Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.ca] Asus Certified RT-AC1900P Dual-Band Wireless AC-1900 Gigabit Router on Ebay.ca (NewEggCanada)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 1:32 pm
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
236 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto

[eBay.ca] Asus Certified RT-AC1900P Dual-Band Wireless AC-1900 Gigabit Router on Ebay.ca (NewEggCanada)

Heads up looks like NewEgg has slashed the price off the Asus Certified RT-AC1900 router again. Since I was in the market to get a new one, I thought this would be steal considering brand new one at Best Buy costs $199.99.

I've never ordered a re certified wifi router before but I do love Asus since I had zero issues with the RT66 router I bought a few years ago. If you do decide to pick one up, I would advise to reinstall the router software just in case it ships with some snooping software.

Happy deal hunting!
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 6th, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer name
30 replies
Jul 22, 2014
689 posts
1216 upvotes
Calgary, AB
INB4 is there any difference between this and the RT-AC68u?

Yes, there is:
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireles ... r-reviewed

Edit: I should also mention that I purchased one of these refurbished units from Newegg and it arrived looking brand new. I use it as an AI Mesh node along with an RT-AC68u node running with my RT-AC86u as the AI Mesh router. All over an ethernet backhaul. My WiFi has never been better for both speeds and signal range.
Oct 24, 2017
222 posts
456 upvotes
$84.99 is a great price for this router. I think I bought it when it was $99 a few months ago, also from newegg's eBay listing.

I have it upstairs, Ai Mesh'd over an Ethernet backhaul to a AC86U in the basement, and there isn't a spot in my 3-level (basement, main floor, upper floor) house that isn't full bars.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2384 posts
346 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
If i saw this earlier, I would have just purchased one of these instead of 2 of the TP Link Google wifi. I already have one of these and it performs great except for the range
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6792 posts
5869 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Solid price, these usually sell out quickly. So grab one if you want one.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10933 posts
1451 upvotes
mesh or no?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5021 posts
830 upvotes
Yep, best price I have seen for this router.
Mar 29, 2013
93 posts
56 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP. bought this to aimesh with my asus router downstairs.
Nov 23, 2014
88 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
How does this work exactly? My Telus modem is downstairs and upstairs internet can be a little spotty. Would I connect this to the Telus modem downstairs or do you have router sitting upstairs?
Jul 22, 2014
689 posts
1216 upvotes
Calgary, AB
TeachMeHowToDoughty wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 4:13 pm
How does this work exactly? My Telus modem is downstairs and upstairs internet can be a little spotty. Would I connect this to the Telus modem downstairs or do you have router sitting upstairs?
You need at least two supported routers if you want to use ASUS AI Mesh. Scroll to the bottom of this link for models compatible with AI Mesh:
https://www.asus.com/AiMesh/

You would end up not using your Telus modem in router mode. You'd need to put it in bridge mode or call Telus and have them do it for you.
Feb 21, 2007
46 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
These are good router and I recommend it. I bought them and currently running aimesh at home through wireless. Ethernet back haul would have been better but it is impossible for me to run the wire since the ceiling drywall already there.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2003
4866 posts
5595 upvotes
Is it possible to run AIMesh with Netgear R7000 flashed with XWRT?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol: