Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] $3.00 Coupon off $3.01 purchase or more (YMMV - Targeted coupon offer)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2019 4:08 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1238 posts
312 upvotes
Keny wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 1:58 pm
Is it just me or anyone else has the same experience that with small purchases (<$10) most order never comes? Even the sellers provide refund, I have lost so many coupon/discount opportunities. Now I am moving my purchase to Aliexpress. The sellers there seem more reliable.
Same here. My last 6 orders never came and are all refunded. This is only happening in the past few months. Prior to that, I have made around 50 purchases and only had a few no shows.
I will try out Aliexpress as well.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17157 posts
23675 upvotes
ONTARIO
djray wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:30 pm
I have the offer as well, but you got to use their shitty mobile app to apply the coupon.

Doesn't work if you try to pay on a desktop browser.
If you have user-agent switcher extension for chrome or firefox, you can temporarily change it to ios or android and it should work. It will think you're on a mobile device. I remember doing that in the past with a ebay newegg coupon that was supposed to be "mobile only". I just didnt want to install their garbage app on my phone.
Sep 5, 2015
111 posts
212 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Keny wrote:
Is it just me or anyone else has the same experience that with small purchases (<$10) most order never comes? Even the sellers provide refund, I have lost so many coupon/discount opportunities. Now I am moving my purchase to Aliexpress. The sellers there seem more reliable.
True. I have not received many items bought on Ebay. I didn't receive the same item even bought again from same seller. Ebay is loosing it's ground fast.
Jul 15, 2003
671 posts
144 upvotes
BobSagget wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:34 pm
If you have user-agent switcher extension for chrome or firefox, you can temporarily change it to ios or android and it should work. It will think you're on a mobile device. I remember doing that in the past with a ebay newegg coupon that was supposed to be "mobile only". I just didnt want to install their garbage app on my phone.
Didn't work. Tried a Chrome on Android user agent.

Is there a specific user agent that would work to spoof the eBay mobile app?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1280 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal
Scott86 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:19 pm

The "scam" is they set the expected received by date to over 2 months. Why? Cause you cant open a ticket until your item is past the estimated delivery date... But you also cant get a refund if its been more than 2 months since you made the transaction.
It's surface mail, so it really does take that long from China. No other way to sell items that cheap. You have 180 days to file a claim with Paypal for item not received, which you will automatically win since there's no tracking showing delivery.
I usually send a note to sellers at the 6week point that if i dont have the item in my hand by the 7th week, or a refund in my paypal account, i'm leaving negative feedback.
That's feedback extortion; they can report you for that and get eBay to remove it.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17157 posts
23675 upvotes
ONTARIO
djray wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 4:43 pm
Didn't work. Tried a Chrome on Android user agent.

Is there a specific user agent that would work to spoof the eBay mobile app?
Sorry I am not sure. I know this trick used to work. Maybe they fixed it some how.
Mar 18, 2011
891 posts
416 upvotes
Pickering
Keny wrote:
Received everything I've ever purchased from these promotions.
Rule 1 of RFD: Do not talk about RFD.
Rule 2 of RFD: Do NOT. talk about. RFD!
Jun 25, 2007
231 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough
I didn't get my items 4 out of 10 orders, pretty bad, not only I waited for 2 months plus wasted my coupons on them, plus a hassle to deal with refunds. I am slowly losing my confidence on eBay. Not to mention more scammers have surface lately, the seller simply sell a hot item at lower price then disappear, gota get eBay to refund me my money.

This started happening half a yr ago btw, different sellers. I wonder if it's our customs or just too many scammers hoping you forget about your purchase after the long wait.

Aliexpress's model can somewhat deter some scammers I gota say, but also come with other sales issue.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1839 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
tsx wrote:
Sep 11th, 2019 3:39 pm
and i stopped shopping at aliexpress since they made refused to refund a doa cellphone.
Thats when i got back to ebay, but they dont seem really good either.
Anyother alternative aside from ali and ebay?
They seem to have the most choices thought.
If you did not resolve with Aliexpress, try to go thru your credit card company.

As far as online purchases, I do most of them with Amazon - look for Fulfill by Amazon if not sold by Amazon. It might cost a couple of bucks more in some cases, but it is the peace of mind that matters.

¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1454 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
Like others, I bought something back in June (just a phone car vent mount) using the $3 coupon and didn't receive the item within the timeframe. I sent a message to the seller and they refunded me immediately without my prompting... Guess they didn't send the item. :\\

Anyway, no coupons in my eBay accounts, sadly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8731 posts
1265 upvotes
Victoria
From what I gather the quantity of surface mail coming into Canada Post has been insane for the past few years. I think there's postal agreements to deliver mail received from other countries, but so much stuff comes from China, that Canada Post loses money on delivering it. Thus it takes a long time to process out of the warehouse (in Montreal). It's why it takes months (or months and months to show up). I reported a few things lost only to have them show up 4 months later. I don't think I've ever had something 100% not show up, but it takes so long you assume its gone.

Thus I stopped ordering this stuff. I'd rather pay a Canadian located seller a few dollars more and get it in a week, than wait 3 or 4 months for something to show up :(
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1090 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
I used the 3$ coupon before.
Items never arrived after 11 weeks..
Sellers promised to resend.

Not sure how ebay instructs sellers to buyer using these coupons.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17157 posts
23675 upvotes
ONTARIO
Well looks like i wasted my time. The coupon code is showing in my ebay summary page and I attempted to use it through their garbage app. However every single time it just says "looks like that's the wrong code. Please double check and try again.

Edit: I got it to work using my phone (originally just using Nox since I didnt want to install ebay on my phone).
I ordered 3 double tip marker/pens. Couldn't think of what else to buy. Came to like 4 cents. Probably a waste of a coupon but meh.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ITS-0-5-1mm-Dou ... po4C7ISRvg
Last edited by BobSagget on Sep 11th, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1208 posts
1001 upvotes
It's most likely the case that the packages you people are referring to are mislabeled for import and being seized/destroyed by customs. They have really ramped this up over the last few years.

That said, I regularly order all sorts of stuff from ebay/aliexpress and have never had a problem with either (usually 10+ packages a month), but delivery delays due to customs/canada post sorting delays have gone way way up, sometimes taking 2-3 months for the goods to arrive.