not.
Apr 13, 2015
241 posts
201 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks OP +1
Unfortunately I didn't have the offer though.
There are some Canadian sellers with cheap items that should arrive within a week or two. The Chinese orders that are this cheap will almost always take 2+months.
This seller has game repair stuff if anyone needs stuff like that. I think all of their listings are under $10. They also have dabbing stuff lol
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/nintendo-repairs/m.html
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23689 upvotes
ONTARIO
nuclearhot wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:03 pm
i'm still waiting on some of these 3$ off 3$ purchases from months back
One of the items I ordered back on June 14th from that $3 off $3.01 promo came just last week. 3 months later! Another item has yet to arrive and I am not holding my breath.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17170 posts
23689 upvotes
ONTARIO
My main ebay account was not offered the promotion. However sure enough I logged into my other random ebay accounts that I had made from that last $3 off $3.01 promos and they all have $3 coupons!