• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2021 10:48 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
540 posts
1173 upvotes
Montreal

[eBay.ca] Adidas Parma short only XS and S $14.99

I took this deal when the size L was on stock, great short for playing soccer or running, there is no pocket on this short. Shipping free within 3 days.
Images
  • 53F805B5-5F84-4C53-972E-F0C7DEA0FADA.jpeg
  • 051AF85F-E7A0-4686-9F53-E7BDFF70E2D0.jpeg
21 replies
Oct 4, 2016
373 posts
583 upvotes
GTA
These are great & cheap. I bought 2 pairs from ebay before & this week I went to the outlet store and bought another 2. The outlet store had them for an additional 40% off so they came to $9.57 + tax.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
540 posts
1173 upvotes
Montreal
Regular price at Adidas, Sportchek $25
SVP Sport S and M left for $9.99

They were at $10 in June Redflag
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
Does anyone really buy shorts without zippered pockets, let alone just pockets these days? Otherwise, where would you put your car keys or cell phone?

Honestly, I don't know why the market is still incentivizing manufacturers to make no pocket bottoms. What a joke.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2105 posts
14379 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Does anyone really buy shorts without zippered pockets, let alone just pockets these days? Otherwise, where would you put your car keys or cell phone?

Honestly, I don't know why the market is still incentivizing manufacturers to make no pocket bottoms. What a joke.
They're sports shorts, for... sports. Like OP mentioned. They're not meant to be worn to the mall or running errands.

You take your car keys and cell phone onto the soccer field?
Sep 2, 2009
265 posts
108 upvotes
Ontario
coffeebean wrote: Does anyone really buy shorts without zippered pockets, let alone just pockets these days? Otherwise, where would you put your car keys or cell phone?

I do because I find it uncomfortable doing sports with a phone bouncing around in my shorts pocket. Running tights with pockets sorta works, but then my phone gets sweaty... Maybe it's just me...

I also find that not having zippered pockets means one less potential issue down the line. Mind you, I don't buy expensive shorts or treat them really well.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
Leverage wrote: They're sports shorts, for... sports. Like OP mentioned. They're not meant to be worn to the mall or running errands.

You take your car keys and cell phone onto the soccer field?
You can lock the phone in the car (btw heat degrades cellphone batteries), but where do you put your keys if there's no locker?

And if you go running, most ppl carry their house keys with them.

Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Nov 24, 2019
164 posts
292 upvotes
Vancouver
These are great! Picked up a pair the last time they were on sale for 12.99 and it's great for the gym.

The material is kinda thin, but the plus side is that it keeps you cool during workouts!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3402 posts
3148 upvotes
Victoria

What a ridiculous comment. Some of us wear athletic clothing to actually play sports, not just dress up to give the appearance that we do.

Thanks OP. Been needing a new pair of soccer shorts to play soccer.
Apr 26, 2019
557 posts
726 upvotes
cooper83 wrote: What a ridiculous comment. Some of us wear athletic clothing to actually play sports, not just dress up to give the appearance that we do.

Thanks OP. Been needing a new pair of soccer shorts to play soccer.
Lots of complainers on here lately. I guess some people are still staying inside and have nothing better to do.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: Lots of complainers on here lately. I guess some people are still staying inside and have nothing better to do.
What is that guess based on?

Lot's of ppl take their key (for some it's 1 key) with them during sports.

Loser Quote:
Apr 26, 2019
557 posts
726 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: What is that guess based on?

Lot's of ppl take their key (for some it's 1 key) with them during sports.
I was agreeing with the person who said that the comment about pockets being mandatory is ridiculous. Oh wait, that was you who made the comment. Bored?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: I was agreeing with the person who said that the comment about pockets being mandatory is ridiculous. Oh wait, that was you who made the comment. Bored?
Busy, but distracted by the Internet, aren't we all?

Assuming ppl who bring up the point about needed pockets are ppl who are couch potatoes is unfounded.

Why do you not need pockets? If you play sports (could be individual sports, like running outside) where there's no one to watch your stuff nor a locker, where do you put your house/car keys?

Loser Quote:
Apr 26, 2019
557 posts
726 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Busy, but distracted by the Internet, aren't we all?

Assuming ppl who bring up the point about needed pockets are ppl who are couch potatoes is unfounded.

Why do you not need pockets? If you play sports (could be individual sports, like running outside) where there's no one to watch your stuff nor a locker, where do you put your house/car keys?
Some people need pockets, some people don't need pockets. Suggesting that no company should ever make shorts without pockets is ridiculous.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: Some people need pockets, some people don't need pockets. Suggesting that no company should ever make shorts without pockets is ridiculous.
Companies serve their markets, they need to segment it too. So companies will lock certain "features" behind a higher price to earn higher margins.
But it's largely the market that dictates whether it's worth it for companies to continue certain segments by buying from the product line.

So no one is suggesting companies shouldn't make shorts without pockets, rather I questioning how ppl can make do with pocketless shorts when we all have house and car keys while "sporting".

Loser Quote:
Apr 26, 2019
557 posts
726 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Companies serve their markets, they need to segment it too. So companies will lock certain "features" behind a higher price to earn higher margins.
But it's largely the market that dictates whether it's worth it for companies to continue certain segments by buying from the product line.

So no one is suggesting companies shouldn't make shorts without pockets, rather I questioning how ppl can make do with pocketless shorts when we all have house and car keys while "sporting".
You seem to have a short memory:

"Honestly, I don't know why the market is still incentivizing manufacturers to make no pocket bottoms. What a joke." - you
Dec 16, 2007
152 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
coffeebean wrote: I questioning how ppl can make do with pocketless shorts when we all have house and car keys while "sporting".
Simple. I put my key in a wrist/ankle band or even my socks. Much safer and I don't get accidentally jabbed in the thigh by a key.

I know there are shorts with dedicated key pockets too, but they tend to be more form fitting and I don't find them as comfortable.

Some people just prefer comfort over utility.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: You seem to have a short memory:

"Honestly, I don't know why the market is still incentivizing manufacturers to make no pocket bottoms. What a joke." - you
There's no contradiction between what I said.

Both posts are questioning why the "market" as in us, the consumers, are still buying pocketless shorts and thereby causing them to continue to be manufactured.

Loser Quote:
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1863 posts
1101 upvotes
guardian604 wrote: Simple. I put my key in a wrist/ankle band or even my socks. .........
Cool, thanks for the new idea. I've never worn an wrist/ankle band before, so how do you store a key in there? How do you put the keys inside your socks without it scraping your foot or simply sliding out of the socks and shoe?

Loser Quote: